Metal Storm logo
Mandragora Scream

27.08.2006 - 18:08
Ernis
狼獾
There was an old topic dedicated to this band in the old forum....these days some people said that MScream was probably disbanded but a pleasant surprise is that they are active as hell....
This wondrous gothic band(with some power influences) from Italy has currently two buns in the oven.....they released(or are going to release) a new album called "Madhouse" and further more...another album called "Jeanne d'Arc" is soon to be released.....
21.09.2006 - 01:31
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
That's nice to know that their are not over, because I like them a lot. Their style and their vocals are unique and they create a very dark ambient in their songs. Both Fairy Tales From Hell's Caves and A Whisper of Dew are wonderful albums, with beautiful songs like Lactate Veins. I hope their new work will be as good as these two albums.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
21.09.2006 - 23:45
Ancestral Moon

I like them too, they've been part of my summer soundtrack this year...
I'm from Italy but didn'y know about this new album... when are they going to release it?
----
¸.?**?.¸*·I am following my fishie... because my fish knows where to go·*¸.?**?.¸
22.09.2006 - 21:33
Ernis
狼獾
They have a slightly changed lineup now...especially nice is the new basslady Lena....she is....beautiful....
They also switched Nuclear Blast with Lunatic Asylum records....Madhouse was released this year.....Jeanne d'Arc shall be released in December.......
http://www.mandragorascream.com/HomePage.asp
22.10.2006 - 11:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ancestral Moon on 21.09.2006 at 23:45

I like them too, they've been part of my summer soundtrack this year...
I'm from Italy but didn'y know about this new album... when are they going to release it?

From witch town thay are? Milano?
I like them, but not so much musicaly how lyricaly and I had hera some songs of them. Thay remaind me one Italian gothic band forgot name witch lyrics was in Italian, latin and englihs hmm maccbet or something, this band wont be my fav italian, (Pino Pino Superpino ) but i wont ignore this band too
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.10.2006 - 23:37
Ernis
狼獾
Macbeth is from Milan....but they mostly sing in english...only few songs use italian and spanish....but latin....I really cannot recall.....
But as I have read, MScream is from a place called Lucca....
23.10.2006 - 03:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 22.10.2006 at 23:37

Macbeth is from Milan....but they mostly sing in english...only few songs use italian and spanish....but latin....I really cannot recall.....
But as I have read, MScream is from a place called Lucca....

Luca are town in Toscana to west From Firenze to CAV and Fioslele and north west from Siena, Luca isnt famose town in Italy only famouse stuff there are San Martino catedral, its all what I know about Luca
about music I had read them lyrics and tehre was one more simmilar band in italy who ha sismmilar lyric type forgot name
----

apos;'
[image]
23.10.2006 - 06:13
Soliloquy

are they really metal? i remember having 2 of their REALLY long songs on my old computer. one of them had soemthing to do with water. there was either rain sound effects, or water fall. and then the other was this ambient music.

one track was over i think 16 minutes. and the other was around 8ish or soemthing. cant remember the vocals or anything....but i think i remembered liking the music
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
23.10.2006 - 12:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Soliloquy on 23.10.2006 at 06:13

are they really metal? i remember having 2 of their REALLY long songs on my old computer. one of them had soemthing to do with water. there was either rain sound effects, or water fall. and then the other was this ambient music.

one track was over i think 16 minutes. and the other was around 8ish or soemthing. cant remember the vocals or anything....but i think i remembered liking the music

But then dark/ambient, medieval music, neo clasical music(Eland, Amber Sun) are metal?
There are simjmilar sounds and simmilar melodies in some of them has some lyrics, but is it metal?
----

apos;'
[image]
23.10.2006 - 19:20
Soliloquy

Written by Bad English on 23.10.2006 at 12:42

Written by Soliloquy on 23.10.2006 at 06:13

But then dark/ambient, medieval music, neo clasical music(Eland, Amber Sun) are metal?
There are simjmilar sounds and simmilar melodies in some of them has some lyrics, but is it metal?

thats the thing. new classical, medieval and ambient metal bands have some metal in them. where as juding mandragora scream by the 2 songs, i wont say they are metal simply becuase they are just ambient music.

like, you cant really say that each and every musician out there is metal, let it be christina agulaira's new song that can be mistaken by some gothic balade, or whatever. but still...MScream...i dont knwo
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
23.10.2006 - 21:17
Ernis
狼獾
The long song that you heard....they have some...and they have used nature sound effects, rain, wind, screeching doors and things like that....also quotes from films that can be heard said by the actors themselves....The second album The Whisper of Dew uses scenes from LOTR, Liv Tyler, Viggo Mortensen speaking their lines in elvish....the sounds of the screaming ringwraiths....I wonder if they band pays copyright to the film makers....the album Madhouse uses Julia Roberts's line from her film "Flatliners"...I guess I am right.....

Otherwise MScream ARE metal......there are some songs that are ambient and atmospheric but they are still metal......in their third album they even use BMish vocals in the beginning of one song.....

and yes...classifying a band having heard only two songs is not a very certain thing to do......
23.10.2006 - 23:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Soliloquy - neoclasical, ambiemnt are simmilar how MS, tehre are simmilar elements of metal only we understand them diefernt, and MS are metal like those bands but its IMO
----

apos;'
[image]