Metal Storm logo
Best Wintersun Song

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 30.08.2006 - 14:47
I just love this band, and I wanna know what you're thinking about them!

I love the song "death and the healing" because the depth of the song..the lyrics are wonderful and the music is so calming...

Poll

Wich is your favourite wintersun song?

Death And The Healing
Starchild
Beyond The Dark Sun
Battle Against Time
Winter Madness
Beautiful Death
Sadness And Hate
Sleeping Stars

Total votes: 355
24.09.2006 - 22:28
Mariela.
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Freezer on 11.09.2006 at 11:03

Written by Guest on 30.08.2006 at 14:47

I just love this band, and I wanna know what you're thinking about them!

I love the song "death and the healing" because the depth of the song..the lyrics are wonderful and the music is so calming...
i agree, i adore that song, listened to it 3-4 times during my journey back home from holiday

yes, i've done the same thing :p and still i can't get enough of it it's almoust kind of scary how one can like a song like that =)
26.09.2006 - 17:59
Tydirium
Account deleted
Sleeping Stars for sure owns the other tracks. But I also love
Winter Madness and Beyond the Black Sun... It's difficult to
decide for a single fav song of a band to my mind
26.09.2006 - 20:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
For me it is 'Starchild', for both the screams 'Starchild' and 'Foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever'.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.09.2006 - 20:50
Vrana
Damn, this question is a hard one. I enjoy in all their songs and I can't wait to heir their new album.
I voted for Starchild. Like Nervel said, those two scrams are just so beautiful for me, I always like to hear them.
But I also wanted to vote for Sadness and Hate. This song is the first song I've heard from them, and because of it's ending I started to listen to Wintersun: "I GIVE MY LIFE TO YOU" for me, this is the best ending of all songs.
I also wanted to vote for death and the healing, a great song too. Maybe even better then Starchild...
27.09.2006 - 22:09
Freezer
i'm getting quite addicted to this disc, this thing happened to me only with a few others (Imaginations from the OtherSide and The Mantle, among the others), great great job by Wintersun
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
21.10.2006 - 23:42
Talvi
Starchild, of course. Because it's more complex, more different. And because has different parts. And ok, because of the screams xD
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
22.10.2006 - 08:51
SerpentsBlood
Account deleted
Written by Dark_Meteor on 04.09.2006 at 19:42

I'm going for Beautiful Death, because that song is so damn amazing. I love the lyrics, riffs, the solo, just about everything. Wintersun just kicks ass!

I'd have to agree with you. Every song by Wintersun is amazing but, Beautfiul Death is majestic. That song is amazing when you're walking at 6:30 in the morning before the sun rises.
23.10.2006 - 23:23
Necrophobia
Account deleted
jari is god! i mean the whole band is absolutely amazing... can't wait for noew album
24.10.2006 - 15:47
Mariela.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.10.2006 at 23:23

jari is god! i mean the whole band is absolutely amazing... can't wait for noew album

neither can i , but now we'll have to wait for an other half year..it's very sad that the cd will be delayed a half year more =/
28.10.2006 - 13:09
FOOCK Nam
oh my god, the track Death and the healing indeed do appeal me, so decent of lyric and melody. I listened to it back and forth so many times. Last time I voted for Battle Against Time, this time I vote for Death And The Healing.
02.11.2006 - 00:40
Elvenspell
Death And The Healing is my favorite...very good shit
----
Don't take life too seriously...no one gets out alive...
02.11.2006 - 06:38
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
Battle Against Time anyday! Love that song, second Starchild and third Beautiful Death.
08.11.2006 - 17:21
PetR
Account deleted
this band owns... but i'm not surprised, half of the lineup comes from ensiferum, i mean the old ensiferum without petri lindroos... can't await "time" to come to stores!!!
08.11.2006 - 17:36
Warman
Erotic Stains
Off topic/wrong thread or what PetR

I can't believe my favourite song is almost last! Sleeping Stars is the best! Please vote! Get real!!!
----
08.11.2006 - 19:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i like starchild-i actually discovered it while on my playlist, it was the first song,since it was miss-spelled ",starchild" and i forgot to turn shuffle on and that opening riff started-wonderful!!
09.11.2006 - 23:18
Slottet av Take
Account deleted
Starchild is just about the most complete and magnificent piece of metal ever written...
01.12.2006 - 13:56
SirHooke
I voted Sadness And Hate but there seems to be only one person who agrees with me
But Starchild comes in second for me; but hell, they're all awesome
02.12.2006 - 03:47
Daru Jericho
Too hard to decide, seeing as my favourite track changes so damn often. Originally it was 'Beautiful Death', then 'Starchild' and now its 'Winter Madness'. So...I'll put WM on the poll. I love the frenzied nature of that song.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.12.2006 - 14:11
FOOCK Nam
Winter Madness is also really good song, agressive and epic, I consider this song is the best of guitar solo above all tracks in the album
06.12.2006 - 05:15
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
I'm gonna have to go with Beautiful Death, there's just something about it that makes me keep listening to it over and over.
09.12.2006 - 12:20
AssassiNation
Account deleted
I love all these songs, but I voted for Death And The Healing, because solo of this song influenced me to write my own solo.
14.12.2006 - 07:34
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Every song is amazing, that is what makes Wintersun such a great band. They are probably my favorite band of all time for the fact that Jari is a melodic genius.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
14.12.2006 - 12:11
Eternal Flames
Indeed every song on the album is really amazing and it is quite hard to choose just one song. My favourite songs on the album are Winter Madness, Battle Against Time, Starchild and Death And The Healing. Though I voted for Battle Against Time. Out of all their tracks, I find myself listening to that particular one the most. It was the first one I heard of the album and it has remained a favourite.
16.12.2006 - 06:55
Seraphim
Account deleted
For me, my personal favourite is Winter Madness. The solo is absolutely outstanding. Jari is godly. Second favourite song must be either Battle Against Time or Death and the Healing. However, Beyond the Dark Sun will always be a special one, the first song I heard by Wintersun about a year ago. ^_^ That was a good day
16.12.2006 - 13:54
Milan
Account deleted
All the songs are great endeed, but Death and the Healing is my personel favourite and is the favourite of most of you as i can see by the voting.
25.12.2006 - 15:29
baldur
battle against time is just a gorgeous song i love the beginning:
oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooohhhhhoooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh
09.01.2007 - 09:21
purpura
Account deleted
ah.. this was very hard for me, i love them all, but i picked sleeping stars, then i have to say starchild and sadness and hate.
the whole album is great.
16.02.2007 - 01:15
Ultraraw
Account deleted
These guys know what they are doing.I am not a huge fan.
I voted for Beyond The Dark Sun.
23.02.2007 - 16:13
orc001
Account deleted
Wintersun is my favorite band :$
My favorite song used to be beautiful death and before that it was Death and the Healing.
Now it is probably Winter Madness because i love the solo at 2:45.
24.02.2007 - 00:47
Thought.
A Dying God
Amazing musicianship by Jari Mäenpää, Their debut album is going to be hard to top, i'm interested in what they can throw at us. Still waiting on a North American tour, I would love to see them live.

I chose "Starchild", although it was a toss between that and "Death and the Healing", every song is stellar in my opinion. One of the best albums to come through, recently.
----
There is no God but the one that dies with me. I have no life but the one I take with me to the grave. We come into this world alone. And we will die on our own. I live. I die. Ain Elohim.