Disc III [deluxe edition bonus]
01. The Music Of Flesh
02. Seven Times She Wept
03. The Burning Coast Of Regnum Italicum
04. She Heard My Body Dying
05. And All Their Joy Was Drowned

Additional info
US release date: 31.05.2011

Deluxe edition consists of 3 discs with 64-page book, inspired by My Dying Bride's illustrious recordings of the past two decades. Limited to 3000 copies.

Produced by Maudling, Stainthrope, Craighan.
Recorded by Maudling at Wayland's Forge Studios, England 2010-2011.
Cover art by Aaron Stainthrope.
Design and booklet layout by Matthew Vickerstaff.

To commemorate two decades of doom and gloom from My Dying Bride, the band embarked upon a special project to re-work familiar melodies and themes from their extensive catalogue into long, flowing symphonic compositions, incorporating new vocals and passages from Aaron Stainthorpe. Sharing vocals is professional opera singer Lucie Roche, a talented soprano from France.

These arrangements have been brought to life in co-operation with keyboard maestro Johnny Maudling (of Bal-Sagoth fame) as well as a clutch of talented classical musicians and will be released on May 30th as 'Evinta', as a 2 disc set & also a deluxe 3-disc edition with 64 page book, inspired by My Dying Bride's illustrious recordings of the past two decades.

A deluxe edition (3 Discs) including 64 page 12" hard-back book and additional disc of Evinta recordings (Evinta 3)
A 2-CD* limited edition, in a digibook format with 24 page booklet for independent retailers
A less expensive 2-CD* edition for general retail (UK and overseas chain stores), in a jewel-case format

*2CD edition features CD 1 & 2 from the Deluxe (3 Disc) edition.

Audio from Disc 3 will see an eventual release in the future.

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
I don't think I should say anything concerning My Dying Bride, you all know who they are and what they accomplished, but most and above all you still recall the company they kept you throughout the years; that is indispensable. Yet, neither they possess the Papal infallibility nor do I grant indulgence.

Up to Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light, even A Line Of Deathless Kings, I used to worship them, to a welcome extent of course, it always depends on the album and everything it has to say. Then, the big "surprise" came with For Lies I Sire, it wasn't even memorable, an album whose existence I nearly ignore, third class uninspired My Dying Bride just for the sake of it, nothing less, nothing more, a mediocre sculpture of what they once were. Two years later, the band itself prepared the world for something different through statements, something that was waiting for a long time to be accomplished and fulfilled, now it is awakened. Of course I'm referring to Evinta, a wannabe magnum opus of familiar and renowned My Dying Bride melodies transformed into pieces of classical/symphonic music.

Read more ››
published 05.06.2011 | Comments (31)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 39   Visited by: 834 users
12.11.2010 - 00:26
fosi

Why 2011???
I thought that the date of release was October 25th...
I guess we 'll have to wait...:(
12.11.2010 - 17:03
fosi

Written by Guest on 12.11.2010 at 02:22

Written by fosi on 12.11.2010 at 00:26

Why 2011???
I thought that the date of release was October 25th...
I guess we 'll have to wait...:(

Peaceville:
"The release of My Dying Bride's forthcoming 'Evinta', the special orchestral & symphonic set marking 20 years of the band's existence, has been delayed until early 2011. Keep checking peaceville.com for further updates & details."

Thnx a lot man!!!
So,we 'll have to wait...
17.04.2011 - 15:06
Rating: 9
Ab.Victor
عرص
Damn God
Cant Wait
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Keep It Doom
----
Stab me with hate
Enforce my fate
Pain's my belonging
To death I am longing
The death I desire
The dead I admire
See no more illusion
Just thy persecution

So finish your work
Stab me with fork
Torture with knife
End useless life
Slit all my wrists
02.05.2011 - 20:36
Kenos
Account deleted
What to do if you're running out of ideas? Why not rearrange your old classic songs filling them with some tasty orchestral/symphonic cream? ... That wouldn't be a bad idea, especially if your band plays goth/doom.

