Metal Storm logo
Hard songs to play

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 20:06
So, what songs out there do you think are the hardest to play and why?

As everyone knows, I think that technical metal, progressive metal bands compose songs that are extremely difficult to emmulate..I actually don't know of many bands that cover progressive metal, at least not here where I live...even if they did, they only ever wind up covering one..I'm not talking about well-known bands here...I'm talking about bands that you guys are in...so yea, what songs do you think are the hardest to play? Also, a lot of death metal/black metal riffs seem pretty difficult...and speed metal...I dunno...
23.07.2008 - 12:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 23.07.2008 at 09:08

To Tame a Land. im working on painkiller right now, not hard but its fun

To Tame a Land is hard on the bass? i didn't notice that lol, but Painkiller, like every other Priest song, is pretty easy on the bass.

@anyone there was one song by Dimmu Borgir where at one point, there were some REAL FAST AS SHIT bass drums. can anyone help me with that?
24.07.2008 - 00:19
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 23.07.2008 at 12:15

Written by LeChron James on 23.07.2008 at 09:08

To Tame a Land. im working on painkiller right now, not hard but its fun

To Tame a Land is hard on the bass? i didn't notice that lol, but Painkiller, like every other Priest song, is pretty easy on the bass.

@anyone there was one song by Dimmu Borgir where at one point, there were some REAL FAST AS SHIT bass drums. can anyone help me with that?

to tame a land isnt so much hard as it is fast. and i play with my fingers so it makes for a more enjoyable time. and i think the dimmu song youre looking for is "The Chosen Legacy" off of In Sorte Diaboli.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.07.2008 - 10:06
Lord TJ

Hard songs to play......

Speed Metal Symphony.
Nuff said.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
24.07.2008 - 10:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 24.07.2008 at 00:19

to tame a land isnt so much hard as it is fast. and i play with my fingers so it makes for a more enjoyable time. and i think the dimmu song youre looking for is "The Chosen Legacy" off of In Sorte Diaboli.

well, you're right, it is fast as hell, but i wasn't thinking about that one, it was one with a drum intro, and the drums weren't as hardcore throughout the song, but there was one point where they go light-speed..
20.02.2009 - 13:28
Emperial_Death

Well i guess , the hardest songs to play , are like the one that are fast as hell , like yngwie mlamsteen songs or jason becker, and the classical songs like moonlight sonata from beethoven and Rondo alla' turca from Mozart
----
''Support Music Not Rumors'' C.S.
21.03.2009 - 09:31
Frankenchrist

Jimi Hendrix-Little Wing

Have you seen the tabs for that shit? It's all over the fuckin' place
----
Blat Blat
17.04.2009 - 13:59
TormentoR.

Anyone tried Hangar 18?
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
17.04.2009 - 16:35
-Soulreaper-

Written by TormentoR. on 17.04.2009 at 13:59

Anyone tried Hangar 18?

I have tried it on the guitar. Im still working on the solos but they are difficult as shit to learn. The rest is not to bad.

Symphony X songs are pretty hard as shit to learn.
17.04.2009 - 16:37
TormentoR.

Written by -Soulreaper- on 17.04.2009 at 16:35

Anyone tried Hangar 18?

I have tried it on the guitar. Im still working on the solos but they are difficult as shit to learn. The rest is not to bad.

Maybe the riffs aint hard but the solos are pretty much hardcore as far as i know its one of the hardest solos
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
17.04.2009 - 16:43
-Soulreaper-

Written by TormentoR. on 17.04.2009 at 16:37

Anyone tried Hangar 18?

Maybe the riffs aint hard but the solos are pretty much hardcore as far as i know its one of the hardest solos

Well, there are like 3 solos in it and ive been trying them but my fingers just get all tangled up. Dont know what I can do to help me learn them but it is pretty difficult.
10.05.2009 - 05:52
peirateis

I recently wrote a song that's a bitch to play for me. As for other stuff, I have a lot of trouble with Blackened and Dyers Eve for some reason.
26.05.2009 - 14:49
Faust

Written by -Soulreaper- on 17.04.2009 at 16:43

Written by TormentoR. on 17.04.2009 at 16:37

Anyone tried Hangar 18?

Well, there are like 3 solos in it and ive been trying them but my fingers just get all tangled up. Dont know what I can do to help me learn them but it is pretty difficult.

I'm starting to learn Hangar 18 and as TormentoR said the riffs are actualy easy but the solos are giving me some hard time both to memorize and play. Just taking a look at the entire tab makes me think two times lol ... but challenges always fun and satisfied in the end.

@Soulreaper: What i usualy do is learn it and mechanize it at a slower speed after that i just increase the tempo, sometimes i do it even without notice it, if i have any doubt about a single note its enough to mess up all the solo.
----
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you are dead"