07. New World Order
08. Fast Lane
09. Black Swan
10. Wrecker
11. Millennium Of The Blind
12. Deadly Nightshade
13. 13

Additional info
Exclusive limited vinyl edition includes Th1rt3en split across two picture-discs, retaining the correct track order. Each disc includes art from the album package as well as an exclusive album poster

Guest review by
AndMetalForAll
Rating:
2011 set big expectations for Megadeth for that year and for 2012. After huge "Big 4" shows, the return of Dave Ellefson and "the kiss and make up" between Dave Mustaine, Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield, finally two of the pioneers of thrash metal, Megadeth and Metallica are together. Certainly Th1rt3en is a great way to show the good vibes they are transmitting since 2010.

Read more ››
published 05.02.2012 | Comments (17)

Found in 52 lists
Top lists

Comments page 5 / 8

Comments: 236   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 1789 users
26.10.2011 - 12:46
John Shock

Written by Deth Reaper on 26.10.2011 at 07:48

Its a 9'er for me....this album. I felt Dave's vocals were awesome....way better then the previous two. I could even feel Shawn's drumming in most songs. Plus the solos were really kickin some major ass. Apart from Guns, Drugs n' Money, i couldnt find a song which i dint like.

I think the same way!!!
26.10.2011 - 18:47
JD
Account deleted
I don't know If I'm In a bad mood, or this album keeps annoying me, It's still my first listen though, so I can't tell :/
26.10.2011 - 23:18
Rating: 7
AndMetalForAll
kual21
Written by Angelic Storm on 26.10.2011 at 00:47

Written by AndMetalForAll on 26.10.2011 at 00:29
TSHF?? underrated? ...I think it's very well rated 6.5 or 7 ... We definitely have different tastes of good metal. Look at songs like die dead enough or truth be told( Mustaine looks like a girl singing that song)...Blackmail ... is ok it has a great first part... kick the chair is awesome (i give you that)... tears..a little bit mediocre...Back in the day ( they wish...) it's ok but nothing compared with songs like 13 or sudden death for example...Of mice and men looks like mustaine is throwing up his guts out....riffs are nothing special...solos mediocre..the only song that is pretty cool is kick the chair... i give it 6 or 7 maximum.

I listened "13" again...it's the best of the decade for megadeth.. But i respect your opinion of course...

Greets,
AndMetalForAll

I'd personally give it a 9, but that's just me of course.

I don't know what you mean by "Mustaine looks like a girl", but that isn't a valid reason for saying a song is bad! As for those songs themselves, "Die Dead Enough" wonderfully blends Megadeth's more streamlined and melodic 90's style, with the macabre edge that their 80's material had, and it sounds awesome as a result. "Truth Be Told" is a fantastic song! It simmers for just the perfect amount of time, before taking off like a freight train for the final part of the song. It's a brilliantly arranged track. "Blackmail The Universe" might lack a bit in speed, but certainly isn't lacking in tension, and sounds like a twin song to "Holy Wars..." The end section of the song that ends with "all along only... another region of hell..." sends shivers through me the exact same way as the "next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away..." end part of "Holy Wars" did. The only things I don't like about the album are: The whiny, hypocritical lyrics to "Something I'm Not" (which is a great song musically), Chris Poland's solo in "Of Mice And Men" being waaay too short, and "My Kingdom" is a bit of a dull album closer. Those things aside, it's a great Megadeth album, and certainly better than the 3 albums that followed it. At least IMO.

I do think "13" does just top the previous two albums though. Even though it's worst songs are worse than anything on those 2 albums. (if you don't count the abominable re-recording of "A Tout Le Monde") But the amount of truly great material is just a touch higher. It doesn't top TSHF for me, but I think it is a very slight step back in the right direction. xD

Megadeth nowadays just don't have the desire to beat Metallica. What I mean there is not the obsession to be better than metallica. Today they are friends. Dave Mustaine is composing and playing with no ghosts and i think it shows. I still say "13" is the best of the decade for Megadeth. About Dave Mustaine singing like a girl Truth Be Told, of course it's a way of speaking (I have no problems in listening girls singing ) but Dave didn't sound great and of course knowing Megadeth, listening to that song makes me sick... The voice just doesn't fit. In my opinion male voices in heavy metal are the best. The only heavy metal band that i like and has a girl as lead vocals is Arch Enemy, and i'm not the number 1 fan.
I respect your different opinion but of course for me, it's a 6.5 maximum for TSHF.

