Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy, Lacuna Coil - Vocalists Present Award To Slayer

Arch Enemy vocalist, Angela Gossow has posted the following message on her MySpace Page:

"Dear friends,

I was invited to the Kerrang Awards on Thursday. Its all industry and business, not much of a metal party with bands like Placebo and Muse. I had to do a couple of Jaegermeister shots with Kerry King to get over this blasphemy. But oh well. Me and Christina were there to give the 'Hall Of Fame' award to Slayer - the only band who truly deserved their award! REIGN IN BLOOD (and chop those suit-and-tie-wearing corporates into pieces please).

Check out from the Kerrang! Awards:
Picture#1
Picture#2
Picture#3
Picture#4
Picture#5

Flying these days is a huge hassle. You are not even allowed to bring some toothpaste in your handluggage. I made it through the metal detector bare foot (even flip flops have to be taken off) and were asked to throw my chapstick away.. I looked at the security guy and said.. "Listen, I am German, non-religious, love my live and will NOT attempt to blow up the plane with a lipstick".. Needless to say he did not get the joke. I felt a personal triumph though that he didnt discover my saline nasal spray. Ha! Rebellion.

We are in full-preparation mode for Gigantour. We havent been touring for a while (did the EU festivals instead) and I struggle to remember the essentials I have to bring for living on a tourbus.. SANITIZER! I-POD! KEYBOARD! LAPTOP! And a million other things. We will be going straight to Japan and Australia after this, so we will be 6 weeks non-stop away from home. I am looking forward to it a lot, it means I will have people around me who are doing the thinking and organizing for me (hello Woody, Mr. tourmanager, I am talking to you, hehe..) and I will meet a lot of cool people who actually like what we do musically. Its a reward money can't buy!

Please stay healthy and pure fucking metal until we come to town! I want to see you crazy lot in the front row!."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 29.08.2006 by Mindheist

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 11 users
29.08.2006 - 14:02
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
oh fuck...! hot chicks..!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
29.08.2006 - 15:52
SteTech
Damn they look hot!
29.08.2006 - 16:12
Stone
I wanna marry one of them.
----
-- There is no hope, why don't you ?.. --
29.08.2006 - 17:50
Mother_North
2 lovely ladies
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
30.08.2006 - 10:30
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer
hawt
31.08.2006 - 05:03
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
They all look fukken weird in the first pick. :S
----
Christless
31.08.2006 - 12:29
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
My two Favourite female singers/growlers looking absolutely gorgeous

And Kerry has added heaps more to his arm tattoo which looks awsome!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
18.09.2006 - 04:04
Princ_Of_Horror
That Christina from Lacuna she looks like an idiot and she like a goth,yeah right!
19.11.2006 - 17:56
Remus
Damn, Angela looks like a real nazi in these shots!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
19.11.2006 - 18:49
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Remus on 19.11.2006 at 17:56

She wears black, a beret and has underlined her eyes with thick black lines - what the fuck is nazi about that? If she wore army boots, a mjollnir around her neck or had cut of her hair, then maybe, but what the fuck is nazi about that look?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
22.11.2006 - 20:11
Remus
Written by Promonex on 19.11.2006 at 18:49

Written by Remus on 19.11.2006 at 17:56

She wears black, a beret and has underlined her eyes with thick black lines - what the fuck is nazi about that? If she wore army boots, a mjollnir around her neck or had cut of her hair, then maybe, but what the fuck is nazi about that look?

I don't know, i guess maybe the fact that she's german and has blond hair.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.01.2007 - 18:42
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master

If she wore army boots, a mjollnir around her neck or had cut of her hair, then maybe, but what the fuck is nazi about that look?

And WTF is so nazi about Mjölnir? It's just Thors hammer. So you would say that Amon Amarth is Nazis because they sing about Odin and other Viking stuff?

And BTW, Angela is one hell of a chick
10.01.2007 - 01:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 09.01.2007 at 18:42

If she wore army boots, a mjollnir around her neck or had cut of her hair, then maybe, but what the fuck is nazi about that look?

And WTF is so nazi about Mjölnir? It's just Thors hammer. So you would say that Amon Amarth is Nazis because they sing about Odin and other Viking stuff?

And BTW, Angela is one hell of a chick

I said "maybe", as Mjölnir is on the one hand often worn by people with dubious ideologies over here, on the other by people who are into Asatru and/or Viking/pagan metal. I was talking about stereotypes that would justify accusing her of looking nazi - accusing of her of such because she is blond and German is not justified. Fact is that many elements from the Germanic culture have been (mis)used by the nazis (swastika, sig rune, othala rune, black sun, mjölnir, ...) and for many nazis those still are a symbol to identify people alike.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
18.11.2009 - 03:48
SatyriconChick
Haha, I love Angela, she's hilarious! Stupid that they wanted her to throw out her Chapstick!

Hits total: 5682 | This month: 4