07. New World Order
08. Fast Lane
09. Black Swan
10. Wrecker
11. Millennium Of The Blind
12. Deadly Nightshade
13. 13

Additional info
Exclusive limited vinyl edition includes Th1rt3en split across two picture-discs, retaining the correct track order. Each disc includes art from the album package as well as an exclusive album poster

Guest review by
AndMetalForAll
Rating:
2011 set big expectations for Megadeth for that year and for 2012. After huge "Big 4" shows, the return of Dave Ellefson and "the kiss and make up" between Dave Mustaine, Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield, finally two of the pioneers of thrash metal, Megadeth and Metallica are together. Certainly Th1rt3en is a great way to show the good vibes they are transmitting since 2010.

Read more ››
published 05.02.2012 | Comments (17)

Found in 52 lists
Top lists

Comments page 7 / 8

Comments: 236   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 1789 users
17.11.2011 - 00:37
Rating: 8
Mad Mike

Written by Angelic Storm on 16.11.2011 at 11:07

Written by Mad Mike on 16.11.2011 at 01:48

If anyone thinks my rating is too high... I listened to this album right after listened to lulu...

It really shouldn't bother you what anyone else thinks of your rating.

It does bother me greatly, everytime someone's opinion differs from mine, it's as if my life has no more meaning. The first time I read ultraboris's review of MoP, I cried nonstop for 3 weeks, why can't everyone in the world see things the way I see them?
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
17.11.2011 - 01:49
Rating: 9
AXA

Written by John Shock on 16.11.2011 at 12:16

Written by AXA on 16.11.2011 at 05:44

Written by John Shock on 14.11.2011 at 22:57

Written by AXA on 13.11.2011 at 01:21

Mustaine ...i think the Mustaine the godfather of all heavy trash metal this time
this album just awesome new album ...
in this album more great full tunes .. and very nice lyric
i can taste new ideas in this album .. i say this is the top heavy trash metal album this year
thanks Mustaine

I can't taste new ideas about this album and i think that mustaine is trying to sold out again, but it's just my impression, i reeealy hope that i'm wrong...besides, Dave Mustaine is my biggest inspiration and of course my favorite guitar player!

I think Th1rt3en album seem to be like Endgame album ... but there it is more new tunes with very nice and rules lyric
awesome playing guitar Mustaine with drummer Shawn Drover
and Chris Broderick awful playing in :Guns, Drugs, & Money and other songs .
i can taste this one really awesome Thrash metal album .

I must agree with you...but guns, drugs & Money is the weaker song of the album, i think he has better performances in here!

If i want talk abut the album Th1rt3en there is a more than one point we should talk abut it
if you ask abut the new ideas ..in this album i tell you abut the lyric and awesome playing every think in this album
Guns, Drugs, & Money .. just new idea and good idea in this album it need more listing i cant say this idea is the weaker song of the album ,,,and this not every think because all album is a wonderful ..my favorite songs in the album its ( Never Dead -Wrecker -Fast Lane - Public Enemy No. 1 -Sudden Death -New World Order -Deadly Nightshade - We The People -Guns, Drugs, & Money -Whose Life )
for me i listen to this album the first time in one day 8 time ..and say awesome album .. every think is complete .
17.11.2011 - 10:30
TedManowar
Account deleted
Here's a man who's faithful to himself and his fans around the globe...

After so many great albums and countless hits, he comes out with another great album...

Oh Dave, Metallica must miss you sorely. They haven't been able to put a song together since you left.

Lucky for us 'cause you are STILL AT IT !!!!!!!!!!

\m/
17.11.2011 - 19:02
Rating: 7
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
Been listening to RIP when I saw it being the number 1 metal album of all time in the beginning of 2011. And since that time followed "Th1rt3en". Listened to it a few times and bought the CD today. I think it's a great album, but just a bit to long. RIP has a good length for instance. But still the album sounds awesome! And the Solo's are freaking awesome!

The vid of Public Enemy No 1 is the funniest vid I saw in years from a Metal band. (the last was "Redneck" from Lamb of God)
18.11.2011 - 04:46
sepulkisser

Good album, but I expected much more because ENDGAME was epic!!
Anyway, Dave Mustaine is a great songwritter!!
Like said in Argentina: Megadeth, Megadeth, AGUANTE Megadeth!!
18.11.2011 - 17:42
Rating: 4
Athropos
Burning inside
Another victim of the loudness war... All songs sound the same to me.
21.11.2011 - 21:16
Night Sight

At this moment i don't enjoy it,maybe i should try more to appreciate it
but my view at this time is one step back from endgame
and i have to say public enemy no 1 and black swan are highlights of the album
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
22.11.2011 - 00:33
Mattybu

Not really digging this one, this album isn't bad but certainly not great. Kind of funny how to me New World Order is one of the best songs here also, heard in on the Youthanasia remaster first and it was even one of my favourite songs off that CD. Floating between 6 and 7/10 for this one.
22.11.2011 - 00:38
Rating: 5
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Mattybu on 22.11.2011 at 00:33
Not really digging this one, this album isn't bad but certainly not great.

