Page 4 of 4

Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

15.03.2013 at 09:04
Written by Bad English on 15.03.2013 at 02:09

Written by R Lewis on 13.03.2013 at 21:46

Man the new Pope is damn swag

pfedopfyle

Oh my.....what on earth could that mean?!
----
Daniell
GlenDronach!

20.03.2013 at 12:28
It simply means that the poster is deranged.
----
Now loving:
Oranssi Pazuzu - Vino Verso
Fates Warning - And Yet It Moves
Death Angel - Territorial Instinct
Newsted - Nocturnus
K†ulu
Seeker of Truth

31.03.2013 at 22:53
Quote:
Written by K†ulu on 29.03.2013 at 10:29

By the way, I wonder what your faith is...

My faith is non-denominational Christian so I follow my own personal interpretation of Christianity, not what some priest or pastor tells me I should believe or follow lest I go to Hell for all eternity.

Written by psykometal on 31.03.2013 at 09:32

Written by Edmund Fogg on 31.03.2013 at 06:59

Isn't that agnostic rather then full blown christianity?

Sort of. Straight agnosticism is when you're not sure of what to believe and you acknowledge that there may or may not be something out there in the form of a higher power and therefore don't really conform or claim to worship/follow any specific deity or religion. What you're referring to is agnostic theism in which one believes in something (whether it be a single deity or multiple deities depends on the person in question) but still isn't entirely sure what to believe about that deity or deities and how that deity or deities actually operates.

I guess you could say I'm an agnostic [theistic] Christian because I do believe in God and Christ but I'm not entirely sure what to believe with regards to how God actually is and I prefer not to assume he is the "stringent asshole" that a lot of Christians can make him out to be. I have always found it odd and ridiculous that a lot of Christians say he is a forgiving God but then turn around and say that God will damn people like me who choose to have premarital sex and curse/swear to Hell for all eternity for our sins. I prefer to think that God will look at the sum of a person's actions as a whole throughout their lives and pass judgement based on our actions as a whole rather than just damning us to Hell because you made a few bad/poor choices in life.

Judging by the descriptions above, it is no big deal to conclude that you do not believe in Christianity. You talk about "interpretation of Christianity" and what you "prefer to think" about God. Christianity is believing that Christ died for you sins, accepting his sacrifice personally, building a relationship with Him while obeying his commandments, and staying loyal to the end (death).

As far as pastors or priests, they are instruments in God's hands to lead churches and educate people in the dogmas of Christianity, but also to inspire and support. They are not there to tell you will go to Hell. Also a church of people is needed for Christians to share their faith, their hardships, testimonies, and again inspire others. It is a place of common prayer, where the Holy Spirit acts in a special way "For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I [Christ] among them." In other words, it is impossible to be a Christian without a (local) church, and it is only normal to have such a community. You love metal, that is why hang around on Metal Storm and other fellow metalheads. You love God, you go hang out with other people who love God.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
BlessedMetal

13.11.2013 at 14:59
Why he is not a christian?
He is saying that he believes in Christ, okay not in a church.
But there are many christians who dont suppor the actions of a church, i can understand that because of the history.

And second God is judging the hearts of ours not the people here

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Login or register to post here.