Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - Official Debut Of New Video

More Dimmu Borgir news! Nuclear Blast has officially debuted the new Dimmu Borgir video for the song, "Gateways" (we know the video leaked on September 5th, no need to remind us). You can watch the video below.

The clip was directed by Sandra Marschner of Katapult Film and features guest vocalist Agnete Kjølsrud (Djerv, ex-Animal Alpha).

Abrahadabra will be released in Germany on September 24, in the rest of Europe on September 27, and in North America on October 12 via Nuclear Blast Records. Abrahadabra album samples can be heard here. More details available here and here.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 15.09.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 52   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 307 users
15.09.2010 - 13:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ah, it leaked early...i wondered why other metal servers are featuring this as a hot news today, when i already saw it ages ago
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.09.2010 - 13:43
vezzy
Stallmanite
Saw it yesterday. After so much studio version video takedowns, they finally unveiled it.
Eh, big deal.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.09.2010 - 13:44
Nightmare^

Makes me want to eat white chocolate. Dimmu Borgir, worst band for 2010. What the hell is a goat-looking octapus on shagrath's head? not even lady gaga wears stuff like this.
----
15.09.2010 - 13:47
Veertje

Indeed, why is he wearing a squid on his head? Is it supposed to be some form of Black Squid Metal or something?
15.09.2010 - 13:47
Nightmare^

Black squid metal HHAHAHAHA
----
15.09.2010 - 13:51
metal2000

Wow cool song, I didn't expect DB to make such a cool video like that and the song is wonderful
15.09.2010 - 13:57
Got Mayhem?

If it wasn't for Galder making his usual ridiculous faces then this video would be absolutely worthless.

Also, the more times I hear this song the more I realize just how poorly written it is. It really does sound like a bunch of unrelated, hastily written, and generally uninteresting riffs thrown over an overplayed melody that goes absolutely nowhere. Blah.
----
15.09.2010 - 14:15
RavenKing

What a pointless and stupid video for a sucky song.

And to believe this band is one of the most well-known from the extreme metal scene... One more proof that the most awful something is, the higher chances are it will become popular.
This band still sucks.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
15.09.2010 - 14:42
Slyfang

I really enjoyed the new video. their new costumes are hell of alot more stylish and original than the BDSM studs and leather that we've all seen far too much of..

plus the visual effects were neatly done, especially the ones involving the bath
15.09.2010 - 15:11
wormwood

The song is definitely bettern than the video.
and the song is nothing special at all...
15.09.2010 - 16:04
Igniscorpus

The video is ok, and i think the outfit is cool. I guess some people are pissed off because
they dont dress up in black with corpse paint, but face it, they dont play black metal no more,
probably "extreme power metal" or "extreme symphonic metal"

It seems they will never top Death Cult Armageddon (as extreme metal) or Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (as black metal)
as my favoritest.

I think Gateways is a ok song, i like it more and more.
15.09.2010 - 16:48
Eddie Misery

I enjoy the new costumes, they're far more interesting and perhaps over the top theatric, but still cool. The song was cool too I thought. In any case, it was way better than anything on their previous album. The video for that album was hilarious.
15.09.2010 - 16:49
Windrider
Raureif
I fucking hate this Agnete Kjølsrud, both her and her vocals, she just sucks...
And the video is somehow fitting to new techno/house/pop shit...
I loved the raw way of In Sorte Diaboli, but thats gone somehow...
15.09.2010 - 17:30
s_t_s

The video is unfortunately up to the song itself : pure nonsenses I cannot say what's wrong with this song, the writing, the poor balance of orchestra and dark singing ? The irritating female voice (is she also singing the clear voices in the end ?).

