Metal Storm logo
Anal Cunt interview (09/2010)

With: Seth Putnam
Conducted by: jupitreas (e-mail)
Published: 30.09.2010

Band profile:

Anal Cunt

Liked by few, hated by most, entertaining to all - Seth Putnam and his Anal Cunt have the sort of notoriety that many a black metal musician can only dream about. Nevertheless, Seth's been a little quiet recently so we decided to find out whats up with him. Here's a short interview with Seth, transcribed for us by Dan of Patac Records.

jupitreas: Hows your health? Do you still suffer from the effects of your coma?
Seth: I'd say I'm 90% better, my balance is unsteady at times, but my health and attitude has been the best shape ever. Doing some exercises and stuff..

j: Are you surprised you're still alive? Do you still drink and take drugs?
S: Yes of course! To both.

j: What do you do all day?
S: Some days I practice, with the different bands I'm in, somedays I get loaded, somedays I do both.

j: Do you still hate everybody or are you more gentle in your old age?
S: Slightly gentler I guess, but I still hate tons of people.

j: What is the real Seth Putnam like? Do you offend and beat people up or are you fun to hang out with?
S: The older Seth Putnam used to be the BIGGEST asshjole in the world, more recently, people seem to enjoy me more, probably since the coma.

j: Anal Cunt and your other projects are all pretty unfriendly and I can't imagine you're selling a lot of albums. How do you earn money to live?
S: Since the coma, i get disability from the government, I'm married and my wife has a good job.

Here's Seth's wife, click on the thumbnail if you really need to see the full NSFW version.

j: Do you think "Fuckin A" will sell well because its a funny album?
S: I think it's a kickass heavy metal record, that's why it will sell well, not because it's funny. It will stand out because nobody else is doing anything like it.

j: You claim to offer "professional services" on the Wicked Sick Records website. What does that entail?
S: I give guitar lessons, produce records, vocal lessons, blah blah blah

j: Can you write a hateful song about something if I pay you?
S: Sure, there's actually a record coming out soon, if you give me a $100 and a song title, I'll write lyrics and music and ill give you like five copies of the record.

j: What the fuck is up with your future releases? You should update your website more often. Will "Wearing Out Our Welcome" ever be released?
S: WOOW should be out later this year on limited appeal records, it just needs to be mastered. The website's fucked up because I lost the computer program I was using, it will be fixed eventually though.

j: What about your other projects? What should we look forward to hearing?
S: Full Blown AIDS has a 2LP set coming out in a month or two, I'm doing a 4 record set called "The Worst Of Seth Putnam" which will feature unheard bands and songs i've written since 84.

j: Will you tour Europe anytime soon?
S: Sometime between january and march, we will be doing a ten date tour, no details yet.

j: Were you ever inspired by noise and noise rock like Merzbow, Big Black and shit like that?
S: Never. Anal Cunt isn't influenced by anything, except bands previous that have the same sound, mostly stuff that was never released.

j: Say a few things about these bands if you know of them:
Brutal Truth

S: Friends of mine, good guys. I dont think the music's all that great.

Down
S: They're friends of mine, but I think they're extremely boring.

Napalm Death
S: I used to make fun of them all the time, now we get along, we toured with them in 2004 and had an awesome time together.

Deicide
S: I dont know them personally, but I think they're boring.

Boyd Rice/NON
S: Yawn.

Cephalic Carnage
S: One of the worst bands Ive ever seen live. I saw them in SF, the singer said "I guess noone in SF smokes pot" what the fuck, Grateful Dead and Jefferson Airplane are from there, you fucking retard, I hate bands that say things to get fan reactions :: Seth mimics the singer and talks nonsense like a retard and throws the word weed in between the nonsense:: I think they sound like a cross between Richard Simmons and a chain of gay bars.

Shining
S: Never heard of them.

j: Is there anything else you wanna communicate to the world or to the people who read this website?
S: 2011 will be a big year, FUCKIN A and WOOW will be out, tour, Relapse will be reissuing a 2 cd set from 88-91 including unheard material that I have never played to anyone. Buy everything.

Posted on 30.09.2010 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 48   Visited by: 498 users
30.09.2010 - 17:47
MeTalRea|istiK
Idiot!!
30.09.2010 - 18:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by MeTalRea|istiK on 30.09.2010 at 17:47

Idiot!!

Thank you, you saved me the bother of having to say that.
30.09.2010 - 19:42
FOOCK Nam
Lol I like this guy and the Jupitreas manner of interview is not bad
30.09.2010 - 20:01
DIO Is God
Account deleted
Lol, this guy's awesome! The music's awesome, too.
30.09.2010 - 21:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hahahah buy everything

music ain't for me but he is fucking funny
30.09.2010 - 21:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Omfg at the wife pic... I mean... Holy shit that guy is brutal hahahahahahahaha
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.09.2010 - 23:47
Hamird
Lieutenant
He's a nice man and he deserved such a responsible wife...
And talking about Cephalic Carnage shows that he's still got the potential to piss off people... It's an art anyway.
Nice interview by the way.
30.09.2010 - 23:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
If pissing people off is an "art", then more than half the world are up there with Leonardo Da Vinci and Chuck Schuldiner.

