Metal Storm logo
Deathspell Omega - Download A New Track

Paracletus, the fifth full-length by French black metallers Deathspell Omega, will be out on November 9th. Paracletus is the last chapter of a trilogy which took nine years to complete, a musical and spiritual quest during which everything was put at risk. The record closes the circle to the hallucinated sound of dissonant violence and menacing splendour, exploring the depths of abjection and the corruption of the other worlds on high.

And the best thing is, you can now download a full song off Paracletus for free. Click here to check out the track "Devouring Famine".

Paracletus [cover art] tracklist:

01. Epiklesis I
02. Wings Of Predation
03. Abscission
04. Dearth
05. Phosphene
06. Epiklesis II
07. Malconfort
08. Have You Beheld The Fevers?
09. Devouring Famine [.mp3]
10. Apokatastasis Pantôn

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Deathspell Omega
Posted: 14.10.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 98 users
14.10.2010 - 17:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
*attempts to contain girly excitement whilst it downloads*
14.10.2010 - 18:17
Kenos
Account deleted
OMG OMG Oh My Goooooood!!
14.10.2010 - 18:39
Derelict Earth

DOWNLOAD FASTER DAMNIT !!!
14.10.2010 - 18:43
Kenos
Account deleted
Ok... This track is chaotic, dissonant, sharp, bestial... It sounds like a natural evolution of "FAS", just a little less experimental and dazing but at the same time more defining and mature, not unlike their latest EP "Veritas Diaboli..". That's all well and good, but I'll obviously wait to listen to the entire full-lenght before judging.
14.10.2010 - 18:43
Derelict Earth

And now I can't wait for the whole album ... The track hasn't finished yet and my ass is kicked beyond everything ...
14.10.2010 - 18:55
Derelict Earth

Written by Guest on 14.10.2010 at 18:43

Ok... This track is chaotic, dissonant, sharp, bestial... It sounds like a natural evolution of "FAS", just a little less experimental and dazing but at the same time more defining and mature, not unlike their latest EP "Veritas Diaboli..". That's all well and good, but I'll obviously wait to listen to the entire full-lenght before judging.

You are right it's in the same vein as FAS, but you didn't like Chaining the Katechon ? I found this track to be pure awesomeness in it's own different genre.
14.10.2010 - 19:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It sounds a little rawer and dense than the last EP. I was expecting a continuation of the hints of melody that appeared on it. Might still get it, it's only one song afterall.
14.10.2010 - 19:04
Derelict Earth

!J.O.O.E.! i don't think so, It's supposed to be the last chapter of the trilogy so it will be in the same vein as FAS and SMRC. I love their last EP and I hope they will do stuff like it after this album.
14.10.2010 - 19:08
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Derelict Earth on 14.10.2010 at 18:55

but you didn't like Chaining the Katechon ? I found this track to be pure awesomeness in it's own different genre.

Me too.
With "not unlike" I mean: it's not that different from "Chaining The Katechon", which I find really impressive!
14.10.2010 - 19:09
Everlost

Oh god yes, this sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to hear the full album.
14.10.2010 - 19:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The tracks are shorter than expected, so I'm assuming this is going to be similar to their Manifestations material, which is good
14.10.2010 - 19:22
Derelict Earth

Written by Guest on 14.10.2010 at 19:08

Written by Derelict Earth on 14.10.2010 at 18:55

but you didn't like Chaining the Katechon ? I found this track to be pure awesomeness in it's own different genre.

Me too.
With "not unlike" I mean: it's not that different from "Chaining The Katechon", which I find really impressive!

Oh my bad ! I read "not like" ...
15.10.2010 - 02:34
Got Mayhem?

Sounds like "Fas..." with a healthy shot of Gorguts.
----

Hits total: 5232 | This month: 3