Metal Storm logo
Macbeth

29.08.2006 - 12:14
Ernis
狼獾
I also made their thread into the old forum....that was some time ago....now I wanted to create it again...what to say about them....They are trully amazing...they are from Milan...Italy....More than ten years have they produced fine music...their first full album well was released in 1998....before they wrote this demo called "Nocturnal Embrace" or something like that....that is such a rarity nowadays....

I must say that what makes them good is that they aren't another beauty vs beast band.....perhaps they were once but Morena has as very fine and strong voice....sort of comparable to Lotta Höglin's....they are different but both are unique.....Andreas growls well but his clean vocals have a haunting sound....not to mention that Macbeth has great melodies...They are not devastating or depressing but their music is full of energy...so much it sparkles......

Yesterday I saw a video of their live performance where they sang the song "Forever" from their first album....it was very interesting to hear for originally it was sung by Vittorio and Cristina.....Andreas singing clean added much to the song's original impression...so did Morena with her ripe, mature voice....the overall feeling was much more enjoyable than the old version of the song with just childlike angelical female voice and deep growls.....a thing you've heard so many times before.....

Now add your thoughts about this band.......
29.08.2006 - 18:12
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I have only 1 album: "Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo", but I haven't heard the music so much, so, I can't give a good opinion about them
I think that the band is good but quite depressive, or it's maybe the album?
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
30.08.2006 - 10:50
Ernis
狼獾
It is definitely the album.....right now they are far from depressive....I wrote it in the first post....their first album was more of a typical goth influenced piedce of art but since the new singers have been in the band, they have followed their own path and that makes their music very interesting, powerful and positive.....while Cristina was tender and girlish then Morena, the current singer who has been in the band since 2000 already leaves the exact impression of the heroine of their last hit song "Miss Murderess"....with a little twisted smile in the lovely face......
31.08.2006 - 01:14
Alouqua
Account deleted
HI! this is another of my favourite bands in the world!! i have the album "Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo" and some other songs.
First of all the music is amazing but my real love of that band is the voices. Both. Female or male voice.
About videos, have you seen this one?
http://macbeth.it/index2.php
10.10.2006 - 11:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 31.08.2006 at 01:14

HI! this is another of my favourite bands in the world!! i have the album "Romantic Tragedy's Crescendo" and some other songs.
First of all the music is amazing but my real love of that band is the voices. Both. Female or male voice.
About videos, have you seen this one?
http://macbeth.it/index2.php

jajaja I know this album too, I like lyrics of ban more how music, its not my style of music, even if its so emotional and deep, dunno about other albums but this seems best of them IMO
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2007 - 10:23
iaberis
Advice Troll
I've recently downloaded their discography and I liked them so much. Indeed they have a great sound, with nice melodies and amazing keyboards. Very atmospheric! Now that I like them, I'm gonna buy their albums, to support the band too. I liked more their 2 first albums, although I despise death growls, but I really enjoyed their last one "Malae Artes". I'm waiting for their new one...
----
Bitch! Please
08.07.2007 - 15:25
Mindheist
No Longer Human
I've just discovered a fan-filmed video footage of Macbeth's performance at the Darkfest in Bologna, Italy. In case you are interested, click here.
11.10.2007 - 22:10
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
A new Macbeth track, entitled 'Without You' has been posted on the group's MySpace page at this location.
19.10.2007 - 19:53
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Macbeth's video for the song "Without You" was posted online at this location. The clip was filmed in Italy with director Mirco Andreis.
19.10.2007 - 20:21
Ernis
狼獾
Very good video....and the song's well written as well...rather proper gothic style here...more older-style song, slightly similar to Mandragora Scream....
24.12.2007 - 22:07
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Macbeth is one of those bands that I'd like to like a lot, but I just can't enjoy them more than a casual listen. Their newest CD has a great studio sound, by far their best, but every song has the same arrangement, and the same simplistic or predictable guitar riffs. They do keep the guitar solos, which is great. But in the end, this is a vocally driven band really, and I cringe as much as I enjoy some of the vocal harmonies.

The music more leans toward a nu-metal style arrangement than it does gothic to me, which would be fine if the vocals were grand, but they just aren't. I love an Italian accent in singing metal vocals, and more than appreciate it in Theatres Des Vampires, Cadaveria, and Mandragora Scream. But Macbeth's vocals just don't work all the time to me, and their lyrics aren't so special in my opinion. Macbeth's latest release to me is one with all the right ideas, but just not the right execution.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy an occasional listen, because it sounds so well recorded and I think the bend put a lot of effort into it. It feels genuine, and not overproduced - I think this is the band putting out what it can on its own efforts. But I just want more from them. Gothic metal may often lower the importance of a guitar riff, but I think they could use some more interesting ones. And to also improve the vocal harmonies.... alot.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
25.07.2023 - 12:57
Miss_Havisham
Account deleted
I like their song "Forever" very much, it brings me so much nostalgia from when I was young. And so much longing to find true love, that I couldn't find, etc.
I think I would like their early / old / firsts albums,