Greets,
AndMetalForAll
----
greets,
kual21
27.10.2011 - 04:05
pisymbol

Written by AndMetalForAll on 26.10.2011 at 23:18

TSHF?? underrated? ...I think it's very well rated 6.5 or 7 ... We definitely have different tastes of good metal. Look at songs like die dead enough or truth be told( Mustaine looks like a girl singing that song)...Blackmail ... is ok it has a great first part... kick the chair is awesome (i give you that)... tears..a little bit mediocre...Back in the day ( they wish...) it's ok but nothing compared with songs like 13 or sudden death for example...Of mice and men looks like mustaine is throwing up his guts out....riffs are nothing special...solos mediocre..the only song that is pretty cool is kick the chair... i give it 6 or 7 maximum.

I listened "13" again...it's the best of the decade for megadeth.. But i respect your opinion of course...

Greets,
AndMetalForAll

I don't know what you mean by "Mustaine looks like a girl", but that isn't a valid reason for saying a song is bad! As for those songs themselves, "Die Dead Enough" wonderfully blends Megadeth's more streamlined and melodic 90's style, with the macabre edge that their 80's material had, and it sounds awesome as a result. "Truth Be Told" is a fantastic song! It simmers for just the perfect amount of time, before taking off like a freight train for the final part of the song. It's a brilliantly arranged track. "Blackmail The Universe" might lack a bit in speed, but certainly isn't lacking in tension, and sounds like a twin song to "Holy Wars..." The end section of the song that ends with "all along only... another region of hell..." sends shivers through me the exact same way as the "next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away..." end part of "Holy Wars" did. The only things I don't like about the album are: The whiny, hypocritical lyrics to "Something I'm Not" (which is a great song musically), Chris Poland's solo in "Of Mice And Men" being waaay too short, and "My Kingdom" is a bit of a dull album closer. Those things aside, it's a great Megadeth album, and certainly better than the 3 albums that followed it. At least IMO.

I do think "13" does just top the previous two albums though. Even though it's worst songs are worse than anything on those 2 albums. (if you don't count the abominable re-recording of "A Tout Le Monde") But the amount of truly great material is just a touch higher. It doesn't top TSHF for me, but I think it is a very slight step back in the right direction. xD

Megadeth nowadays just don't have the desire to beat Metallica. What I mean there is not the obsession to be better than metallica. Today they are friends. Dave Mustaine is composing and playing with no ghosts and i think it shows. I still say "13" is the best of the decade for Megadeth. About Dave Mustaine singing like a girl Truth Be Told, of course it's a way of speaking (I have no problems in listening girls singing ) but Dave didn't sound great and of course knowing Megadeth, listening to that song makes me sick... The voice just doesn't fit. In my opinion male voices in heavy metal are the best. The only heavy metal band that i like and has a girl as lead vocals is Arch Enemy, and i'm not the number 1 fan.
I respect your different opinion but of course for me, it's a 6.5 maximum for TSHF.

Greets,
AndMetalForAll

For you AMF, I went back and listened to Endgame, Thirteen, and TSHF. Yeah, we like different things in our metal which is fine.

Thirteen is slightly better than Endgame and definitely worse than TSHF in terms of direction.

Mid-temp Megadeth sucks. I am starting a movement, we can all camp out near Wall Street.

Who is with me?

EDIT: Thirteen is growing on me a bit.
27.10.2011 - 04:10
Rating: 5
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by pisymbol on 27.10.2011 at 04:05
Who is with me?

99% of Metallica fans.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.10.2011 - 15:23
pisymbol

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.10.2011 at 04:10

Who is with me?

99% of Metallica fans.

Oh that is harsh Troy, harsh....
27.10.2011 - 21:04
Saeed_p

Hail Megadeth!
Damn to LULU with the new shit!
27.10.2011 - 21:55
AndMetalForAll
kual21

Written by AndMetalForAll on 26.10.2011 at 23:18

Greets,
AndMetalForAll

Greets,
AndMetalForAll

For you AMF, I went back and listened to Endgame, Thirteen, and TSHF. Yeah, we like different things in our metal which is fine.

Thirteen is slightly better than Endgame and definitely worse than TSHF in terms of direction.

Mid-temp Megadeth sucks. I am starting a movement, we can all camp out near Wall Street.

Who is with me?

EDIT: Thirteen is growing on me a bit.

Keep listening 13 and will definitely grow on you lol... And you listened the 3 albums for me..i'm a big shot hehe lol.

I still have the same opinion as i had before...

