09. Used To Be An Angel
10. We Are Horde
11. Dear Diary
12. Victory [digipack bonus]

Staff review by
Susan
Rating:
N/A
Magica has always been a solid band releasing solid albums and Dark Diary is no exception, in fact it's a huge step forward for the band. They'll probably never top any charts or release anything ground breaking, but I find myself enjoying their albums often enough. Dark Diary is by far their heaviest release yet and would be most appreciated by fans of power metal with fantasy lyrics belted out by a nice female voice.

Read more ››
published 24.09.2010 | Comments (7)

Guest review by
Tristus Scriptor
Rating:
I have a soft spot for frilly, other-worldly, majestic, symphonic metal (especially the female-fronted kind), adding bonus points if it has a good grasp of the genre's power metal roots. That is not what this album is. Did I just lie? Yes. To some listeners' ears it is exactly that description, but to me; it is not entirely composed of these expected (and attempted) aspects. To me, this album is an exciting exercise in piecing together impressive elements to give birth to a confusing contradiction. All the components of a screamingly fun ride are there for the taking, yet the twists and turns have not been placed in the right spots to ensure the optimum amusement. So, having said this, I sure don't feel like a liar.

Read more ››
published 29.04.2012 | Comments (0)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 91 users
24.09.2010 - 22:54
Rating: 10
Dominus
The Shooter
Fantastic!!

Hits total: 7271 | This month: 7