I'm not judging anything, but I have to admit it: considering that (IMHO) their last album was nearly a fiasco... I have a bad feeling about this.
Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.
03.05.2011 - 10:52
garmling
Account deleted
Well, this sounds promising indeed...at first I was like wtf, but the more I listen it the more I like it!

http://soundcloud.com/peaceville/my-dying-bride-evinta-album
30.05.2011 - 12:40
The Technogoat
The Technogoat
Giving this a listen on Spotify right now (http://open.spotify.com/album/0lzn8TkzGY6hAxnNRLEUSn) and it is absolutely amazing. So beautifully and carefully composed.
----
Human, all too fucking human.
31.05.2011 - 04:06
Rating: 10
great red dragon

IT'S GREAT !!! I can't stop listening...
----
I can see from your smile,
You're not here for the sunset.
31.05.2011 - 10:16
Rating: 8
Umideath

Piano & Violin...!?
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
31.05.2011 - 15:33
Kenos
Account deleted
After the lazy "For Lies I Sire" I couldn't expect anything good from this band. I wish they had proved me wrong.

This is a magnificent paradise of redundant, kitschy, whiny orchestral slop that seems to never end. I mean, average lenght is 9-10 minutes per track and I already want to slash my wrists after two minutes.

But apart from that; each track leads absolutely nowhere. It has no shape. It's just some edgeless piano/(neo)classical/(neo)saccharine/ambient meandering, accompanied by an irritating soprano and Aaron's spoken words -well, sometimes he even whin.. err sings, like on the horrible "Of Lilies Bent With Tears" (a good way to ruin an old classic, "Your River"), but it ends up in an epic fail.
And the fact that the songs are driven by some of the band's classic motifs ("From Darkest Skies", "Turn Loose The Swans", "Your River" etc.) doesn't help so much, imo.

The ideas are still there, the great songs too ("The Distance, Busy With Shadows" is wonderful!), and it's a good thing that MDB decided to put their music and spirit on another level, but this is really, really excessive (one hour and a half of this nightmare is too much for me O__O ).

If I had to choose one word to describe this album (or compilation, whatever) in its entirety, it'd be "overambitious".

Actually there's also a third disc included in the deluxe edition. I'll leave it to diehard fans with great pleasure.

Maybe the Bride is dead; hopefully she's not gonna expose her rigor mortis too.
01.06.2011 - 15:34
Rating: 7
ravendeath

This release certainly is not meant for metal audience, but rather for ambient fans.
01.06.2011 - 15:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Damn and I already hated Line Of Deathless Kings and For Lies I Sire, but somehow managed to surpass those two in total crappiness and boredom. What a shame, especially considering how utterly brilliant this band once was.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.06.2011 - 16:01
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by ravendeath on 01.06.2011 at 15:34

This release certainly is not meant for metal audience, but rather for ambient fans.

Uhm, strange that I love many dark ambient/ethereal/gothic acts like Dead Can Dance, Desiderii Marginis, Lustmord, Elend, Dark Sanctuary and others a little more unknown, and I still find this album a total boredom...
01.06.2011 - 18:27
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2011 at 15:36

Damn and I already hated Line Of Deathless Kings and For Lies I Sire, but somehow managed to surpass those two in total crappiness and boredom. What a shame, especially considering how utterly brilliant this band once was.

Yeah boredom is prevailing, but I'm not that worried anyway: every artist has his own golden years, then inspiration slowly fades and "dies". It's almost physiological I think, and beyond reproach. Let's just keep listening to "Turn Loose The Swans", "The Angel And The Dark River" or even the more recent "Songs Of Darkness, Words Of Light"... They will help to forget all the disappointment.
01.06.2011 - 20:25
ravendeath

Written by Guest on 01.06.2011 at 16:01

Written by ravendeath on 01.06.2011 at 15:34

Uhm, strange that I love many dark ambient/ethereal/gothic acts like Dead Can Dance, Desiderii Marginis, Lustmord, Elend, Dark Sanctuary and others a little more unknown, and I still find this album a total boredom...

Those bands that you're mentioning are also my favorites, but somehow this release is strange,... I listened to it a couple of times and there was a moment that I actually enjoyed it and found it quite special. Certainly it's no match and it can't be compared to their earlier releases like "The Angel And...". Sure, this is a difficult journey to go through such a record...
02.06.2011 - 20:01
Rating: 4
Vanquished

Lousy female vocals...
11.06.2011 - 18:32
DARKDOOM

Oh go on
11.06.2011 - 18:34
DARKDOOM

Written by DARKDOOM on 11.06.2011 at 18:32

Oh go on boys
12.06.2011 - 18:06
Rating: 2
Bizzaremifo

Sorry i didn´t catch this one ... there is no metal element... it is nothing for me..
23.06.2011 - 00:50
Rating: 2
AhmadKayyali