Greets,
AndMetalForAll
----
greets,
kual21
28.10.2011 - 01:30
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
This isn't a bad album, I actually liked it, but it's not the Megadeth I'm used to and the one I want to listen to all the time. In my opinion, Endgame is a much better album than this. This is much more melodic and tbh less technical. Dave is just trying to get rid of his record label, Anthrax just want to release the shit they worked on, Metallica keep the shit wheel going (as usual) and Slayer, no one gives a shit about what they try. They probably care more about their shows these days. R. I. P. Big 4 for this year. Com'n Testament, May 2012.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
28.10.2011 - 03:32
Rating: 6
iMorphball

Album's a grower, but the drumming still pisses of off (I'm a drummer myself). Fast Lane is still horrible though. :/
28.10.2011 - 11:34
Brad-Sabbath

Could Wrecker get a bit more repetitive?
29.10.2011 - 03:05
RockeRoy

To damn bluesy for my taste, but some good songs.
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
30.10.2011 - 19:33
0_byte

Shit album
01.11.2011 - 00:05
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
Ya know... I can't say I'm super excited about this album... I woulda had it already probably... but something is just telling me not to listen...
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
01.11.2011 - 00:17
Rating: 8
JaimeLeonel

Album is good but the only thing i hate about megadeth is that shitty boring as fuck soul less drummer. dude i hate his drumming.
Mhhm edit. after a few listens, riffs are good, maybe a faster tempo and alittle heavyer, but its a good album, so i'm giving it an 8 for now.
----
k
01.11.2011 - 01:30
Snbn

Pretty boring album in my opinion. When i was listening this first time i was wishing "please, let the next song be that old trash metal fast motherfucker song" but nooooo....
01.11.2011 - 14:29
John Shock

Written by Iron Nostarion on 28.10.2011 at 01:30

This isn't a bad album, I actually liked it, but it's not the Megadeth I'm used to and the one I want to listen to all the time. In my opinion, Endgame is a much better album than this. This is much more melodic and tbh less technical. Dave is just trying to get rid of his record label, Anthrax just want to release the shit they worked on, Metallica keep the shit wheel going (as usual) and Slayer, no one gives a shit about what they try. They probably care more about their shows these days. R. I. P. Big 4 for this year. Com'n Testament, May 2012.

Yeah, i agree, but Megadeth, Slayer and Testament are one of my favorites...but i must be sincere...Testament is that band that should be on the big 4...not those "other pussies" ... sorry Megadeth, Slayer and even Anthrax ...but that's the true!
01.11.2011 - 14:47
Rating: 9
truenoacero

The only thing that i don't like of this album is the drums. The rest is really great in my opinion.
01.11.2011 - 14:59
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Bit of a hit and miss album for me. Fortunately there's a few more hits than on 'Endgame'.
01.11.2011 - 19:43
Vikingr

Not fantastic by any means but it wasn'ta bad album either.
02.11.2011 - 00:16
mgroulx

Great album work. I found it better than Endgame.
02.11.2011 - 03:18
Rating: 8
SlaytanicGonzo

Fantastic album. Only about two filler tracks in my opinion (Millenium Of The Blind and 13), rest is amazing.
Favourite tracks: Sudden Death, Public Enemy No 1, Guns Drugs And Money, Never Dead, Black Swan
Probably my favourite Megadeth album post-2002. VAMOS COLO CARAJO!
02.11.2011 - 03:30
IDieForMetal

It's one of the best metal albums of 2011
02.11.2011 - 05:50
Umideath

I don't know. Maybe I'm In a bad mood. but I can't imagine this album released by Megadeth.
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
03.11.2011 - 02:07
imspazzen

Solid album. I've only given it two spins but so far I think it's the best album they've done since Marty left. New World Order, Public Enemy No.1, Black Swan, Whose Life, and the title track are all really catchy.
03.11.2011 - 06:59
The Voyager
The Table
This is the definition of mediocrity. That's pretty much all I have to say.
03.11.2011 - 10:58
Antegujanu

Regressive path for megadeth...
03.11.2011 - 14:26
musclassia

Catchy but generic songs. from a big fan of Endgame and less so UA, this is a disappointment. However with an album consisting of 3 remade old songs and 2 video game songs, plus the least inspiring track names ever, twas hard to get too high hopes. Decent but thoroughly unspectacular, worst since TWNAH.
03.11.2011 - 23:20
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
I dont see the point of bringing the demo tracks back "New World Order" , "Millennium of the blind" .. hmm... not an awful album, but i have to admit that i didn't really enjoy it ...i'll give it a few more listens, maybe its one of those albums who need some getting used-to first, but this definitely mean that it isn't "Catchy" by any means.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
05.11.2011 - 19:38
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Zombie on 03.11.2011 at 23:20
but i have to admit that i didn't really enjoy it ...i'll give it a few more listens, maybe its one of those albums who need some getting used-to first, but this definitely mean that it isn't "Catchy" by any means.

I've heard the album a few times now, but it wasn't till yesterday when I listened to it with headphones on that it really started sounding great to me. Not the whole album though, the songs I thought were dull and boring to start with, I do still think that about them. But songs like "Public Enemy", "Whose Life..." and "Never Dead" sounded way better than I had intially thought. The good songs definitely are catchy, as I was finding myself singing along and headbanging to the good songs on the album yesterday. lol

Hits total: 45299 | This month: 64