Metal Storm logo
You really like the band, so you buy their...

Original post

Posted by matos, 30.08.2006 - 22:49
You know the situation: you find a great new band, listen to few songs, you get more and slowly they become one of your favourite bands. Then you decide that they are great enough to be honored/supported by your wallet, so what do you buy (first) ?

Well, if you wonder why i have decided to ask you the question above, it's simple - i'm just curious
I shold probably start with myself, i'm into T-shirts, many reasons for that: -you tell the world:"this band rocks and i listen to them!" -it's the most useful merchandise of all -...

So what about you ?

Poll

You adore the band so you honer them by buying:

Their (latest) album
Their T-shirt (or other clothes)
All posible merchandise
nothing
Flag/banner

Total votes: 278
08.05.2009 - 14:46
Saitenhexerin

All their Merch xD
i am a merch addict...it is a freakin' expensive hobby, but I love it <3
However, (or fortunately, from the view of my bank account) it is quite difficult to get some merch in Austria, therefore it is okay. But I have to control myself not to buy everything via mailorder ^^
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
08.05.2009 - 14:49
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Saitenhexerin on 08.05.2009 at 14:46

All their Merch xD
However, (or fortunately, from the view of my bank account) it is quite difficult to get some merch in Austria, therefore it is okay. But I have to control myself not to buy everything via mailorder ^^

Wow, I'm not the only active Austrian here

Anyway, I'm only buying Shirts of the bands and that only if they look cool
08.05.2009 - 16:32
TheBigRossowski

Quote:
Quote:
Written by Saitenhexerin on 08.05.2009 at 14:46

All their Merch xD

If you drive the measley three hours to Salzburg, there is an AWESOME metal shop by the river....well, in that general area. That dude had a lot of great shit! Just save up for a few months and then make the drive out there.

Wow, I'm not the only active Austrian here
Anyway, I'm only buying Shirts of the bands and that only if they look cool

And while you're at it, you can pick this Dude up, lol. And the t-shirt thing... that sounds lame, but the best part is...it's totally true. Nobody wants the shirt that just has the ''Burzum'' logo! They want the shirt that says ''Burzum'' and has the ASKE EP cover on it. On the back in huge letters says 'FTW!', lol
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
26.06.2009 - 20:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I buy their hair off ebay so i can genetically clone my own personal version of the band to play house parties.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.06.2009 - 10:45
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
First i would buy all their CD's then their T shirts
14.07.2009 - 19:08
Andresopeth

Albums and shirts (even when i have cups, flags and bags)
11.08.2009 - 20:12
Razorback

On first place is buy their album that is my support to band and metal music,because if everyone just download everything from internet that guys maybe will not be able to menage some stuffs they need,t-shirt because i like to wear it and feel comfortable and connected with something i love,and of course tickets for their concert as support and my pleasure.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
15.08.2009 - 00:49
Urizen367

Nothing. i take a metalic sharpie and draw their' logo on my jacket. i'm broke fuckers.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
17.08.2009 - 04:24
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Albums...
----
rekt
17.08.2009 - 07:34
TheBigRossowski

Sometimes I get carried away, but I generally get into the band before I purchase more than a CD. Sometimes I jumped the gun and bought shirts that I am today, no longer proud of. Deicide for example... I got so tired of them...HUH.

My most recent shirt purchase was an Electric Wizard shirt I would like to put the words ''Electric Wizard'' on the back though as well. It's gotta be noticeable. REPRESENT!!!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
10.10.2009 - 06:01
ToMegaTherion

Generally if i really like a band I will hunt down their discography and nothing else. Maybe go and see them if the oportunity should arise, occationally and by occationally I mean rarely I will by a t-shirt. Generally I will honor them by investing in their "work", ie; albums, concerts ect.
24.10.2009 - 21:14
Hanyuchan

Merch baby, I look like a walking advertisement.
07.12.2009 - 19:47
Panterica

First of all I look for their earlier albums, then I buy the albums from their eraliest years to their latest so I'd be able to see the progress the band has made with every release. If I find a good t shirt I buy it, but I'm very very very picky, so it doesn't happen very oftenly.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
08.12.2009 - 06:33
MetallicA

I put any available merch. It depends on what I can get my hands on. If it's a CD, then I'll buy that or if it's a cool shirt, I'll buy that instead.
I usually buy their music first though...it may not be the whole collection but there are a few instances when I discovered a new band and then I owned their entire discography within a short period of time (some bands this happened with are Dimmu Borgir, Emperor and Bolt Thrower).

