Metal Storm logo
Favourite vampire movie

Original post

Posted by , 27.08.2006 - 19:16
Ok, this is a simple thread just made for fun! well not exactly... I love vampire movies but I must admit most of them really sucks... I wanna see good vampire movies and I need recommendations, so my question is simple: Which is your favourite vampire movie and why...
19.07.2007 - 03:26
KlownvonnomaD

Yea a few people already mentioned it, but "Shadow of the Vampire" was awesome, and I'm not exactly a huge fan of vampire flicks.
"Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" was also very good. The first one "Vampire Hunter D" wasn't all that I thought it was pretty poor.
----
Minutes seem like days
Since fires ruled the sky
The rich became the beggars
And fools became the wise
Memories linger in my brain
Burning from the acid rain
A pain I never have won
19.07.2007 - 19:32
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Either the original Bram Stroker's Dracula, or John Carpenter's Vampires.
11.08.2007 - 04:08
In Chaos

vampire movies are cool, my favorites are Blade, Underworld and Vampire Hunter D.
But one thing I like more than these movies is the TV series "Angel"
12.08.2007 - 00:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Blade one of cheesest and cheepest vampire movies what I ever seen,s ame From Dust Till Down, but Dust Till Down are soem kind of magic and artistic, because soemhow its comedy
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.09.2007 - 06:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bad English on 12.08.2007 at 00:50

Blade one of cheesest and cheepest vampire movies what I ever seen.

Amen to that. Blade saga is fun, but it's not really good. I mean, c'mon, garlic? Silver? Vampires protecting from teh sun with sunblock? Pfffft.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
04.09.2007 - 17:42
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
The original vampire hunter D one of the first animes I saw and one of the best ones I have seen to date, is undisputedly the best vampire movie I have ever seen.
05.09.2007 - 00:41
MadGatsu

Written by Guest on 04.09.2007 at 17:42

The original vampire hunter D one of the first animes I saw and one of the best ones I have seen to date, is undisputedly the best vampire movie I have ever seen.

*agrees* \m/
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
06.09.2007 - 01:28
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by MadGatsu on 05.09.2007 at 00:41

Written by Guest on 04.09.2007 at 17:42

*agrees* \m/

*disagrees* I'm afraid I have to disagree here. The sequel, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is way better than the first one, IMO.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.09.2007 - 22:57
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Has anyone here ever seen 'fearless vampire killers'? It is honestly the BEST vampire movie I've ever watched, and it's some sort of comedy but still, it's just awesome. I laughed so hard I had a nosebleed.
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
07.09.2007 - 17:38
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
Yeah actually it was a pretty good movie, but I know it as dance of the vampires. "Who says vampires are no laughing matter?" lol
16.09.2007 - 22:45
Remus

Written by Guest on 24.05.2007 at 20:14

I would say Underworld and Van Hellsing they are the best ever

I strongly dissagree. I found "Van Hellsing" to be one of the most dire movies of all time. Totally insipid, awfull story-line, Draculla is so strong against normal mortals but against Van-Hellsing he appears weaker - why, Van - Hellsing han no super-natural powers! The movie supposedly takes place in Romania but not a single word spoken in Romanian throught the movie. Not even the super-hottness Kate could save this from being a totall stinker!

Underworld was pretty good though, especially #2.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
17.09.2007 - 12:30
MadGatsu

Written by Linak on 06.09.2007 at 22:57

Has anyone here ever seen 'fearless vampire killers'? It is honestly the BEST vampire movie I've ever watched, and it's some sort of comedy but still, it's just awesome. I laughed so hard I had a nosebleed.

Because of what u sugested here i download it. Going to watch it today in the afternoon or something. Ill give some feedback

EDIT: I have now watched the movie and it was only worth watching for a good laugh. :\ I dont think that can be the "best vampire movie ever". lol Even in comedy, u have better than that. "Dracula: dead and loving it" with Leslie Nielson.
----
17.09.2007 - 18:44
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Dracula: dead and loving it is one of the worsE vampire movies I've ever watched, it was painful to sit through half of it honestly, I can't believe you don't think 'fearless vampire killers' kicked ass!
----
17.09.2007 - 20:42
MadGatsu

Written by Linak on 17.09.2007 at 18:44

Dracula: dead and loving it is one of the worsE vampire movies I've ever watched, it was painful to sit through half of it honestly, I can't believe you don't think 'fearless vampire killers' kicked ass!

Me and everyone i know that watched Dracula: Dead and Loving It loved it (i mean, maybe some didnt "love" it, but at least they enjoyed it as COMEDY movie). And until now i had never even heard of the Fearless Vampire Killers movie.. and now i know why. Really...that was only good to remember "how easily people got scared back then". Its like watching "chainsaw massacre" nowadays -> only good to laugh at.
----
18.09.2007 - 01:21
ToCSiN
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 16.09.2007 at 22:45

Written by Guest on 24.05.2007 at 20:14

I would say Underworld and Van Hellsing they are the best ever

I strongly dissagree. I found "Van Hellsing" to be one of the most dire movies of all time. Totally insipid, awfull story-line, Draculla is so strong against normal mortals but against Van-Hellsing he appears weaker - why, Van - Hellsing han no super-natural powers! The movie supposedly takes place in Romania but not a single word spoken in Romanian throught the movie. Not even the super-hottness Kate could save this from being a totall stinker!

Underworld was pretty good though, especially #2.

Well dude, i agree with that, but i mean what i liked about the movie is the mix between WereWolves, Vamps and Frankishtine ... i wasn't talking about being realistic.
I was talking about why it's one of my fav dude
19.09.2007 - 15:35
Linak
I Own You Bitch
having not heard of a movie doesn't make that one movie bad.. but I guess to each his own
----
19.09.2007 - 23:27
MadGatsu

Written by Linak on 19.09.2007 at 15:35

having not heard of a movie doesn't make that one movie bad.. but I guess to each his own

I didnt said that
----
24.03.2008 - 00:46
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
my favourite vampire films are john carpenters 'vampires' i love blade and all the sequels i think the second one is my favourite, and i like interview with the vampire of course
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
24.03.2008 - 19:24
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Has anyone here seen 30 Days of Night? I watched it a few months back, and must say, it was terrifying at some points. It was a whole new spin on the vampire story. These were not your romantic Dracula types, or the sexy Goth Chick vampires, they were brutal and nasty. While the movie could have been a lot better (it still was good), it lacked character development and was kind of slow at some points.

But like I said, there were some moments that even terrified me! And I am not one who is easily frightened in movies.
----
(space for rent)
26.03.2008 - 04:48
ASiema113

I've recently seen a few VampFliks including "Shadow Of The Vampire", "30 Day Of Night" and as well as rewatching "Interview With The Vampire". And while I found "Shadow..." and "30..." bringing something new and fairly interesting to the Vampire Movie genre I still found "Interview..." still to best capture the theme of the Vampire. Not meaning the the others were technically bad, but they fell short or were insufficient when put next to "Interview...", in my opinion at the least.

Which has left me with a hunger for movies of the same professional quality movie making as "Interview...", and has me searching for more. Which doesn't just limit it to Vampire movies themselves, and I would appreciate any suggestions or input on the matter.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
19.12.2012 - 20:56
Sumentaa

Interview with the Vampire, great movie and the book is awesome too.
----
Thy soul shall find itself alone
'Mid dark thoughts of the grey tomb-stone;
Not one, of all the crowd, to pry
Into thine hour of secrecy.
"Spirits of the Dead-Edgar Allan Poe"