But, considering what happened in the recording studio with Loutallica, this album is comparably a masterpiece so Megadave fans are overrating it.

Nice to see a fair score here for the most part though. Are we users getting more objective? Or just more cynical.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.11.2011 - 00:53
Mattybu

Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.11.2011 at 00:38

Written by Mattybu on 22.11.2011 at 00:33
Not really digging this one, this album isn't bad but certainly not great.

But, considering what happened in the recording studio with Loutallica, this album is comparably a masterpiece so Megadave fans are overrating it.

Nice to see a fair score here for the most part though. Are we users getting more objective? Or just more cynical.

Well I would give Lulu probably a 7.5-8, pushing the boundaries or art and music while staying fresh and accessible.

...Is what I would say if I was some hipster reviewer who had never listened to Metallica (or music, for that matter) before. The logic behind this one being overrated does make perfect sense.

I don't know if I am getting more objective or cynical or what really. I guess if you browsed my collection you could source out some seemingly outrageous scores but I try to just be fair based on my own personal experience with an album.
22.11.2011 - 00:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Mattybu on 22.11.2011 at 00:53
Well I would give Lulu probably a 7.5-8, pushing the boundaries or art and music while staying fresh and accessible.
...Is what I would say if I was some hipster reviewer who had never listened to Metallica (or music, for that matter) before. The logic behind this one being overrated does make perfect sense.

Oh man you had me going there for a second. I was prepared to delve into the whole "how can you say this pushes the boundaries" argument.

Thanks for making my heart skip a beat.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.11.2011 - 00:59
Mattybu

Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.11.2011 at 00:55

Thanks for making my heart skip a beat.

It's what I'm here for
30.11.2011 - 05:01
Rating: 8
thehondo

Its exactly as I thought, so it did not exceed expectations. Isn't that how we rate our bands/releases? I knew this would be a little main stream compared to Endgame. It was loaded with some heavy and complex stuff, getting our attention. Then with the massive exposure with the big 4, Megadeth strenthened their following. So Dave gave us more anthem, sing-a-long, catchy tunes, mixed in with the edgy megasignature sounds. Love it, but not their best.
----
No time like the present
28.12.2011 - 22:37
Devolution

Not that much. i have to say the track whose life sucks. Guns drugs and money, musically, is the best until now.
This is not what i expected from Megadeth for their 13th album especially after Endgame the hit.
this is a review after one time listening to the album and i have to say, I'm not impressed, which means it's not catchy at all. maybe it needs more time.:(
----
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
07.01.2012 - 23:45
Rating: 7
Good enough album
10.01.2012 - 21:08
Pedro Pereira

Cant believe this album has a 7.8...really? its musically much more interesting then the previous one and it was a 8.2 WTF is wrong with you people...this album is great just needs some 3 or 4 listenings to get into it...cmon
10.01.2012 - 21:26
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What a pointless argument, especially for a Megadeth album. It needs 3 or 4 "listenings" to get into it? Okay, maybe I missed all the complex subtleties the first two times.
----
16.01.2012 - 19:40
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Must say this was quite a let-down, I expected much more.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
16.01.2012 - 20:01
Rating: 6
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Pedro Pereira on 10.01.2012 at 21:08

Cant believe this album has a 7.8...really? its musically much more interesting then the previous one and it was a 8.2 WTF is wrong with you people...this album is great just needs some 3 or 4 listenings to get into it...cmon

well, in your case it seems almost everything is a 9 or 10. perhaps other people are rating on a more realistic scale?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.01.2012 - 22:11
Kenos
Account deleted
One of the most soulless albums of the past year. Bored me to tears.
16.01.2012 - 22:17
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 16.01.2012 at 20:01

well, in your case it seems almost everything is a 9 or 10. perhaps other people are rating on a more realistic scale?

some people don't understand that 7.8 is a good rating. It's close to 8 which means "very good".
17.01.2012 - 13:27
AndreBerte

It's a great album, one of Megadeth's best. But it isn't perfect, not even close (to overdose! - sorry, couldn't help (but end just hatig you hmm! - again)
----
Because I don't say it, don't mean I ain't thinkin' it
17.01.2012 - 20:33
Pedro Pereira

