06. In Bloodred Shades
07. Shades Of Grey
08. On The Edge Of Sanity
09. The Black Brigade
10. Vanity For Sale [iTunes bonus]

Guest review by
demonsarising
Rating:
Of the Scandinavian countries, it is possible to think that Denmark is the country in the least regard. The other countries have sources of renown like the Oslo Accords, The Nobel Prizes, Gothenburg, Sweden even has a sub-genre named after it. Most people who chew tobacco probably couldn't tell you where Copenhagen is, so the best thing going for Denmark is Hamlet, though while being arguably the best play ever written, is about four hundred years old. However, if something is rotten in the state of Denmark, it isn't the metal.

Read more ››
published 20.06.2011 | Comments (6)

Found in 11 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 31   Visited by: 492 users
12.11.2010 - 10:33
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Funny name for the first album after a complete re-lineup of the band. Kinda like Trail Of Tears' Existentia.
----
12.11.2010 - 19:43
Rating: 5
hadriel
Not sure whether I should be super excited or wary about this release. The past few Mercenary releases have been pretty good, but 11 Dreams was far superior. Just like the departure of Kral seemed to hurt their energy and unique sound, I'm worried that this release may be hindered by the lack of the Sandager brothers. Hope they can pull it off.
12.11.2010 - 22:16
Thanntos
You guys should check out some footage from the recording studios on YouTube, showing a bit of what they have in store for this next album. From what I saw, It should be pretty damn awesome.

Also, The Hours That Remain was a monster album and one of my favs of the decade.
----
I will kill you so hard you will die to death.
19.01.2011 - 11:31
.Sound
New song is up on their myspace, The Follower!
09.02.2011 - 21:44
Rating: 8
ChrisWinther
The new Mercenary is fucking sweet!
24.02.2011 - 17:07
Aeonfrost
Release date tomorrow,hope it will be a good one.
25.02.2011 - 13:40
iliasvas13
Account deleted
Great album! A big surprise for me!
26.02.2011 - 21:42
Rating: 7
Blindearth
The line-up and composing ability will never be the same again since the glory days of 11 dreams!
Metamorphosis is just a fine album.
28.02.2011 - 10:16
Rating: 6
Very curious about this one... but I can't help but think of Tankard each time I see their name somewhere. "Carefully, carefully, theMercenaryTheMercenaryTheMercenary!!! "
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
02.03.2011 - 00:09
MechanisT
Account deleted
My first ever album from Mercenary, and I've to say I'm impressed! the vocals, in particular, oozes energy! The songs, when done perfectly, could seriously set any live shows on fire!
02.03.2011 - 22:28
Aeonfrost
Written by Guest on 02.03.2011 at 00:09

My first ever album from Mercenary, and I've to say I'm impressed! the vocals, in particular, oozes energy! The songs, when done perfectly, could seriously set any live shows on fire!

Listen to 11 Dreams, and u can find out what mercenary is all about.
02.03.2011 - 22:31
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Aeonfrost on 02.03.2011 at 22:28

Listen to 11 Dreams, and u can find out what mercenary is all about.

Will do.
04.03.2011 - 09:32
Rating: 3
Bizzaremifo
I´m sorry guys, but this album is truly shit for me. Harsh vocal parts are quite good, riffs as well....but everything is falling down when singer starts sing clean vocal...horibble, boring and stupid ... damn i hate these parts...
04.03.2011 - 10:17
While I've always found their albums a bit samey and inconsistent (though 11 Dreams has some top-notch stuff!), I did not like this at all. Not giving a rating as I couldn't make it through the whole thing. Sorry...
04.03.2011 - 14:25
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
Not bad this one. Pretty consistent progression from the architect, despite the lineup change. Turns out René can sing in a voice pretty similar to Mikkels. You hardly hear the difference in the clean vocals. Still don't like his hardcore style but it's not too obstrusive. Definitely a better listen than The Hours That Remain.
----
06.03.2011 - 00:51
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Its alright I guess. The songs have some nice structures and some pretty nice catchiness, but thats all its got. I feel like every song sounds the same and they could have just tried to be more focused than progressive and it would have worked out better for them in the long run.
06.03.2011 - 03:39
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite

I personally found the Architect of Lies a stronger album than 11 Dreams. The vocals there are better.
----
loves 小巫
06.03.2011 - 04:56
Rating: 4
Wyrd
This was is a very solid work, but the amazing emotion and uniqe style from Everblack and 11 Dreams is even further away then the last two albums. This sounds no different then most other Melo death works
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
06.03.2011 - 14:48
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 06.03.2011 at 03:39

I personally found the Architect of Lies a stronger album than 11 Dreams. The vocals there are better.

