09. Lost
10. I'll Reach You
11. Nothing Left
12. Come Closer [limited edition bonus]
13. No Compliance [Charlotte version] [Japanese bonus]

Guest review by
Elodie Artour
Rating:
What started as a project, later became what we know today as Delain. Their debut album was more than welcome by the metal industry. Containing catchy songs and featuring plenty of guest appearances, Lucidity provided the band a great beginning of their career. In 2009, Delain returned with their second studio album April Rain, ready to enlarge their fanbase and establish themselves on the scene.

Read more ››
published 21.09.2010 | Comments (22)

Found in 15 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 417 users
19.09.2010 - 03:29
Lovecraft
Account deleted
For some reason, I prefer their debut.
22.09.2010 - 01:59
Rating: 9
Vonpire

Written by Guest on 19.09.2010 at 03:29

For some reason, I prefer their debut.

Make it two!
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
22.09.2010 - 11:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
You can't really compare the debut to this one. Here Delain are a band whereas on their debut it is like a project consisting of loads of musicians.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.09.2010 - 12:07
Rating: 9
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
IIRC when making the first album they wanted to be a studio-only band/project, with little if any live shows. When the sales of Lucidity showed success, they started touring.

Written by Irritable Ted on 19.09.2010 at 19:43

Both good albums, but better in the studio than live, they lack any power, mainly the vocals are weak.

They do sound better in studio, but I saw them last year (they were opening for Sonata Arctica) and the show was quite good, they made a really good atmosphere.

And I will also side with the people preferring the first album.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
10.02.2011 - 12:56
Viesturs

Realy good album
26.02.2011 - 00:58
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Not much progress in the songwriting area, which is a really big problem for me. It's a very bad idea to stick to one formula from the very first album and it sounds like they've made the songs even simpler this time around. The verse of half the songs is almost unbearably dull, it's like they didn't even bother writing. The verses are only there, because a song cannot be all sing-along catchy chorus. Too bad Delain, I hope you make a much better album next time. You've still got the potential and you've only released two albums thus far, the third time's the charm
25.06.2011 - 09:37
Rating: 7
SymphAlchemist

Nice album and catchy songs, but still too pop. No need to lose this pop side, but they lack a little weight IMO. But I like the songs anyway.

Stay Forever is vicious, I can listen thousands of times in a row, On The Other Side is definitely non-metal and Lost.... I am sure that they cribbed the incial guitar riffs from Old Man's Child's Crimson Meadows!! They're identical but slower... I realized it since the first listen 'cause it was the song I liked most from Slaves of the World.

I didn't know Delain had released two previous albums already! I will check them out right now.
23.07.2011 - 13:40
Rating: 6
SceneryOfLoss

I prefer the debut, this is not bad as well but the debut is better. Anyway Delain will never be one of my favourite bands.
25.10.2015 - 03:11
Rating: 6
abysss

Their debut album is the best thing they have done so far... Mostly all these new songs, with some exceptions, feel monotonous and therefore quite boring. Their music has definitely lost that organic feeling the debut album had, over the years. However this is probably their second best album.
04.05.2019 - 01:30
Rating: 8
SebaRaven36

Awesome some of my favorite Delain albums all their songs completely quality

Hits total: 12123 | This month: 17