That was really a letdown ! this album had no guitars in it ! wtf ! is that even metal
28.06.2011 - 09:55
daemonic7

Great album.
Just listen it... great idea of doing this...
05.07.2011 - 02:27
Kenos
Account deleted
I gave it few more spins during the last days: no dice, the more I listen to it, the worse. The main problems are in the second disc: "Vanité Triomphante" is terribly overlong, they could have cut it to 6 minutes because it actually starts well, but it looks like they wanted to stretch it with pointless and kitschy arrangements; the result is a totally self-indulgent gothic crap that goes nowhere - "triumphant vanity" indeed. This track is one of the most boring MDB have ever written, imo.
"That Dress And Summer Skin", seriously, wtf is that? Starts off with a menacing "She Is The Dark"'s tune, then for no reason switches to "My Whiny In Silence". There's no coherence, there's no point at all. Sure, everything is elegantly and carefully composed like it's supposed to be, but where's the substance? Again, they could've cut this song because the good ideas are there, but it seems that they wanted to try harder and make it an unnecessarily overlong and shapeless orchestral slop.
"And Then You Go" is mediocre but at least is slightly better than the previous tracks. The last track is just... Nice, except for the fact that I'm tempted to press stop after 5 minutes...

As for the first disc, the problems are more or less the same, especially in "Of Lilies Bent With Tears", where the opera singer sounds completely out of place during the last minutes. AAAAAAAARGH STFU YOU GOTH CHICK.

What else can I say... They could've avoided all the female vocals but they used them (probably in order to give a more gothic/whiny touch); they could've halved almost all the songs (especially in the second disc), or even the tracklist itself, but the average lenght is 10 minutes; they could've focused more on (dark) ambient style like in "Of Sorry Eyes In March" or "The Distance.." (which are the only ones I really enjoy), but the overall music is made of incoherent orchestral sections sticked aimlessly together...

And let's draw a veil over the lyrics: lost love, death, dark, God, doom, blood, tears and the usual aesthetical goth imagery expressed in pseudo-cryptic pompous poems...

Why, MDB, WHY???
20.07.2011 - 04:16
AXA

Written by AXA on 20.07.2011 at 04:10

AWESOME ALBUM ... JUST FOR METAL HEADS
ONLY VERY DEEP LYRIC LIKE ALWAYS
AWESOME NEW STYLE ...

JUST AMAZING WORK FOR 2011
SPECIAL DOOM OPERA DEATH METAL ....
NICE .....VERY NICE MUSIC AND COVER ....
I FEEL THE ALBUM \../
TAKE ME TO ANTHER WORLD \../ THANKS MY DYING BRIDE ... WE NEED LIKE THIS WORK YOU ALWAYS MAKE VERY SMART MUSIC AND DEEP

22.07.2011 - 00:50
AXA

..... HAHAAH ^_^
22.07.2011 - 00:53
AXA

To Array ...
i tell you ... you need to understand this style
this style only pure metal ....
this style need metal heads ....
not kids
22.07.2011 - 00:55
AXA

You need a lot of year to under stand like this style ....
pure doom metal ....
22.07.2011 - 01:08
AXA

Mm --- mm
maybe .... you try to understand it but cant
because this project :bigest much more than your small mind ...
you talk this not metal ,,,
i need you to teach Aaron Stainthorpe how is doom metal ....hahah
just kids
27.08.2011 - 21:35
Kenos
Account deleted
... Dropping down the vote from 5 to 4 after listening to the third disc. Uh, yuck, that's something DISGUSTING.
22.09.2011 - 03:36
godisdead

I enjoyed a change of styles but I hope they go back to what their best at.
22.09.2011 - 03:36
godisdead

I enjoyed a change of styles but I hope they go back to what their best at.
15.01.2012 - 13:37
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
I am not an expert in neoclassical/darkwave/dark ambient music area, but I enjoy it, so naturally this album caught my attention immediately.
And, I must say, it was a pleasant experience to hear all those familiar melodies in their new arrangements. Surely, this album has its flaws, just like any other album, but I don't feel like writing about them here. What matters is the music, which is well-written and well-performed and that strong spirit, which was always present in My Dying Bride's works. I mean the spirit to pursue something new in their music without care for criticism. That's what I love this band for.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"

Hits total: 23899 | This month: 30