And I really wish I hadnt clicked on that pic. Ewwww... lol
01.10.2010 - 00:43
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.10.2010 at 00:20

"I'm married and my wife has a good job..." x]

yes, apparently a blow one
01.10.2010 - 02:00
Hamird
Lieutenant
I was wondering the same thing.. I wanted to ask if prostitutes are well paid there or what.. That they can live with the money earned by his wife
01.10.2010 - 03:35
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Seth is such a fucked up individual...fucking disgusting picture, wish I never saw that one...he's such a self-important fuckup asshole...good interview nonetheless...I DO listen to Anal Cunt though here and there...even though hes an arse, Anal Cunt is decent here and there...hopefully some of his material coming out in 2011 will be reminiscent of some of the 90s A.C that I used to rock on the stereo...calls Deicide boring eh? They have a fucking lot more skill in the hair follicles on their testicles than he will ever have in his entire being...
01.10.2010 - 10:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Quote:
j: Can you write a hateful song about something if I pay you?
S: Sure, there's actually a record coming out soon, if you give me a $100 and a song title, I'll write lyrics and music and ill give you like five copies of the record.

Easily the best part of the interview. This guy cracks me up.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.10.2010 - 16:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.09.2010 at 23:53

If pissing people off is an "art", then more than half the world are up there with Leonardo Da Vinci and Chuck Schuldiner.

You read Kam Lee's interview for Voices From The Dark Side?

Anyway, it seems that Seth doesn't really care about what's going on (especially the interview), so it's a bit dry, but some fine bits.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.10.2010 - 19:56
bluegreengod
Account deleted
I love the pic of his wife. Now THAT is a great way to start the day off!
02.10.2010 - 01:12
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Lol, Genious. Great interview.

What an approach, there is probably no other way to deal with him succesfully
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.10.2010 - 04:07
Got Mayhem?
What a hero.
----
03.10.2010 - 00:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
LOL best pic in MS so far and his leg tatto looks like Panathinaikos LOL
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.10.2010 - 00:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
OK coma, anybody of you can tell me what hepened, hwo eh gets there?

Angelic yes pissing ppl of is an art, I can do it well, if you need piss someone off buy me a beer or whisky, give his her name I will do it ok yes + 20 pounds

Array I sugest you watch Canal+ hits or action at 0:00 or 1:00 your time at night you will see how her wife earns money, blowing and sucking

Kap no pic was funny wanna see it how you can inject heroin and cum same time

Interwiew was good, short ansvers, but I cants ay much since I never listen band, dont like it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.10.2010 - 01:46
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I respect him. That's all I can really say.

Except for the fact that I never really considered AC a Metal band.
04.10.2010 - 09:21
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I'm disappointed by this review. I was expecting his answers to be a bit more eccentric.
04.10.2010 - 12:52
MeTalRea|istiK
He's an idiot..that's what he is..
05.10.2010 - 02:15
..ExoTeaR..
What a fat disgusting human.

Good to see hes got a healthy supply of hammer and a wife that gives head tho, Sombodys got to live it I spose.

The only thing i would change is i would be smoking up big fat bowl of Ice and recieveing a head job <, playing guitar on downers sucks arse.
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
05.10.2010 - 04:18
advent
I think that the pic of his wife could tell us what a good job she has !!!!!

Disgusting.
05.10.2010 - 10:30
Aetherius
Didnt know what i was getting into when i clicked the picture, should have read the mouse type! harhar. Entertaining read!
05.10.2010 - 15:57
MeTalRea|istiK
S: Since the coma, i get disability from the government, I'm married and my wife has a good job.

it means his wife has a good blow job!!
05.10.2010 - 18:35
The Technogoat
The Technogoat
It's times like this that I'm glad I work from home. *Clicks pic again and is aghast...again*

Fun interview style, seemed to suit his slightly "erratic" character.
----
Human, all too fucking human.
06.10.2010 - 21:14
Murder
J: Were you ever inspired by noise and noise rock like Merzbow, Big Black and shit like that?
S: Never. Anal Cunt isn't influenced by anything, except bands previous that have the same sound, mostly stuff that was never released.

LOL?...
07.10.2010 - 05:51
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.10.2010 at 20:56

Written by Guest on 01.10.2010 at 03:35

Seth is such a fucked up individual...fucking disgusting picture, wish I never saw that one...he's such a self-important fuckup asshole...good interview nonetheless...I DO listen to Anal Cunt though here and there...even though hes an arse, Anal Cunt is decent here and there...hopefully some of his material coming out in 2011 will be reminiscent of some of the 90s A.C that I used to rock on the stereo...calls Deicide boring eh? They have a fucking lot more skill in the hair follicles on their testicles than he will ever have in his entire being...

Agreed, He is retarded!

Agreed.
08.10.2010 - 15:03
@gent_-_orange
Written by Bad English on 03.10.2010 at 00:36

OK coma, anybody of you can tell me what hepened, hwo eh gets there?

Angelic yes pissing ppl of is an art, I can do it well, if you need piss someone off buy me a beer or whisky, give his her name I will do it ok yes + 20 pounds

Can you come to england soon i have plenty of beer and a long list of people
13.10.2010 - 11:48
BudDa
elite
This is funny and sad at the same time...
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 27959 | This month: 63