06. Adamantium
07. Dies Irae Pt. 1
08. Warrior's Anthem
09. Epilogue

Folk metal
Recorded: Armoury Studios, Canada 2009
Unsigned/Self-released
Total Running Time: 41:18

Throwing a party will never be the same again. The Scythia disc should be an elementary piece in everyone's collection as of now! Suitable for almost every occasion; from a fancy wine and cigar party, to one of your legendary cocktail nights, to a simple poker night with your pals, Scythia is the mandatory stuff. In fact, I can't even imagine doing without anymore. Sure thing, the Scythia album is the best beer mat I've ever had.

Here's about every reason why folk metal is so damn hard to take seriously these days. I mean, come the fuck on, now that the happy-little-boozer folk metal fad seems to have blown over, one would expect that only the bands with a clear distinct panache would return to reclaim the throne, right?

Not on Scythia's sundial.

Scythia's tale is a tragic one, really. It begins with the high degree of structural inconsistency that lingers in each and every song. Unfortunately any sense for cohesive songwriting goes out the window from the start. What's left is a sad patch-up of cheap looking tunes and riffs with the constant weeping of a molested violin. Is this music supposed to be irregular and primitive as can be, or are we dealing with a terribly failed attempt at coming across as profound and progressive? Either way this couldn't get any worse.

It gets worse. Don't know what happened with that vocalist, but he's either paid in Underoath t-shirts, trying too hard or simply not hard enough. Either way, this stuff is clearly not meant for people with well functioning ears.

Folk metal dorks of the highest order with a strong stomach can sound the feasting horn. Everyone else is in for an excruciatingly painful ride to an already lost battle... Scythia beer mats. Order now and take a drink!

Written by Thryce | 02.10.2010

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 108 users
02.10.2010 - 18:15
csiga
Munin
I listening the myspace right now, and this music souds like a mix of cruachan and alestorm
----

i survived the lake bodom!
02.10.2010 - 23:11
Thrasher Hungary

I'm so interested!
03.10.2010 - 03:50
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Damn you! After the first sentence i thought this would be a great release. Fuckin sarcasm man...
05.10.2010 - 21:59
Edmund Fogg

This is a recommendation for the album of the year I take haha
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan

Hits total: 3722 | This month: 7