Metal Storm logo
Lordi - More Details About Horror Film

Finnish heavy-metal rockers Lordi, surprise winners of the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest, announced plans to make and star in a horror film, reports said Monday.

The band's frontman, Tomi Putaansuu, also known as Mr Lordi, told Finland's biggest evening paper Ilta-Sanomat about the plans.
'We are very enthusiastic about this. We have talked about this for months and the first version of the script has already been made,' Putaansuu was quoted as telling the newspaper.

The storyline is based on an idea by Lordi and director Pete Riski, who has directed several of the group's videos.
'It is not going to be a children's movie or a family film. I mean, let's face it, very few horror films are made that way. We don't play music on screen. We are just going to be monsters,' Putaansuu said, adding that funding was yet to be secured for the project.

Producer Markus Selin told Ilta-Sanomat that the decision about movie has to be made before November. That way the movie could hit European markets in May.

Source: movies.monstersandcritics.com
Band profile: Lordi
Posted: 28.08.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 0 users
28.08.2006 - 18:00
Eddie
Retired Mod.
yay ... ... ...
28.08.2006 - 18:04
matos

"You will see the jokers soon'll be the new kings!"
----
28.08.2006 - 18:21
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Ah well, its one way to spend your one million euros
28.08.2006 - 18:24
Silhouette

Lordi cola, a horror movie, magazines going crazy about pictures of the band...
Why don't make them rulers of the world right now?
28.08.2006 - 18:34
Bas
Retired Staff
lol, i think it'll turn out horrible
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.08.2006 - 18:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
I hate this band.
----
28.08.2006 - 18:59
Aleister Kinski

Has anyone seen the KISS movie?? Hope they're not making the same mistake...
Noo!!...:erm: I don't think so...:hopeless:
Anyway!! I'd love to see some blood...:maniac:
28.08.2006 - 19:30
Lioncourt

Well Lordi has already made a small film. But Markus Selin. For fuck's sake. Why not just get Disney to produce the film if you are that self-destructive?
----

Think twice before you buy furr! http://www.strasbourgcurieux.com/fourrure/
28.08.2006 - 21:34
Damnated
Churchburner
And what wil be the most horrible thing in this movie, the soundtrack?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.08.2006 - 21:37
Muskot
Account deleted
This band is incredible! I've never seen anyone be this much sellout in such short time!
29.08.2006 - 00:56
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
The band is as big as Kiss over in europe right now, so I'm guessing it was expected. Won't be long before we see Lordi diapers, or Lordi board games, or a whole slew of other Lordi merchandise.
29.08.2006 - 12:22
Talvi

Please, remove Lordi from thispage. They are blaspheming the imagery of the metalscene. Oh my god...
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
29.08.2006 - 12:55
GT
Coffee!!
Damn...this is stupid
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.08.2006 - 13:07
Thryce
Retired Staff
Once again, I couldn't care less!!
Besides, since when is the MS News Page also a gossip magazine... I mean, first the reports about the Lordi cola, then how much Lordi earns, now this...

@ Largos : lol don't worry, I think real metalheads don't even consider Lordi to be metal. For me, they are part of the Glam-(Hard)-Rock-with-pop-infleunces-scene. "heavy-metal rockers" ... jeez as if
----
Your favorite band sucks.
29.08.2006 - 17:56
Mother_North

I never thought their victory on the eurovision would end in things like this.... come on play music and quit the bullshit ://
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
30.08.2006 - 16:05
Damnated
Churchburner
I don't know why you guys wine so much about Lordi. There were allways (comercially) succesful bands on the metal/rock scene, and there will be. Lordi is just one of the others.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
31.08.2006 - 04:08
tulkas
el parcero
well, if you look back movies from bands suck, so I think this may not be the exeption. I hope it is
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
31.08.2006 - 04:53
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
@tulkas:

Not all of them suck. Check out Malice Mizer's Bara No Konrei (Bridal Of Rose) movie. That one was pretty grim.

Coming up next: Lordi's official condom brand. Tagline: "For the monstrous pleasure!"
----
Christless

Hits total: 2186 | This month: 5