‹‹ Back to the General forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 65  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Lucas on 17.11.2010 at 22:13
No general topic on space yet? Dude, space freaking rules.

Here's a picture of it:

Yep, endless black. Awesome, right?

Here's one more, with a couple of stars:

. .
. .

. . .

Awesome, right?

Ok, so for real: space. I like it because it's so endless and just so overwhelming. I like it because there's plenty of great music it, our individual lives and the earth and the milky way and everything else is so goddamn small in comparison. It's full of fire balls (stars), comets, planets etc.

They're saying space travel should be possible (for commercial purposes) somewhere in 2014. You'll be shot about 100km high, for roughly 70,000. Sounds like a great idea to me, if I can ever such a thing I'm definitely going for it.

What about you all? Discuss! (Or post awesome pictures of supernovas and such, but please, think about their size.)

And no, I'm not on drugs.

Page 2 of 2

Malphas

06.08.2012 at 15:24
Well...i'm not very excited about curiosity and it's "mission to mars" and this is part of the reason why

yeah all of those small dots both in the 2d and 3d models are galaxies, each one with billions of stars (and this model is not of the whole universe but of a small fraction, which we have seen with telescopes)...and as we speak our universe is expanding with a pace greater than the speed of light...and that pace is increasing with every passing moment...yeah
----
exclude the impossible, and what's left is the truth.
The Turbanator

06.08.2012 at 15:26
Challenges of Getting to Mars: Curiosity's Seven Minutes of Terror (recommended watch) :

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
Array

12.08.2012 at 19:37
One of the so far sent pictures. Opens larger.

Barren Mars

Edit:

More, better images here.
Array

29.09.2012 at 23:06
"Astronomy forums are buzzing with speculation about newly-discovered Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON). Currently located beyond the orbit of Jupiter, Comet ISON is heading for a very close encounter with the sun next year. In Nov. 2013, it will pass less than 0.012 AU (1.8 million km) from the solar surface. The fierce heating it experiences then could turn the comet into a bright naked-eye object."

More: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/scitech/display.cfm?ST_ID=2504

I really liked the naked part of the story.
Array

15.02.2013 at 18:54
If someone wants to ride-along the asteroid 2012 DA14: http://eyes.nasa.gov/launch2.html?document=$SERVERURL/content/documents/da14/da14.xml

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.