Metal Storm logo
Obscura - Album Recording Completed

Obscura has recently completed work on their brand new album Omnivium. Omnivium was recorded at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer V. Santura (Triptykon, Dark Fortress) and is expected to see a March 2011 release date via Relapse Records. Additional album details will be announced shortly.

Obscura drummer Hannes Grossman commented on recording Omnivium: "The recording process was intense and time-consuming, but it brought us many steps forward as musicians both individually and collectively. The songs are still catchy, but there are more epic parts involved, as well as faster and more melodic songs. The extremes of the band's sound extend on all sides, so to say. Expect some things which have never been done before like this in Death Metal!"

Additionally, Grossman is working on his first instructional drum DVD titled "Progressive Concepts for the Modern Metal Drummer". The DVD will feature different chapters about hand/foot techniques, blast beats, advanced double bass drumming, rhythmic modulations, and song and performance tutorials.

Grossman commented on his forthcoming DVD: "After the recordings for Obscura's new album I decided to start filming because the energy of the recording process was still valid. The final motivation came from Nile drummer George Kollias, with whom we toured in Japan. Thanks again, Bro'! Of course the DVD will not only feature solo and song performances, but also very deep advice about the things that I use, like finger control technique, hybrid techniques, advanced foot technique or odd-time signatures."

Omnivium tracklist:

01. Septuagint
02. Vortex Omnivium
03. Ocean Gateways
04. Euclidean Elements
05. Prismal Dawn
06. Celestial Spheres
07. Velocity
08. A Transcendental Serenade
09. Aevum

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Obscura
Posted: 16.11.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 119 users
16.11.2010 - 15:08
bodomroy

I expect the best from this album!
16.11.2010 - 17:14
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Really looking forward to hearing some new music from Obscura.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
16.11.2010 - 18:52
arj

Yeah last album was godly
16.11.2010 - 21:45
MIXHELL

It will be another masterpiece \m/
16.11.2010 - 22:08
UnknownCheese

If anybody is going to bring something new to death metal, it won't be these guys.
16.11.2010 - 23:10
The Voyager
The Table
If this is anywhere near as good as Cosmogenesis, I am almost certain I will love it. If they manage to top Cosmogenesis, I will likely have a stroke.
17.11.2010 - 03:53
kurokamen

Great band, their technical elements, vocoders, and bass lines are quite uncommon... Love it...
17.11.2010 - 16:02
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 16.11.2010 at 15:56

"Expect some things which have never been done before like this in Death Metal!"
this kinda stuff gets me excited, since there's definitely talent.

me also. but now i have higher expectations!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
18.11.2010 - 06:29
Symmachus

Looks awesome. I like the titles from the track listing. What I've heard by this band is significantly impressive.
18.11.2010 - 22:45
Malphas

I can only agree, can't wait for the album
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
15.01.2011 - 01:23
virtual-x

Cosmogenesis album is perfection and I hope that we will once again get a masterpiece made from Obscura.

Hits total: 2626 | This month: 5