Metal Storm logo
Why Do You Like Metal?

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 25.08.2006 - 19:13
A really interesting question, IMO.
Everyone in MS like metal but I'd like to know the reasons.

Personally, I like metal because:
*Metal is a really creative music, because you find lots of different styles, from melodic metal, combinated with classical, epic, medieval music to extreme metal.
*I feel represented with metal, due to the variety of genres, I feel represented specially with melodic
*Many metal bands are full of culture
*In metal you find true musicians that don't do that music that you hear for some months and then it's completly forgotten
*Many musicians and metalheads are really interesting people and thanks to metal, now I feel that I have really good friends

These are the reasons I remember now, what I can affirm is that since I listen to metal, I'm a very different person, and I find many things of myself thanks to it .

So, what about you?
24.11.2011 - 21:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 24.11.2011 at 21:47
*Racism may vary.

Legal disclaimer ftw.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.11.2011 - 21:51
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 24.11.2011 at 21:47
**Racism may vary.

**Your mileage may vary as well.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
25.01.2012 - 03:02
lordchadi

I think this is something run in my blood since i was a kid
but for many reason we can love metal
1 - its so unique
2- hard to play not any1 can play good stuff , need skillful players
3- special lyrics ( not all about love )
4- powerful " recharge ur power "
5- metal is a brotherhood " not any other genre of music have the same even the rap , the rapper hate each others "
6- it last forever , i still hear albums from 1981
14.04.2012 - 22:01
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
......Cause its a Metal?!
15.04.2012 - 00:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 14.04.2012 at 22:01

......Cause its a Metal?!

I personally prefer the noble gases, but to each his own.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.04.2012 - 00:34
Oaken
Hipster
Written by Guest on 14.04.2012 at 21:12

Dying fetus-pissing on the mainstream.
This song says it all for me

That sums it up. Thread winner.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
15.04.2012 - 01:59
Olli

You might as well ask me why I like burgers it just sounds great to me
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
15.04.2012 - 04:53
Xytraguptor

I like Metal because it's the only genre that is really powerful enough for me. It's energetic and usually really massive in terms of production (lots of sounds and different instruments in the foreground/background). That alone makes it really enjoyable. Also because it's mostly fast-paced and not slow. I don't know. I think fast music is more excessive and therefore pleasures my ears more. Great and catchy rhythms conveyed through thick riffages and drum patterns resonate through my ear better.
18.04.2012 - 13:49
Caliburn

Metal music diff from the other musics.İt has a Spirit.İ love my Horns.Cheerrzz guyz.:beer:
16.05.2012 - 22:59
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
What was once stagnant becomes somewhat cleansed, or something
----
13.01.2013 - 22:57
Capt. Fluntas

Well there are very many reasons, but one that's pretty important to me is how it sounds (duh ). Like, if there's a guitar laying around, I will pick it up and turn all the settings on to make it sound as heavy as possible Other people like playing soft ballads on acoustic guitars or just normal rock songs, but for me it's all about that heavy sound, there's something so awesome about it.
----
Life is one big meme.
14.01.2013 - 02:47
Patrick.

Melodic Metal as music and art touches me emotionally and mentally in a way no other genre has ever come close to. Fat distorted guitars, powerful vocals, intellectual/emotional lyrics, pounding drums, thundering bass, majestic choirs, spacey keyboards, sweeping symphonics, ambitious songwriting/composition, etc... This is why I love Metal.
14.01.2013 - 10:40
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
* Metal is a very diverse genre, you'll always find something new to listen to
* Metal is powerful. Awesome melodies and intense growling, where else to find this than in metal?
* Metalheads are in general very, very kind and awesome people.
* Metalfestivals is the shit!
* A lot of metalmusic does have lots of emotions, and lots of the bands have really good lyrics
14.01.2013 - 10:50
Zombie94

Written by lordchadi on 25.01.2012 at 03:02

5- metal is a brotherhood " not any other genre of music have the same even the rap , the rapper hate each others "

Have you ever looked at the comments on Youtube videos for metal? Or on other metal forums? It's just immature assholes arguing with each other about who has better taste, what's true/untrue metal etc. Not very brotherly in my opinion. (well maybe in the sense of brothers always fighting lol)

I agree that there is a special understanding between people who like heavy music, but they can also be pretty nasty to each other when it comes to the most minor things
14.01.2013 - 10:59
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Zombie94 on 14.01.2013 at 10:50

Written by lordchadi on 25.01.2012 at 03:02

Have you ever looked at the comments on Youtube videos for metal? Or on other metal forums? It's just immature assholes arguing with each other about who has better taste, what's true/untrue metal etc. Not very brotherly in my opinion. (well maybe in the sense of brothers always fighting lol)

I agree that there is a special understanding between people who like heavy music, but they can also be pretty nasty to each other when it comes to the most minor things

That's true, but also remember that it's Youtube you're talking about.. But yeah, people are definitively arguing about shit, no matter what kind of music it is.
14.01.2013 - 13:28
emily66012@

Metal moves me in a way that no other form of music does, it's a genre that covers a wide range of emotions and topics.
14.01.2013 - 14:51
triptych

Because it was the only alternative to sterile Motown in the 70s and it's still the only alt today to FOOLISH acts like Lady Gaga:):):)!!!
----
Wine, WOMEN and rock/metal:)
10.03.2013 - 00:56
skrog1

The energy, first and foremost. I get a rush from good metal.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
20.04.2013 - 20:05
Redn1ght
Captain Obvious
I just like the epic nature of metal in general and the fact that there's a variety in it. Another reason would be that its very fast music and great way to kill time when bored.