Written by BitterCOld on 16.01.2012 at 20:01

I just rate what i really like its easy...if i like it all by the same level i put the same number...why do i need to justify my ratings to you?
17.01.2012 - 22:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Pedro Pereira on 17.01.2012 at 20:33

I just rate what i really like its easy...if i like it all by the same level i put the same number...why do i need to justify my ratings to you?

because you are calling into question the rating of the album, and thus the ratings of overs. this, in turn, draws attention to how you score albums.

your "9" might simply be "8" to most other users, and somewhere between good and average to folks like me.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.01.2012 - 23:57
Pedro Pereira

Written by BitterCOld on 17.01.2012 at 22:00

Written by Pedro Pereira on 17.01.2012 at 20:33

because you are calling into question the rating of the album, and thus the ratings of overs. this, in turn, draws attention to how you score albums.

your "9" might simply be "8" to most other users, and somewhere between good and average to folks like me.

why do you consider yourself the reason in all this...are you saying what? that the previous album is better then this one....cmon give me your reasons...i want opinions not some cheat talk about who is the best guy in ratings...the rating system is an opinion i like this one i like that one...i like thirteen more then endgame its more solid work..but i like the two...me ratings aren't so badi think...i rate 10 the ones that keep me playing the whole album for weeks, 9 the ones that i can hear for a week or two in a row,8 the one week. etc etc thats how i do things you r not satisfied whit that your problem
18.01.2012 - 00:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
You are talking to the wrong guy. i haven't been impressed by a megadeth album since i raced to the store to get Countdown To Extinction... and was as disappointed as i was by the black album. boring and dumbed down.

i've given his releases of the 00's listens through, and while full of solos and whatnot, just seem a pale, boring comparison to what the band used to be. i haven't spun them 3-4 or more times because they don't stir any emotions in me that make me want to listen again and again. and it's not deep/complex stuff that needs a dozen listens to be "unlocked", either.

i have my nice big playlists for genre by year and compared to the other various 2011 thrash releases spotify has on file, it's perhaps the least impressive of the bunch, depending upon what songs comes up and what song off the latest Anthrax has come up most recently. as much as i prefer 80s thrash to current re-hash, the youngsters kicked the tar out of the forefathers this year.

i guess megadave is a lot like star wars... their 80's stuff is like the original flicks, the 90's stuff is like the fancy remakes that dumb down the originals and try to cash in more $$, and the 2000 on releases are like the prequels. lots of flash, but just don't have the grit that the originals did.
----

19.01.2012 - 01:05
Pedro Pereira

Written by BitterCOld on 18.01.2012 at 00:11

You are talking to the wrong guy. i haven't been impressed by a megadeth album since i raced to the store to get Countdown To Extinction... and was as disappointed as i was by the black album. boring and dumbed down.

i've given his releases of the 00's listens through, and while full of solos and whatnot, just seem a pale, boring comparison to what the band used to be. i haven't spun them 3-4 or more times because they don't stir any emotions in me that make me want to listen again and again. and it's not deep/complex stuff that needs a dozen listens to be "unlocked", either.

i have my nice big playlists for genre by year and compared to the other various 2011 thrash releases spotify has on file, it's perhaps the least impressive of the bunch, depending upon what songs comes up and what song off the latest Anthrax has come up most recently. as much as i prefer 80s thrash to current re-hash, the youngsters kicked the tar out of the forefathers this year.

i guess megadave is a lot like star wars... their 80's stuff is like the original flicks, the 90's stuff is like the fancy remakes that dumb down the originals and try to cash in more $$, and the 2000 on releases are like the prequels. lots of flash, but just don't have the grit that the originals did.

ok i have do agree just because yes the 80s were better...till rust in piece they were really the best, for me. and for the other side Darth Vader is always Darth Vader lol
25.01.2012 - 03:03
NLthrasher

Written by BitterCOld on 18.01.2012 at 00:11

Aj, this is about the worst example to make a point that I have seen on this site so far...
25.01.2012 - 05:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by NLthrasher on 25.01.2012 at 03:03

Aj, this is about the worst example to make a point that I have seen on this site so far...

you must be new. or (far worse), like the prequels.
----

25.01.2012 - 05:16
NLthrasher

Written by BitterCOld on 25.01.2012 at 05:09

Written by NLthrasher on 25.01.2012 at 03:03

you must be new. or (far worse), like the prequels.

So? You make no point here.

And just for the record, yes I'm kind of new here and I like each of the Star Wars movies.

Hits total: 45303 | This month: 68