Poll

Where you more like Chris Barnes in Cannibal Corpse or Six Feet Under

Cannibal Corpse
Six Feet Under

Total votes: 71
04.11.2010 - 19:39
Immortal SEP
Account deleted
Surely all well don't you know, that the Chris Barnes present singer bands Six Feet Under before sang in Cannibal Corpse.
I'm was rather when Chris sang in Cannibal Corpse. Six Feet Under already drag behind, though is that a consistent music, but for me slow.
04.11.2010 - 19:42
vezzy
Stallmanite
He was best in Cannibal Corpse and the early Six Feet Under albums. Later on both his vocals and SFU's music declined in quality, although it never was particularly great to begin with.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
04.11.2010 - 19:49
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Cannibal corpse by far. surely a great role on my decision plays the much higher quillity of cannibal comparing them to six feet and this is not only because of barnes but also because webster and probably others too. but what barnes did with CC was something pretty awesome as they recorded 4 completely different death metal albums with him! also his experimenting on growls with CC is something nice too.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.11.2010 - 20:16
Dani5050
I like Chris in CC and in Haunted, after that he started to decline.
04.11.2010 - 21:22
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
I though that everybody know that Chris was only good when he was in CC, although he had some great moments in SFU, but come on CC he ruled the DM scene back in the CC days.
04.11.2010 - 23:43
Mikrokosmos
Account deleted
I don't like CC, whoever the singer is. As for Six Feet Under, I love "warpath", "haunted" and "bringer of blood" and dislike the rest.
05.11.2010 - 06:08
CliffemAll
Love both, but come on--has to be Cannibal Corpse. His voice was so much more powerful when he was younger. Still love Six Feet, but his Cannibal days were the better ones.
05.11.2010 - 10:11
Horus
Better in CC, great work on lives; like Moscow 93
05.11.2010 - 11:37
Tatras
Cannibal Corpse with no doubt. It was much better music (and still is with "Corpsegrinder") and Barnes voice was more powerful. Choice is simple for me. six Feet Under comparing to Cannibal Corpse is patchetic but this is opinion not for this topic.
05.11.2010 - 13:40
Almost no contest in my opinion. I don't hate Six Feet Under like many people do, but they only seem to have a few good albums. But, the first four Cannibal Corpse albums are better than anything Six Feet Under have done.
06.11.2010 - 00:00
wormdrink414
Elite
Tomb of the Mutilated wins it for Cannibal Corpse. But I'm no fan of Chris Barnes in general. I got to meet the current CC line-up, and the drummer made it a point to tell my fellow slobbering fans and I how big a douche Barnes is. I met another dude in Portland who claimed that Barnes stole his weed back in the early 90s. So. There you go.
06.11.2010 - 01:49
Winterthrone
Six Feet under sucks IMO, I liked Chris barnes' vocals when he was with CC...
07.11.2010 - 10:58
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 04.11.2010 at 23:43

I don't like CC, whoever the singer is. As for Six Feet Under, I love "warpath", "haunted" and "bringer of blood" and dislike the rest.

so if you dont like them and dont listen to them how can you compare Barnes vocals on both?
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
07.11.2010 - 14:35
Mikrokosmos
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 07.11.2010 at 10:58

so if you dont like them and dont listen to them how can you compare Barnes vocals on both?

Saying "I don't like" doesn't mean I've never listened to them. I listened to everything before stating I didn't like it. When I said "whoever the singer is" I meant whether the singer is Barnes or Corpse ^^.
07.11.2010 - 18:41
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 07.11.2010 at 14:35

Saying "I don't like" doesn't mean I've never listened to them. I listened to everything before stating I didn't like it. When I said "whoever the singer is" I meant whether the singer is Barnes or Corpse ^^.

ok then, i got it the wrong way!
----
07.11.2010 - 21:21
Mikrokosmos
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 07.11.2010 at 18:41

Written by Guest on 07.11.2010 at 14:35

ok then, i got it the wrong way!

no problem
07.11.2010 - 22:44
SlaytanicGonzo
CC, no contest. Even though I prefer Corpsegrinder, Barnes voice is a little too repetitive in my opinion. But he had a great powerful voice, in Six Feet Under he sounds so weak and forced (although their earlier albums are decent)
08.11.2010 - 18:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Vocally, he was miles better in CC. I think too much of the old "Mary Jane" really messed up his vocal chords. On "Eaten Back To Life" he sounded like a cannibal beast, which was just perfect! The lows he achieved on the following two albums were almost sub-humanly low. A vocal style that many death metal vocalists have tried to imitate since. xD "The Bleeding" is his best overall vocal performance, and the one I like best. I didn't really like his first two albums with Six Feet, and by the time that band started making albums I really enjoyed, his voice was already showing signs of being shot. Its a shame, cos at his best, his death growls were powerful and menacing.
08.11.2010 - 21:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
This was easy because i absoulutly hate six feet under
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.01.2011 - 21:44
I hate Cannibal Corpse. At least Chris tried something new with Six Feet Under. Cannibal Corpse hasn't progressed at all in my opinion.

