Metal Storm logo
Which System Of A Down Album Is The Best?

Poll

Which System Of A Down Album Is The Best?

Toxicity
System Of A Down
Mezmerize
Steal This Album!
Hypnotize

Total votes: 143
13.10.2010 - 11:13
MetalFist
Account deleted
This is simply put, Which System Of A Down Album Is The Best?

For Me, it's Toxicity, then System Of A Down, Hypnotize, Mezmerize, Steal This Album!. Which ones yours?
13.10.2010 - 11:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I voted Toxicity as well. Songs like Psycho and Aerials (my top 2 fave) and of course Chop Suey are what SOAD is all about to me. Straightforward and unique, Toxicity is IMHO the most comprehensive and fluent album SOAD has ever made. Followers then are Mesmerize/Hypnotize, System of a Dow and Steal This Album! comes last.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
13.10.2010 - 11:25
Riscannon
For me it's Toxicity, then Hypnotize, System Of A Down, Mezmerize, Steal This Album!
13.10.2010 - 13:17
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I voted for toxicity, Chop Suey soad best song
13.10.2010 - 15:07
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Steal This Album! Easily their crazyiest (with the first), that's why it got my vote. That said, I like them all (songs like "Sugar", "Suggestions", "Chop Suey" or "Aerials" are that awesome. The lamest in my eyes is Hypnotize.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
13.10.2010 - 18:33
Mikyz
My favorite is their Self-titled album, well because in my opinion it's their craziest and most diverse/creative musically speaking, with Sugar and War? as my fave SOAD songs. Then it would be Toxicity, Steal This Album, Mezmerize, Hypnotize.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
13.10.2010 - 19:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Forf me non is special to even pay attantion, if here be choose the best of I vote for it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2010 - 20:37
AkimHH
Yesterday, i was searching information about their reunion... But... .

I voted Mezmerize it´s louder and strong
----
AkimHH
13.10.2010 - 21:27
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Ah another one of these. My favorite has always been the self-titled, just because how genuinely insane it was.
13.10.2010 - 22:38
Reza
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 13.10.2010 at 19:25

Forf me non is special to even pay attantion, if here be choose the best of I vote for it

well said
14.10.2010 - 10:48
MetalFist
Account deleted
I generally agree with everyones views, but i think theyre first two are just much more superior to Mezmerize and Hypnotize. They (Hyp and Mez) are way way way too mainstream.
14.10.2010 - 17:01
hadriel
Toxicity is easily my favorite release by them, but I enjoy all of their releases a fair amount.
14.10.2010 - 18:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The first two on more or less equal grounds, with Steal This album coming third. The others, bar a few songs, I'm not really into. I voted for the s/t because it's underrated
15.10.2010 - 01:57
JoaoTavares
I voted Toxicity.

Mesmerize and Hypnotize are good and I agree they're mainstream, but SOAD were able to make two good mainstream albums keeping they're own, unique style. I think it's an interesting achievement.
16.10.2010 - 01:29
whitew122
Definitely Toxicity, followed by self-titled, Steal This Album!, Mezmerize, and Hypnotize, consecutively.
16.10.2010 - 13:02
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Though toxicity has some great songs i voted for mezmerize which was my first album of them and i think its pretty cool and "complete".
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.10.2010 - 11:39
MetalFists
Written by Guest on 14.10.2010 at 10:48

I generally agree with everyones views, but i think theyre first two are just much more superior to Mezmerize and Hypnotize. They (Hyp and Mez) are way way way too mainstream.

i question the amount ways you have used, i dont even think that mes and hyp r that mainstream. i personaly their self tytle was the most mainstream in a way because it just sounded like all the other metal that was coming out around that time. it wasnt till toxicity when they started sounding like the system of a down that i like
19.10.2010 - 12:52
MetalFist
Account deleted
Written by MetalFists on 19.10.2010 at 11:39

i question the amount ways you have used, i dont even think that mes and hyp r that mainstream. i personaly their self tytle was the most mainstream in a way because it just sounded like all the other metal that was coming out around that time. it wasnt till toxicity when they started sounding like the system of a down that i like

I disagree. System of a Down was just as unique as theyre later stuff.
21.10.2010 - 11:26
MetalFists
Written by Guest on 19.10.2010 at 12:52

all im saying is that i recon i could find other bands that sound like they did in their first album. but with everything after that i couldnt find anything that sounded like them
21.10.2010 - 12:01
MetalFist
Account deleted
Written by MetalFists on 21.10.2010 at 11:26

all im saying is that i recon i could find other bands that sound like they did in their first album. but with everything after that i couldnt find anything that sounded like them

Ok, if you can find a band which sounds/sounded like them then, tell me their name and their album.
21.10.2010 - 12:08
JD
Account deleted
As i remember Toxicity was my fav one...
21.10.2010 - 12:26
MetalFists
Written by Guest on 21.10.2010 at 12:01

Ok, if you can find a band which sounds/sounded like them then, tell me their name and their album.

i accept the chalenge
21.10.2010 - 12:31
MetalFist
Account deleted
Written by MetalFists on 21.10.2010 at 12:26

Written by Guest on 21.10.2010 at 12:01

i accept the chalenge

OH ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.
21.10.2010 - 17:49
Coolingsrock
The system of a down collection is amazing...summing them all together would be a 9 out of 10. In order i would choose their self titled album first cause its got such a raw and heavy sound with great riffs and vocals. Then it would be toxicity,mesmerize,steal this album and finally hypnotize.
1.system of a down 2.toxicity 3.mesmerize 4.steal this album 5.hypnotize
22.10.2010 - 00:12
MetalFist
Account deleted
Yeah i agree basically Coolingsrock:D
04.01.2011 - 11:38
Shield
They sounds originally at every album: The self-titled was some kind of incomprehensible sound for many musicians and critics but it was something different and they felt it. The Toxicity was just one of the best metal albums of 2001 (maybe the best), every sound was much more tied to each other. Steel this album was the obligatory and rushed release with songs of worst quality compared to the precedents. Mezmerize/Hypnotize were albums for charm of Daron.
Nevertheless the Toxicity was the best I think.
14.01.2011 - 07:51
Sonic MrSumo
Toxicity blew me away when I first heard it. It still does. I rarely listen to their other albums these days.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
20.01.2011 - 19:29
Their first three are among my all time favorites.

I didn't like Mezmerize and Hypnotize due to the weird tuning they did on guitars and Daron "singing" too much. The man has an awful voice.

Serj doesn't sound too good either on those albums :/
25.01.2011 - 14:32
Duff
I actually think Hypnotize was the best, they managed to get the whole ballad thing going on alongside a bunch of metalish songs and for me thats what makes a good album
25.01.2011 - 17:38
Luneth
Account deleted
Toxicity was a beast of an album, don't remember the details of it fully but I definetly recall playing the track 'Toxicity' continuosly for like two weeks in my first year of college lol.