You mean Metamorphosis, right?
06.03.2011 - 16:52
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 14:48

nope, I meant what I said actually. I know most would disagree with me, but I personally found Architect Of Lies > 11 Dreams > Metamorphosis
----
loves 小巫
06.03.2011 - 17:42
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 06.03.2011 at 16:52

Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 14:48

nope, I meant what I said actually. I know most would disagree with me, but I personally found Architect Of Lies > 11 Dreams > Metamorphosis

Hmmm, it's hard for me to compare 11 Dreams to Metamorphosis, I mean, their latest offering is modern-Gothenberg-esque, whereas 11 Dreams reminds me of the In Flames of yore, especially The Jester Race era...I haven't heard Architect Of Lies, so can't really comment on that...
06.03.2011 - 18:00
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 17:42

Hmmm, it's hard for me to compare 11 Dreams to Metamorphosis, I mean, their latest offering is modern-Gothenberg-esque, whereas 11 Dreams reminds me of the In Flames of yore, especially The Jester Race era...I haven't heard Architect Of Lies, so can't really comment on that...
Well, then check it out to comment on it Here's one song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1w3unJnLls
The three types of vocals featured in Architect of Lies just gives it greater dimension imo
----
loves 小巫
06.03.2011 - 18:35
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 06.03.2011 at 18:00

Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 17:42

Well, then check it out to comment on it Here's one song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1w3unJnLls
The three types of vocals featured in Architect of Lies just gives it greater dimension imo

Dude, the high-pitched vocals are AMAZING, definitely aroused my interest...will be checking it out soon, count on it.
06.03.2011 - 23:35
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 18:35

Dude, the high-pitched vocals are AMAZING, definitely aroused my interest...will be checking it out soon, count on it.
I know, right? I'm beginning to think I'm the only one that thinks this way XD If you have not heard of the band Into Eternity, check them out as well! Again, three different styles of vocals with the high-pitched ones being the highlights (for me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQ4ZR-NI6A
----
loves 小巫
07.03.2011 - 10:35
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 06.03.2011 at 23:35

Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 18:35

I know, right? I'm beginning to think I'm the only one that thinks this way XD If you have not heard of the band Into Eternity, check them out as well! Again, three different styles of vocals with the high-pitched ones being the highlights (for me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQ4ZR-NI6A

I've heard Into Eternity, Stu Block is definitely RAD man, but I liked their previous stuffs upto The Scattering of Ashes...the new album is boring and repetitive as hell...but then again I was never a big fan of Into Eternity to start with, but yeah the vocals kill!
10.03.2011 - 22:04
Rating: 10
Spurn
This album is great! I liked a couple of songs from "the architect of lies" and "11 dreams", but the previous albums from there wasn't that good in my opinion. This album caught me from track 1 till the end! "The Follower", "Memoria", "Velvet Lies", "In Bloodred Shades" and "The Black Brigade", have a great melody, and they are heavy, and so are the remaining tracks of the albums. All in all the biggest surprise of the first quarter of the year 2011!
13.03.2011 - 20:27
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Admin
The more I listen to it, the more it turns out to be more alright than anything special. I'm still glad they didn't fuck up. But if they don't start getting progressive soon, they'll end up like <insert random gothenburg name here>. I do have high hopes for the songs live though. Sounds like they're even more going for a good live atmosphere with this one than the two before. I for one woudln't mind more complext structures and a raw sound instead of this clean production. Maybe on the next one.
----
17.03.2011 - 18:45
Rating: 9
Therapy?
The band's metamorphosis seems to have been a great one! I only just found out they broke up and still made a new album. Totally psyched, I quickly downloaded it. The first song immedeately blew me away! Awesomeness! The whole album is great, with "Through The Eye Of The Devil" and "The Follower" being my favourites.

I really liked the 11 Dreams album, it's probably still my favourite. The two albums that came after that were good. But not great. This is a new direction with clear old Mercenary flavor and I LIKE! It's more rough but still nicely melodic. I'm definitely going to buy this album tomorrow at their gig

And René's vocals? Top notch. I find it an improvement from Mikkel's. Mainly because there were a lot of high pitched screams in The Architect Of Lies and The Hours That Remain that really bothered me after a few listen throughs. René's are rawer, which I find more to my liking.
21.03.2011 - 02:22
Locke
Account deleted
Written by Bizzaremifo on 04.03.2011 at 09:32

I´m sorry guys, but this album is truly shit for me. Harsh vocal parts are quite good, riffs as well....but everything is falling down when singer starts sing clean vocal...horibble, boring and stupid ... damn i hate these parts...

This. They've released a decent commercial radio rock record, but a good metal album it is not.
25.03.2011 - 00:39
Rating: 4
Wyrd
Written by Therapy? on 17.03.2011 at 18:45

The band's metamorphosis seems to have been a great one! I only just found out they broke up and still made a new album. Totally psyched, I quickly downloaded it. The first song immedeately blew me away! Awesomeness! The whole album is great, with "Through The Eye Of The Devil" and "The Follower" being my favourites.

I really liked the 11 Dreams album, it's probably still my favourite. The two albums that came after that were good. But not great. This is a new direction with clear old Mercenary flavor and I LIKE! It's more rough but still nicely melodic. I'm definitely going to buy this album tomorrow at their gig

And René's vocals? Top notch. I find it an improvement from Mikkel's. Mainly because there were a lot of high pitched screams in The Architect Of Lies and The Hours That Remain that really bothered me after a few listen throughs. René's are rawer, which I find more to my liking.

How does this album have anything to do with the old flavour of Mercenary. It sounds nothing like 11 Dreams and have you even heard EverBlack? These two albums are amazing. I'm not saying I don't like THTR and AoL, but they just were not true Mercenary albums. This one is even further from classic Mercenary.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"

Hits total: 16262 | This month: 15