I used to buy alot of T shirts but now I mostly get girly band shirts now that most bands have them.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
09.12.2009 - 01:20
jollygreen

I buy their cds mostly and maybe whatever i see from them like a button or keychain or a shirt but not too much of one band. I vowed not to buy too much of one band when i relized like 20 of my shirts were tool led zeppelin and queen
09.12.2009 - 01:29
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
The first thing I always buy when I discover a great band is an album. When that happens I always go for one or two albums that are immediately available and it usually turns out to be their newest one(s). For some bands I eventually do end up owning their entire discography. I actually don't buy very much merchandise. I find that a t-shirt for a band costs about as much as a cd (usually more) so I tend to opt for buying cds. I just find it more valuable when I can listen to their music rather than just having a t-shirt.
09.12.2009 - 01:32
Tormentor666

I always look for CDs, because it is there where their music is. Then, or if I can't find any of their albums, I look for t-shirts.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09.12.2009 - 02:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hehe I just noticed the "slowly they become one of your favourite bands. Then you decide that they are great enough to be honored/supported by your wallet" in the first post.
What, am I weird for buying stuff from bands which are not a favourite of mine?
----
09.02.2014 - 05:33
Jtbmetal123

I usually try to buy the bundles. I love getting a new album and a T-shirt. Its just badass. But if theirs ever a deluxe edition or a CD/DVD than I get that.
09.02.2014 - 17:21
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I'm buying CD's if I find a band I really like. One can never have too much of them!
18.02.2014 - 08:09
God of shadows

First and foremost I buy their cds, so I fucking get their discography(since I often like all of it). And if they have I try to get their stuff in vinyl. After that I try to get a nice looking shirt or zipper/hoodie(unless it's Ovid's Withering, then I try to get all of their stuff). And after that I might buy other kind of their merchandise, like cassettes, mugs and other kind of weird stuff.

I used to download bands' discographies, but for a while now I'm not really that eager to download anymore. I guess it's both because I don't really have time for it and that I prefer many times over to buy the physical releases. If I don't really have a band's release in cd or vinyl format I listen to it through either youtube or bandcamp, so donwloading becomes more or less unnecessary for me.
----
"Everything will be ok
I'll just sit down and watch some bullshit"
-Acrania
18.02.2014 - 21:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Why the actual hell would you buy the latest album (or any album really) by a band if the album itself is crappy, even if you are a fan? That's stupid.

I figure getting a shirt or two would be the logical way to honor a band you like. Why would you get a shirt from a band you don't like or just barely listen to?

Also, at "honer."
19.02.2014 - 00:31
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 18.02.2014 at 21:40

Why the actual hell would you buy the latest album (or any album really) by a band if the album itself is crappy, even if you are a fan? That's stupid.

A lot of CD purchases come from a collecting point a view. If you have every album by a band and they release one band album, I personally would like to fill the gap to have a complete collection. Same goes with buying blindly off of cover art or something, it's half music half collecting.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.02.2014 - 05:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by deadone on 19.02.2014 at 00:36

Written by Boxcar Willy on 19.02.2014 at 00:31

, I personally would like to fill the gap to have a complete collection.

Really? So you would own Lulu, St Anger and Risk?

Risk cured me of any need to collect whole collections. I have since sold off/given away probably a couple of hundred of CDs I have deemed shit.

For sure, if I gave a rat's ass about those bands.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.02.2014 - 12:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I tend to buy most of the stuff by a band I really like. Even if the album itself is kinda meh... As long as it's not fucking awful, I'm probably going to buy it but it'll get a low priority that's for sure.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.02.2014 - 10:34
Leni

I buy CDs for autographs
08.05.2014 - 06:07
Schizoid6.6

I would very much likely buy a shirt, their latest album and try scoring good seats to a show if they come around. I try to slow down on the merch though due to my interests frequently changing.
08.05.2014 - 06:29
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Their children.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
08.05.2014 - 06:41
no one
Account deleted
Written by M C Vice on 08.05.2014 at 06:29

Their children.

ah celebrates and how important they think they are
08.05.2014 - 07:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 08.05.2014 at 06:41
ah celebrates and how important they think they are

The fact that people share celebrity posts on forums like this is partially the reason for that line of thinking.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."