Metal Storm logo
Favourite song on Master Of Puppets?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 08.11.2010 - 09:29
This is simple.. what is your favourite song on this legendary album, master of puppets. I myself would choose Battery as its just awesome, is extremely memorable, and is in general a great song! Whats your choice?

Poll

What is your favourite song on Master Of Puppets?

Master Of Puppets
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Orion
Battery
Disposable Heroes
Damage, Inc.
The Thing That Should Not Be
Leper Messiah

Total votes: 232
11.11.2010 - 01:34
elseif
Leper messiah deserves some love tbh :p
12.11.2010 - 00:08
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by elseif on 11.11.2010 at 01:34

yeah, wow. can't believe it's on the last spot. those basslines are awesome.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
12.11.2010 - 02:21
whatsacow
I'm going with disposable heroes, simply for the power and sheer awesomeness of the melody line.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
28.11.2010 - 18:40
Its master of puppets cause it has all the heavy fast and thrash metal elements! plus amazing solo
20.12.2010 - 16:18
bandido
Love them all but Damage inc. is defenitely my favourite !
----
"Rockin' every single piece of metal..."
21.12.2010 - 17:32
GeoJK
I've always felt Leper Messiah has been overlooked on Master of Puppets. Also, Damage Inc. has always held a soft spot for me. Another interesting Metallica-related question might be which acoustic album intro is better: Battery on MoP or Fight Fire With Fire on RtL?
21.12.2010 - 17:39
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) all the way for me.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
24.12.2010 - 03:09
Richard
elite
The Thing That Should Not Be got my vote. It's one of my favourite Metallica songs hands down, although it's not instantly accessible and initially maybe doesn't stand out, it totally stands the test of time. It has quite an ominous feel, and is fairly slow and heavy, and lyrically it's clearly inspired by H.P. Lovecraft who's one of my favourite authors (although to be fair I didn't start reading Lovecraft until years after I first heard this album!)
----
29.12.2010 - 10:53
immortal83
I cannot say my favourite, but i can say my less favourite: Welcome Home, over rated song....
13.01.2011 - 06:40
Jacko
My preferences:
1. Master Of Puppets
2. Orion (one of my favourite instrumentals)
3. Disposable Heroes
4. Battery
5. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
6. Damage Inc.
6. Leper Messiah (equally as good as Damage Inc.)
7. The Thing That Should Not Be (on this album)
26.01.2011 - 12:56
BattleAxe
"Face the thing that should not be"
----
"Metal for life"
29.01.2011 - 05:11
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Leper Messiah. I don't know. I just love it.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
01.02.2011 - 17:56
Rebel Monster
Fucking Battery!!!

But serious all songs on this album, kick arse
----
Bad English :p
05.02.2011 - 12:54
marouco
All of them..but choosed Master of Puppets
08.03.2011 - 17:19
barcano1
I think it is "Orion", a great instrumetal metal song.
----
"Nothing lasts forever.
Everything is dust in the wind..."

For rock music: Siemens SL45 + Sony MDR-E737LP/Grado SR80 \m/
17.03.2011 - 04:54
Void_Eater
Account deleted
In order, it would be

Master of Puppets- Those opening riffs are just legendary, Hetfield'sn solo during the clean part, while not technical, is very enjoyable, and that chorus just makes you wanna sing and bang your head like few other songs can manage
Dissposable Heros
Battery
Damage Inc.-These four songs are all fine and dandy, although if damage inc. didn't have that boring intro it would go above Battery

Orion
Sanitarium
TTTSNB
Leper Messiah- Orion and Sanitarium are decent, albeit nothing special, TTTSNB is a boring attempt at doom, and Leper Messiah is possibly the worst song in Metallica's early years.

All in all a very ovverated album though. The title track is the only song here worthy of legendary status. Battery and Damage Inc. thrash along fine enough, but so do a thousand other thrashers from the 80's. Sanitarium pales in comparison to Fade to Black and One, and Orion drags on for far to long. Damage Inc. is a fine song, but still nothing legendary.
23.03.2011 - 20:06
blacktooth85
Damage Inc. or The Thing That Should Not Be are my personal favorites. The title track gets too damn repetitive and it's so goddamn overplayed.
24.03.2011 - 10:03
rudski
After seeing them live I would have to say the Thing that should not be with orion a close second
26.04.2011 - 22:30
Ghostdancer
That's hard to choose. I love every song on this album. I had to go with Damage Inc. though. I love how its fast and aggressive and then James Hetfield just whispers "damage incorporated."
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
30.04.2011 - 03:11
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Mmm like the whole album it's hard to choose but I'm going with: Welcome home (Sanitarium)
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
20.05.2011 - 16:05
Razorback
Hard to choose,whole album is great but my favorites are Battery and Master Of Puppets.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
04.12.2011 - 17:22
Nemo Atkins
I practically worship "Welcome Home (Sanitatium)", so you can probably guess which one I went for.

That said, the first two tracks on the album ("Battery" and "Master of Puppets") and "Orion" are also frequently listened to. For some reason, I never really liked the other four enough to consider it their greatest album (although, admittedly, I haven't listened to them much: I've always ran straight to those four tracks when I wanted to listen to the album and only play the whole album when bored late at night).
05.12.2011 - 19:29
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by elseif on 11.11.2010 at 01:34

I agree, its probably my favorite song on this album besides Damage Inc.
07.12.2011 - 22:21
Joppe
Steelemeister
MoP. Never liked this album though
----
My vision is augmented
09.12.2011 - 13:30
edgethrasherx
Damage inc. So much power and the lyrics are amazing!
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
16.10.2012 - 17:47
Yossarian
My vote is "Master", in spite "Orion" that could be my favourite metal instrumental. "Leper Messiah" is also a great one for me and "Disposable heroes" and "Sanitarium". I remember that when I first listen this album in my fifteens I preferred the speedy ones "Battery" and "Damage inc" above all and some time later taste changed -also in Ride the lightning with "Trapped" and "Fight fire"- and I really enjoy better Metallica middle tempos than their speedy ones. However, as from "Load" I can't stand them any longer even they try to change back lately -I don't like "Rock"-
21.10.2012 - 00:17
gav1230
Leper messiah an the thing that should not be are the best on this album, not sure what everyone has against them :/
24.10.2012 - 14:30
ToMegaTherion
A true classic of metal and music is Puppets... as for my favorite song, the title song is very hard to go past.
28.10.2012 - 09:34
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
It's been a while since i've listened to this album, having lost interest in Metallica, but I remember loving the song "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" along with "Leper Messiah" and "Damage Inc."
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
17.01.2014 - 18:42
For me:

1. Leper Messiah
2. Disposable Heroes
3. Orion
4. Master Of Puppets
5. Damage Inc.
6. The Thing That Shold Not Be
7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
8. Battery