Metal Storm logo
In Extremo

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 27.08.2006 - 07:03
i cant believe no one made a topic on these guys..yet

anyways, i'm sort of new with the band. although i have known about em for maybe a year or so, but i never really gave em a chance until i found Youtube.com. and so far, i can say that i am really impressed. i love their rhythm guitar...though basic, it sounds cool

how about you? like em? hate em? think they look like lil smurfs jumping on stage with funny outfits? yeah..well
17.06.2009 - 07:58
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.08.2008 at 19:19

@Tir Na Nog: Not even close. Michael Rhein is waaaay more skilled than Till.

I'm agree when you say they're not even close. But no way I can't accept that Rhein is more skilled than Lindemann.. I believe Lindemann has the best vocals through all German (those who sing in German) vocalists.
17.06.2009 - 19:00
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Hamird on 17.06.2009 at 07:58

I'm agree when you say they're not even close. But no way I can't accept that Rhein is more skilled than Lindemann.. I believe Lindemann has the best vocals through all German (those who sing in German) vocalists.

Till Lindeman always sound the same. Rhein has a wider vocal range. Not to mention he uses both sets vocal chords... And while Rammstein has become pretty lame, In extremo kicks more ass everyday.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.06.2009 - 19:41
GT
Coffee!!
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 17.06.2009 at 19:00

Till Lindeman always sound the same. Rhein has a wider vocal range. Not to mention he uses both sets vocal chords... And while Rammstein has become pretty lame, In extremo kicks more ass everyday.

Strongly disagree with the last part of your statement, but agree on the first part
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
17.06.2009 - 19:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast

hmm i wouldn't say he sounds the same, i'd say Till has 3 vocal slates he uses every time:
-soft Till (Ohne Dich, Stirb Nicht Vor Mir, the quiet bit in Feuer Frei)
-ominous/whispering Till (the intro of Mein Herz Brennt, the verses in Engel)
-angry Till(most of Feuer Frei, Asche zu Asche, Te Quiero Puta etc.)

but from what i've heard so far of In Extremo i like Till far more than the guy at IE, even though musically i think IE are pretty awesome, they have tons of insanely catchy bagpipe hooks and the rest of the music ain't bad at all
17.06.2009 - 21:07
Hamird
Lieutenant

Sometimes Rhein's vocals annoy the ears, I mean you say he has a wider vocals range, in fact it's sometimes out of range.. But Lindemann's is never like that. Lindemann has different styles, he can be romantic, he can be epic, he can be horrifying, he can be mockery and so one.. It's his power.
But if you're talking generally about In Extremo and Rammstein, I would say the same. Because Rammstein's music was fantastic (which has came down in their latest albums), but In Extremo is just doing well.. And I think they're the most unique band in the style above all other bands like Tanzwut, Saltatio Mortis, Subway to Sally and ect..
17.06.2009 - 21:30
VPeter

No, In extremo still suck a lot, back then and now to And are highly overrated.
17.06.2009 - 23:04
GT
Coffee!!
Written by VPeter on 17.06.2009 at 21:30

No, In extremo still suck a lot, back then and now to And are highly overrated.

No they don't and no they're not
----

18.06.2009 - 12:43
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Ok, I really love Rammstein and In Extremo, but how the hell can you compare Till and Michael? They are totally different and are both great in what they do. And honestly, Till has more diversity in his voice than 90% of all the metal singers
24.07.2009 - 09:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Although i in general like this genre, somehow i never liked In Extremo...kill me if i do know why...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.07.2009 - 19:36
Saitenhexerin

Oh I did not know them before I went to a concert. And it was absolutely great, although it was so cold lol
THe lyrics are quite easy to understand and so you are able to sing the second chorus along! And their stage presence is really good, they have an excellent show and make quite a bit of cool noise! I would absolutely recommend you to see one of their shows!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
27.07.2009 - 11:47
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Saitenhexerin on 26.07.2009 at 19:36

Oh I did not know them before I went to a concert. And it was absolutely great, although it was so cold lol
THe lyrics are quite easy to understand and so you are able to sing the second chorus along! And their stage presence is really good, they have an excellent show and make quite a bit of cool noise! I would absolutely recommend you to see one of their shows!

I now look even more forward to seeing them on Wacken. Have only seen them on DVD and that was awesome, so I bet they're even better "live for real"
----

06.04.2011 - 01:02
VPeter

Despite all the hate I gave this band, I start to like the band now. Probably because of all the typically German bands I have been checking out as of late.
26.04.2011 - 13:16
Grum

I've listened to Sterneneisen a few times and really liked it. Thought it was a nice mix of folk and industrial, but the vocalist's voice definitely takes some getting used to, and Viva la Vida still makes me cringe O_o Which album should I try next?