Top 20 albums of 2013: 9
Featured in "Getting Into: Summoning"

Additional info
Release dates:
- ESP/SWE/NOR: 05.06.2013
- G/A/S, FIN & Benelux: 07.06.2013
- Europe: 10.06.2013
- USA/Canada: 11.06.2013

Recorded and mixed at Nachtschattenstudio by Protector.

Booklet layout and concept: Silenius and Protector.

Staff review by
Auntie Sahar
Rating:
Rejoice, my metal brethren and fellow LOTR enthusiasts! Earendil has persuaded the Valar with his Silmaril to make war upon Morgoth for the sake of Middle Earth, casting him beyond the Door Of Night into The Void for all eternity (yeah, that was added in there for the nerds like myself that've actually read The Silmarillion). Tolkien references aside, Summoning's new album, no doubt one of the most anticipated releases of the year, is finally upon us, and from the very first moments of its music the band make it quite clear that the 7 years of waiting since Oath Bound back in '06 have been well worth it for 2013's Old Mornings Dawn.

Read more ››
published 01.05.2013 | Comments (68)

Found in 65 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 206   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 1930 users
04.10.2010 - 17:55
Irinel

Waiting for this one !
04.10.2010 - 22:42
Rating: 8
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But i am afraid we will be waiting long...or any new info?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.10.2010 - 06:10
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Looking forward to it!
07.10.2010 - 10:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Me too, but it must be year when i first heard rumor about summoning making new album...then this spring i have read an update, that Protector has the songs ready, but waiting for Silenius to finish his duties in other bands (Kreuzwerg Ost and Amestigon)...since then again nothing...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.10.2010 - 05:41
Dark Seraphim

I'm expecting something great here. The Summoning have always produced great albums so I've got high hopes.
07.11.2010 - 05:21
Sulac

I have to collect everything else by them... But I'm anticipating this greatly. Hope it's still a 2010 release.
08.02.2011 - 01:24
Exzentriker
Account deleted
It has been a while since a good album came out in this genre ,
Gravelands last album was ok , but nothing special,
Burzums last album was also ok , at last no cheap aim on copying themselves,
Falkenbachs new album gotta be a joke,
Summoning is my last hope , every album they released was great til now , I hope that wont change..................
12.04.2011 - 19:27
worm_is_gloaming

June is only couple months away. Anyone know where this 'June' release info comes from? This better be right. Summoning has been silent for too long.
10.05.2011 - 11:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
This album isn't gonna happen. It's not "Time" but it's been in question for years. It's not gonna happen this year.

All praises due if it does. That just proves that Summoning is more reliable than Wintersun, and dare I say, better and more respectable.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.06.2011 - 14:47
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yea, where the f*ck is it now. Come on Summoning, it's been 5 years since the last album, give us smth more. With all do respect to their every release which I still enjoy very much (as a matter of fact I just put on Minas Morgul) I sure wouldn't mind yet another ambiental, epic, hauting summoningish BM album. But as LeChron James said, it probably ain't gonna happen.... But we can always hope...
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.06.2011 - 23:09
VPeter

Written by AnGina-- on 16.06.2011 at 14:47

Yea, where the f*ck is it now. Come on Summoning, it's been 5 years since the last album, give us smth more. With all do respect to their every release which I still enjoy very much (as a matter of fact I just put on Minas Morgul) I sure wouldn't mind yet another ambiental, epic, hauting summoningish BM album. But as LeChron James said, it probably ain't gonna happen.... But we can always hope...

Things are quite grim. Summoning was supposed to start making a new album when Kreuzweg Ost finished their album, that Kreuzweg album was supposed to come out last year... It's still not out. no word about it to. I wonder if there is an inner conflict going on.
29.07.2011 - 03:37
Lokaeda
Account deleted
"2 have it" lol
29.07.2011 - 03:41
RavenKing

I wonder when this next Summoning album will be released. It takes forever. I even start to wonder if it will ever see the light of day (I hope it will).
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
24.08.2011 - 14:57
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 29.07.2011 at 03:37

"2 have it" lol

02.10.2011 - 02:35
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
It's a bad omen when the last news update on their site is from June 2010...
02.10.2011 - 02:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcus on 02.10.2011 at 02:35

It won't be released until mid-2012 at the earliest (if ever), let's be honest.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.10.2011 - 02:49
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.10.2011 at 02:39

Written by Marcus on 02.10.2011 at 02:35

I think that's an incredibly fair statement, but I still see it definitely being released at some point (probably?)
02.10.2011 - 19:23
RavenKing

I have no clue what is happening with Summoning but the wait is abnormally long, imo.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
08.10.2011 - 22:59
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.10.2011 at 02:39

I hate this statement, but it's true. 3 months till the end of the year (even less), and no news. Looks bad. No news on their official site, no news on Napalm Records....
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
08.10.2011 - 23:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AnGina-- on 08.10.2011 at 22:59
No news on their official site, no news on Napalm Records...

In this case, no news is bad news. Shitty news, really.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.10.2011 - 23:08
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Yea, looks like the worl'd really gonna end before we hear this one....
----
05.04.2012 - 01:11
hexmoth

Hope to hear one other STRONGHOLD once more
cheers
16.05.2012 - 00:03
Rating: 10
ravendeath

Silenius revealed some things about the new album here: http://terrarelicta.com/index.php/feature-all/interviews/172-kreuzweg-ost-interview
16.05.2012 - 18:48
Vombatus
Potorro
So, this will have to wait till 2013 it seems...

The fact they make something similar to Passing of The Grey Company or Khazad Dum makes it very promising, I'm a big fan of that kind of structure with cheesy-keyboard-driven building up.
20.05.2012 - 23:34
elven

"Silenius: We hope that we could finish the work for the new album until the end of this year, so that it could be released in the first part of 2013. But of course we take all time we need to get a satisfying result."
05.08.2012 - 09:43
RezaCannibal

I wan It! \\nn//
23.11.2012 - 16:23
garmling
Account deleted
From official site: "This month Protector will record the guitars for the new album while Silenius is working on the lyrical concept.

As soon as possible Napalm Records will put a one minute trailer to advertise the new CD on the their homepage, that hopefully will happen around December."

looks like we're going to get the taste of it very soon
03.01.2013 - 21:03
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Is this.... actually.... happening.... ? Oh the tears of joy!!!!!!
----
06.01.2013 - 02:17
?apleee
Mouthcrab
Definitely my most anticipated album of 2013.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
15.01.2013 - 20:26
Rating: 9
Cronomaster

What... December !? I've heard this one's coming on current quarter... It seems that I was wrong.

Hits total: 61409 | This month: 74