Metal Storm logo
Bullying in armed forces

Original post

Posted by Ernis, 25.08.2006 - 19:47
Happy thoughts again....you know it is usual that young boys go to armed forces where they become "men"....it is also usual, that sergeants and "tougher" soldiers like to bully and haze the younger ones...it is sorta like some kind of an iniciation ritual.....

Happy tale from Russia......

19-year old Andrey Sychev was beaten on new years eve 2005 for four hours by fellow "older" soldiers.....brothers in arms.....hallelujah!!
They beat him because it was the NEW YEARS EVE.....they just needed to party....and beating people is FUN!! At least they thought it was....

Sychev was not able to stand after the "party"...(what a dork).....
He received NO medical care until January the 4th 2006......
When he finally got to hospital he had already developed gangrene....

End of his tale....The doctors were forced to amputate BOTH his legs, his GENITALS and his finger......

Epilogue.....the armed forces asked the hospital to stay silent....one worker from the hospital decided to open his mouth.....and thus he informed the Soldier's Mothers Committee.....

This was the tale about how this young man finally became a man.....or did he?

Slainte...
08.10.2008 - 18:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by FOOCK Nam on 08.02.2008 at 11:34

And how many criminals during Soviet era in USSR? I mean how many since USSR was established and until its collaspe... There hasnt any statistic about that.

In USSR the crime rate was very limited...there were almost no homeless people and there were almost no criminals...the reason behind it was the high control of police (they were everywhere...the minus is that it's not very democratic as it seems but the plus is that the life was very safe...)
You could easily hitchhike to the far corners of South Russia, Georgia and further Caucasus (extremely dangerous regions nowadays) as lots of young people did back then without having to fear ending up gutted on a dead end highway....a thing that's entirely possible today....

After the collapse of Soviet Union, the police system has disappeared, there are homeless people everywhere (because the state doesn't provide lodging nor work to anyone any longer and also the idea of a "thin" state can basically be interpreted as "Wish to feel safe is each one's freedom to decide. If you wish to feel safe, hire private bodyguards!")

Also the army thing, especially in Russia has gone awfully out of control...that's sad but I hope they're gonna do something bout it....
In Estonia we have cases every week where people are beaten, stabbed, robbed...just by random people at the bars...the last case in the newspaper featured two youngsters beaten by ten scangers in front of a public bar....one of them managed to call police but the answer was "Not available atm, please leave message or try again later..."
At the emergency where they were taken they basically had to examine their own bodies for wounds because the medics didn't notice half of the injuries...after having waited for one and a half hours at the hospital reception....

And in Russia you may end up being pulled out of your vehicle during midday rush hour while waiting at the red light, gutted/shot/throat slitted....mafia is strong and both organised and non-organised crime are at high rate.....

Sorry for the offtopic...you just asked the question....but no, these problems didn't exist in USSR....they emerged after the collapse....
09.10.2008 - 09:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
yeah i can see there being military hazing. shit, the University of Wisconsin MARCHING BAND, not the football team the GODDAMN MARCHING BAND was suspended for a game and fined for hazing new members. so military hazing isnt that farfetched
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.10.2008 - 10:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damn I dunno where popst it but I tryed 2 pistols, Glock and Macarow in shooting renge
I hate soviet and russian guns because you made whit complaces in brains, no guns for people who use left hend for cleaning it , fuckingw hit Macarov whit right was hard and it stucks sometimes, all moves so hard and anoying
Glock was so fast and also I canchange hands (I shood whit right, but clean whit left) because it was made for boath hands, realy prefering to shoow was easy and fast, damn wanna try M-16 and AK-47 sesms I gonna deny AK-47 soon
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.10.2008 - 12:09
FOOCK Nam

@Hobbit Viggo: Your information is same as I think. A little bit off topic, but I still wonder a thing, between Soviet-era and current milieu of Estonia in particular, or also the Russian milieu today, which era/time do you prefer?
09.10.2008 - 13:07
Ernis
狼獾
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.10.2008 at 12:09

@Hobbit Viggo: Your information is same as I think. A little bit off topic, but I still wonder a thing, between Soviet-era and current milieu of Estonia in particular, or also the Russian milieu today, which era/time do you prefer?

Can't say exactly because I was really small during the USSR period (the bitter end of it....) when the life was indeed very difficult....it's definitely better at the moment but we are still developing and there are lots of improvements that need to be done but which have not been done....
And in all cases I'm glad because I don't have to think bout army any more.....