Metal Storm logo
Best Oriental Albums

28.10.2010 - 19:27
Behdaad
DEAD
Hi there.
I'm just wondering about best Oriental Metal albums.

I've tried Distorted and Orphaned Land (both from Israel) and I liked them.

What do you think?
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
28.10.2010 - 20:22
FOOCK Nam
I know a Bilocate one, Bishop Of Hexen one (this it is very excellent). Heard of Salem. Two of my mention is Oriental. I cant assure if Bishop Of Hexen is Oriental influence but they are very good. The Bilocate is no-critic for Oriental good-meet element, musically
28.10.2010 - 20:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Bilocate is a band I know from Jordan..I've listened to Dysphoria from them...poorly recorded, but a great doom death album...
02.11.2010 - 17:26
Iriki
Myrath - Desert Call, definitely.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=2602
02.11.2010 - 17:47
JD
Account deleted
I can't choose just one best album, because i have to many, but am gonna mention some good bands that use oriental tones, Melechesh, Arkan, Orphaned Land, Myrath, Odious, Aeternam, Al-Namrood, Bilocate, Litham, Narjahanam, Arallu, Amaseffer, Sawlegen, Nile, Mezarkabul, Scarab, Sand Aura, Human Fate, Kattah, and some few more bands, you can check my lists here it may helps:
Arabian Albums
Oriental Albums
03.11.2010 - 21:54
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
The band that comes to mind is Melechesh. Blackened Death Metal with strong middle eastern influnces. Nice folkloric bites in their stuff though. Check the first two albums.
As for Bishop of Hexen, i dont think you would find what you are looking for in their music. It's right that they are from Israel, but their music is completely standart symphonic black albums. I mean you would not find any mid-eastern influnces in their song writing.
Cheers.
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
08.11.2010 - 19:40
Starchild
For me it's Orphaned Land - Mabool, without any doubt.
13.11.2010 - 18:34
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Written by Iriki on 02.11.2010 at 17:26

Agreed, this is a spectacular album! One of my top prog releases of the year for sure.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
13.11.2010 - 18:40
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I always like to add Mizraab to threads like this: they're a melodic metal band from Pakistan led by the incredible guitar playing (and vocals) of Faraz Anwar, "oriental" influences (as you call them) abound in their metal, and their lyrics are sung in Urdu. Also listen to Mizraab if you want some impressive guitar playing or just a taste of the leaders in Pakistani metal.

All of their songs are available for download from their website, let me suggest starting with this album: http://www.mizraabianz.com/v3/mizraab-mazi-haal-mustaqbil-2004/
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
21.11.2010 - 14:50
Arkan - hilal !!
21.11.2010 - 15:14
Luneth
Account deleted
Every Galneryus album xD.
21.11.2010 - 23:47
0rpheus
Written by Susan on 13.11.2010 at 18:34

Written by Iriki on 02.11.2010 at 17:26

Agreed, this is a spectacular album! One of my top prog releases of the year for sure.

Agreed² Awesome band.
----
I would prefer not to.
22.11.2010 - 17:00
0rpheus
Written by Susan on 13.11.2010 at 18:40

I always like to add Mizraab to threads like this: they're a melodic metal band from Pakistan led by the incredible guitar playing (and vocals) of Faraz Anwar, "oriental" influences (as you call them) abound in their metal, and their lyrics are sung in Urdu. Also listen to Mizraab if you want some impressive guitar playing or just a taste of the leaders in Pakistani metal.

All of their songs are available for download from their website, let me suggest starting with this album: http://www.mizraabianz.com/v3/mizraab-mazi-haal-mustaqbil-2004/

Agreed, Mizraab are really a good Progressive Metal/Rock band.
----
I would prefer not to.
03.12.2010 - 08:15
I'm a big Orphaned Land fan. I just picked up Myrath's Desert Call album. I've been digging it. It definitely has a strong "oriental" vibe on a few songs. It's like a mix between Symphony X, Dragonland and Orphaned Land, in my opinion...
16.12.2010 - 22:00
Behdaad
DEAD
My selection would be Distorted; a band from Israel.

All of their songs aren't that 'oriental' but it's good.
----
21.12.2010 - 04:44
Susan
Smeghead
elite
I finally got Ahoora - Awkward Diary. Just listening now. Any other Ahoora fans here? Melodic Progressive rock/ metal from Iran. These guys are amazing- interesting and passionate music with occasional classical Persian influences.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
04.02.2011 - 16:02
Night Sight
Melechesh
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
04.02.2011 - 17:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Night Sight on 04.02.2011 at 16:02

Melechesh

Its band not album
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.02.2011 - 14:27
ForeverDarkWoods
Arallu. Fuck yeah! War on the Wailing Wall rules. Lots of people dislike the drum machine, but I think that it gives the album a shitty INRI-ish vibe that I enjoy
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
28.04.2011 - 21:05
DaReDeViL
Sawlegen - Stories From an Old Empire
30.04.2011 - 05:05
No mention of Amaseffer yet? Think a heavier, somewhat less technical Vanden Plas with more orchestration and plenty of Oriental elements and you get this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL4-3W9sZbw
12.05.2011 - 17:09
Llort
My favourites have to be Chthonic's Seediq Bale + Mirror of Retribution and Sigh's Imaginary Sonicscapes + Hangman's Hymn. Both those bands seem to be giving a lot of Western artists a run for their money right now, and pretty sure both of them have new albums coming out soon too. Good times.
02.07.2011 - 23:27
JD
Account deleted
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 05.02.2011 at 14:27

Arallu. Fuck yeah! War on the Wailing Wall rules. Lots of people dislike the drum machine, but I think that it gives the album a shitty INRI-ish vibe that I enjoy

How i didn't notice your post here before!, Arallu are definitely one of the best oriental metal bands, did you listened to their "Desert Battles" album? highly recommended!
04.07.2011 - 16:37
I agree with that awesome band.
04.07.2011 - 16:37
I agree with that awesome band.
16.07.2011 - 04:55
Do you know PIRANIA from Tunisia? They released only 1 album and died. Some members now have join MYRATH.
By the way, the album is also good!
16.07.2011 - 22:31
JD
Account deleted
Written by Metal Arsenal on 16.07.2011 at 04:55

Do you know PIRANIA from Tunisia? They released only 1 album and died. Some members now have join MYRATH.
By the way, the album is also good!

I've listened to their album "Between Dream And Nightmare" amazing oriental tones, Pirania is the previous project by Myrath's vocalist, and that's all i know
24.07.2011 - 21:13
Pennywise213
Account deleted
For me it has to be Ambehr - Sword's Song , sine it is a mix of Power/Death with armenian music. They released a new album Ambers Dreamland.
06.09.2011 - 23:21
Metal_4Ever
Written by Behdaad on 28.10.2010 at 19:27

Hi there.

What do you think?

And why did you add this thread for the band "Diablo Swing Orchestra"
10.09.2011 - 14:28
Behdaad
DEAD
Written by Metal_4Ever on 06.09.2011 at 23:21

Written by Behdaad on 28.10.2010 at 19:27

Hi there.

What do you think?

And why did you add this thread for the band "Diablo Swing Orchestra"

I guess I didn't!
I've heard of 'em, but no way I call them "Oriental".
----