I mean, look at the Serpentine Offering or Progenies of the great Apocalypse and you feel like headbanging right away, here I just feel like doing... nothing (or just closing down my browser
15.09.2010 - 17:51
moe5512

I think the video suck but the more i listen to the song, the more i like it
15.09.2010 - 18:04
farfaramir

1:57
Galder: "Hey, guys, guys... I have another really good black metal idea!
Shagrat: Another one?... Sigh... Ok, if it's another lady gaga hat...
Galder: Nah, what If i spit blood...?
Shagrat: We have already donde that... Like... 20 times already.
Galder: But... In slow motion...?
Shagrat: D:... You are a genius! Then we will look even more satanic for the kids! It's a great plan!!
Agnete Kjølsrud: Can I spit blood?
Galder: No.
Shagrat: No.
Agnete Kjølsrud: ... Ok, I will keep doing my satanic dance.
Galder: That's the spirit .
15.09.2010 - 18:04
Kuroboshi

Wow! That must be about the worst song done by DM so far... I was sad as to how little memorable moments there were in In Sorte Diaboli, but there seems to be no hope for Dimmu any more, I guess. Just pointless..:-X
15.09.2010 - 18:11
Vombatus
Potorro
Song is horrible, only the first 37 seconds are good. When shaggy and that agnete open their mouth it becomes embarrassing to hear such a piece of shit.

Video is on the same level as the song so, yeah it sucks too. Specially the costumes... wtf were they thinking of ? Like that squid-helmet ?
15.09.2010 - 19:52
epidemia

I don't wait anything from the new album just a demanding extreme metal... I love even the new Dimmu Borgir \m/
15.09.2010 - 19:59
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Pretty cool. Galder is badass
15.09.2010 - 20:28
CreeperDeath

Am I the only one who feel like shagrath not even singing ? I mean, I hear vocals, but I don't recognize his voice at all... And agnete is a bit too satanic for me... and the video is very egocentric, unlike progenies of the great apocalypse, where you can see at least a bit of armagedon, a bit of sens... Yea non-sens define very well the video for me
15.09.2010 - 20:55
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Since when has satanism been about dumping someone into a tub of milk, then covering them in chocolate syrup. Video makes an interesting dairy product commercial I guess?
15.09.2010 - 21:11
Janne
Hugin
Anyone wanna take a milk-bath with me?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
15.09.2010 - 21:59
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Yeowch this is fucking ridiculous. Bad song, bad acting, Galdr making those ridiculous faces of him, that bitch swinging around like a god damn scarecrow and Shagrath wearing an octopus on his head and a freaking Elvis suit. WTF is this band trying to do, exactly??? This is not sellout, this is pure stupidity even CoF teengirl fans will snub.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
16.09.2010 - 00:09
X5452
Account deleted
I stopped paying attention half way through the song, that should tell you enough...
16.09.2010 - 00:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Veertje on 15.09.2010 at 13:47

Indeed, why is he wearing a squid on his head? Is it supposed to be some form of Black Squid Metal or something?

it is obviously a Twi'lek costume
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.09.2010 - 08:25
sylrmha

That oboe in the verse is fucking annoying. Same goes for the chick screaming...she just ruins it.
16.09.2010 - 09:38
Constantine

My first impression: wtf is this? Well after watching the whole video my thoughts are clear. I don't like the video and don't like the song and don't like the new style. Damn, I hope the album will be better, but after this I expect dissapointment.
16.09.2010 - 11:07
TheAmazingP

I thought there was some kind of aesthetics in black metal, but this is:
ridiculous
pointless
pretentious
over the top
boring
annoying
repulsive

...and mostly hilarious.
Give us a break...
16.09.2010 - 11:55
BudDa

Written by farfaramir on 15.09.2010 at 18:04

1:57
Galder: "Hey, guys, guys... I have another really good black metal idea!
Shagrat: Another one?... Sigh... Ok, if it's another lady gaga hat...
Galder: Nah, what If i spit blood...?
Shagrat: We have already donde that... Like... 20 times already.
Galder: But... In slow motion...?
Shagrat: D:... You are a genius! Then we will look even more satanic for the kids! It's a great plan!!
Agnete Kjølsrud: Can I spit blood?
Galder: No.
Shagrat: No.
Agnete Kjølsrud: ... Ok, I will keep doing my satanic dance.
Galder: That's the spirit .

Hahaha
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 10911 | This month: 11