If you don't believe me, listen to SFU's newest album Death Rituals and check out all the new things they do on songs like Death By Machete, which has a melodic intro. I doubt Cannibal Corpse would ever have the balls to try something like that.
29.01.2011 - 21:43
Six Feet Under zzzzz.....
Cannibal Corpse ))

His stuff with CC was really good and his vocals on the Bleeding are fantastic!
----

[image]
30.01.2011 - 19:52
soadbyob
Account deleted
Corpse of course! I love SFU but, they get real old real quick, and covering every single song ruins a lot for me.
03.02.2011 - 16:11
TST.LP
Written by Guest on 04.11.2010 at 19:39

Surely all well don't you know, that the Chris Barnes present singer bands Six Feet Under before sang in Cannibal Corpse.
I'm was rather when Chris sang in Cannibal Corpse. Six Feet Under already drag behind, though is that a consistent music, but for me slow.

Yeah, agree
----
[align=center][/align]
07.03.2011 - 13:18
dead
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 07.11.2010 at 22:44

CC, no contest. Even though I prefer Corpsegrinder, Barnes voice is a little too repetitive in my opinion. But he had a great powerful voice, in Six Feet Under he sounds so weak and forced (although their earlier albums are decent)

im sorry i jsut have to say that you finding a repetativeness in Barnes but not in corpsegrinder?
this is a bit baffleing to me...
CC is my favorite band but all the reasons they are my favorite is becuase of every album and only every album realeased with Barnes 91-94 era... george comes off to me a bit dull and sorta dusty draub. Barnes has an intense gurgle and contrasting low grunts and insane high screams, and his voice its self sounds almost like 3 differant voices layerd on top of eachother, its very very dimensional and textured to me, where as corpsegrinder has the same open throat, belting diaphram roars. he dosnt ever change his stance or delivery, its always the same puffed chest, chin down, jaw droped and lips belled out,and chris changed up weather it was from his gut or troat and he changed the tightness of his diaphram and lips and jaws causing differant vocal effects. if u listen to every song george every sang with them in a row real fast, it will all sound like one song.

i am a fan of george as well as chris, but for completly differant reasons
07.03.2011 - 13:29
dead
Written by wormdrink414 on 06.11.2010 at 00:00

Tomb of the Mutilated wins it for Cannibal Corpse. But I'm no fan of Chris Barnes in general. I got to meet the current CC line-up, and the drummer made it a point to tell my fellow slobbering fans and I how big a douche Barnes is. I met another dude in Portland who claimed that Barnes stole his weed back in the early 90s. So. There you go.

im compelled to say Tomb Of The Mutilated is my favorite album of all time period. i never met another person who likes Tomb the best out of Cannible corpses discography, let alone out of all discographies ever created by any band. so when i saw this it made my soul smile. im an obsessivly devoted fan of Chris barnes becuase of htomb of the mutilated alone, and when watching chris barnes video blogs and interveiws ill admit he dose radiate some douche-ness but i cant fathom him beinng bad enough for the drummer to tell a random fan thow horrible and douchey some guy is who hasnt had nothin to do with anyof them really in like 16 17 years. ive tried to find the whoel story of the barnes corpse break up but the only thing i could find was how mush everyone constantly fought and argued with him and alex saying there is positivly no chance of them ever working together again. i like to think that chris has a little bit to much personalitry for them to handle for extended periods of time.
15.03.2011 - 14:27
Beheaded Prophet
Account deleted
Chris Barnes from the CC era of course, especially the Tomb of the Mutilated album, His growls began to suck when he started Six Feet Under.

I find Six Feet Under ultra boring anyway.
15.03.2011 - 16:25
JD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 04.11.2010 at 19:49

Cannibal corpse by far. surely a great role on my decision plays the much higher quillity of cannibal comparing them to six feet and this is not only because of barnes but also because webster and probably others too. but what barnes did with CC was something pretty awesome as they recorded 4 completely different death metal albums with him! also his experimenting on growls with CC is something nice too.

Agreed, but SFU not that bad i like some songs.
15.03.2011 - 21:39
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 15.03.2011 at 16:25

i never said they are that bad! i just said that CC with barnes where really awesome!
----
16.03.2011 - 13:05
JD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 15.03.2011 at 21:39

i never said they are that bad! i just said that CC with barnes where really awesome!

Technically you didn't say that but you said "Cannibal Corpse by far".
16.03.2011 - 19:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 16.03.2011 at 13:05

Written by Deadmeat on 15.03.2011 at 21:39

Technically you didn't say that but you said "Cannibal Corpse by far".

yeah you are right on the fact that i said great words about CC, but wrong about SFU cause i never said anything bad about them!
----