Top lists

Comments

Comments: 14   Visited by: 261 users
28.09.2010 - 19:25
Rating: 8
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Just bought this today!

There are some really awesome songs on here. A small amount of filler too, but the great songs are some of Halford's best songs. "The Mower" is the only modern sounding track on the album, it could have been on "Crucible". Most of the other songs are throughly old school heavy metal. And very melodic in places. After just playing the amazing game Red Dead Redemption, the western tinged metal blast of "Till The Day I Die" seems to fit right in with that, and is one of the highlights for me. Another highlight is "Hell Razor" which sounds like 70's Priest with a modern production, like something off "Stained Class". Its great to have the metal god back! xD
29.09.2010 - 03:02
Rating: 7
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.09.2010 at 19:25

After just playing the amazing game Red Dead Redemption, the western tinged metal blast of "Till The Day I Die" seems to fit right in with that, and is one of the highlights for me.

Hehe, yeah very good song
29.09.2010 - 05:48
Rating: 6
Derwood

Written by Angelic Storm on 28.09.2010 at 19:25

There are some really awesome songs on here.

You mean it's not all as atrocious as "Made of Metal?" That track had me very, very worried that this would be another Turbo. Maybe I will check it out after all.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
29.09.2010 - 06:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Derwood on 29.09.2010 at 05:48
You mean it's not all as atrocious as "Made of Metal?" That track had me very, very worried that this would be another Turbo. Maybe I will check it out after all.

I was hoping that song would be one of the weakest on the album, and fortunately, that's what it is. it is very different to his first two solo albums though. Its a lot more melodic. "The Mower" is without doubt the heaviest track on it.
29.09.2010 - 15:53
Dominus
The Shooter
His voice is immortal
04.10.2010 - 01:31
Derwood

Now that I've had a chance to hear the whole thing, I have to say that it's a pretty weak album with only a couple good tracks and a whole lot of cheese. Rob shouldn't write love songs. He's not good at it. There are at least three of them on here.

I'm torn as to whether "Undisputed" or "Made of Metal" is the worst track on the album. The combination of extremely catchy melody for the chorus and the cheesiest lyrics possible (bad cheesy, not fun cheesy) is a truly vile one, and Halford does it to the listener twice on this one. "Matador" is almost as bad as these two.

That being said, the songs that are good are really good. "Till the Day I Die" is my favourite on the album and Angelic Storm is right about "Hell Razor" sounding like a lost track from Stained Class. I also enjoy "Twenty-five Years;" it features one of the most heartfelt vocal performances I've heard from Rob Halford in a very long time.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
16.11.2010 - 00:05
un4givendemon

Agreed. Till the Day I Die is perhaps the best track on the album. There are some other highlights though. Fairly good album from the Metal God.
18.11.2011 - 20:07
Rating: 10
xlakra

Great album!! Completely underrated.

Only the song "The Mower" doesn't worth the rest.
Difficult to choise but my favorites could be: "Fire And Ice", "Like There's No Tomorrow", "Till the Day I Die", "We Own The Night", and "Twenty-Five Years"
30.01.2012 - 14:55
Rating: 9
Nite

Written by xlakra on 18.11.2011 at 20:07

Great album!! Completely underrated.

Only the song "The Mower" doesn't worth the rest.
Difficult to choise but my favorites could be: "Fire And Ice", "Like There's No Tomorrow", "Till the Day I Die", "We Own The Night", and "Twenty-Five Years"

I agree. It's no Resurrection but it still an awesome album.
24.03.2012 - 21:57
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Easily Halford's best studio album to date!
"Till The Day I Die" has a superb western/blues sound to it.
31.07.2016 - 13:53
musicalkaratekid

Mostly underwhelming album to be honest, but it does have its strong moments, namely "Undisputed", "Speed of Sound" and "Heartless". You can tell by this point though that Halford's vocals were beginning to sound weaker than we're used to.
26.10.2017 - 19:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I would say this is best RH solo album, I hear 80's pop elements, rock n roll and blues varasions into this, really great, his best solo!
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.02.2019 - 23:12
Rating: 9
Mountain King
K i K o
I pretty much enjoyed this album. It has great songs and almost no filler at all.
30.09.2023 - 10:56
Rating: 5
majormalfunction

Sadly I don't enjoy the majority of this album. Undisputed and We Own the Night are the only songs that stands IMO. The production lacks punch and sharpness and most of the songs feels like a empty shell.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands

Hits total: 9210 | This month: 46