Metal Storm logo
What's your preferred style of play? [guitar/keyboard]

13.11.2010 - 14:48
Luneth
Account deleted
Just wondering what everyone's preference of playing style is? Personally I'm more of a neoclassic style guitarist, I like lots of fast, technically challenging licks and more importantly, overuse of the Harmonic scale :p
13.11.2010 - 15:16
whatsacow
I'm a modal player. It's just so much easier once you know modes. riffs and solo's make so much more sense, so i use that.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
13.11.2010 - 17:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Interesting topic

i mostly have 3 scale types i use when it comes to doing solo's:

-normal scale(in the key of the song) with some occasional short incursions in the chromatic

-neoclassic (basically just a masturbation of the harmonic scale)

-"arabic" (didn't learn it, i just figured it out and then i found out it's the Byzantine scale in Guitar Pro 5)

so far my solo capabilities are kinda shit though so apart from D, A, F# and E minor(and the relative keys) i can't solo for shit in the normal scale and only in E and D minor for the last 2.
14.11.2010 - 05:36
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Modal player for sure like it was already said...on the keys, its important to know all of the basics on the board and then you are able to do whatever you want...there's a lot you can do on the board without a lot of proper training because of all the crazy shit you can do with a synth...
28.11.2010 - 05:24
Alex Smith
Old school Rock'n'Roll, Hard Rock, Hard'n'Heavy. Depends on the mood.
12.02.2013 - 01:07
Tcan
Hi dudes , im in a process of forming a band , and type is Melodic death. I cant find any keyboardist here so decided to learn myself .

So can you suggest me some models or

which one is better.

korg microstation workstation
Edirol PCR-500 USB MIDI Keyboard ( this is very cheap so is it good )
Yamaha PSR Series
09.03.2013 - 06:15
nasmith
I play mostly old-school metal, thrash, and doom cover songs and improvised riffs. Some death metal, and every once in awhile black metal or punk.

Almost all minor, with a lot of accidentals: minor blues scale some, Phrygian mode alot, and a lot tritones. Chromatics every once in a while.
09.03.2013 - 10:10
Sunioj
Death metal, with fast tremelo finger plucking, heavy emphasis on the minor scales and chromatic, oriental for contrast. i also like making neoclassical sounding melodies on my bass when im writing music.
11.03.2013 - 17:31
ANGEL REAPER
I dont know what style i play (i am self thought guitarist-and also i dont want to bore myself with theories) ,but i can say that i use a lot of riffs and melodies that make sense to me (probably using some kind of five tones scale )...surprisingly i am quite good guitar player....oh and i play mostly thrash-y black metal -simplistic and repetitive but with a power surging/epic rhythm/leads ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
12.03.2013 - 00:33
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I use the blues and pentatonic scales a lot. Solo's a la Sleep.

Other than that, power chords for days.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS