Metal Storm logo
The Morningside

04.10.2010 - 08:23
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Fortunately, stumbled upon this band awhile ago and am just now getting the chance to hear their debut full-length-- and WOW! Some very competent, if unoriginal melodic doom/death or death/doom (whichever you prefer) in the vein of Agalloch/Katatonia albeit a more doomish Agalloch (personally, I can't wrap my head around them being doom in any sense).

The Russians sure can crank out the melancholy when they want to - must be the vodka.

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/themorningsidemusic
04.10.2010 - 11:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band,e xelent work from Russians, I hardly remeber this band, since ts fiew times I lsiten it , but I know they are good, there no need comment to Rus doom, its exelent and more underground and lil beck in time what makes it diference
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.10.2010 - 20:02
InnerSelf
proofread free
+1
Great band , their debut is impressive and I liked it more than the follow-up
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
03.08.2012 - 09:41
Hylia

Great, great band, and so underrated. I looked on ebay and lots of their cds are pretty cheap on their, you can get their discography for like less than fifty. Im thinking of ordering it, because they are that good. I can see how people often make the connection between them and Agalloch so thats why I'm surprised they aren't more popular.
03.08.2012 - 13:51
Abattoir

Written by Hylia on 03.08.2012 at 09:41

I can see how people often make the connection between them and Agalloch so thats why I'm surprised they aren't more popular.

Don't get the false impression too soon, but there are quite some differences between these two bands. Sure Agalloch are more recognizable, but I definitely wouldn't put them both on the same pile.