Metal Storm logo
Epica - Free Concert Rebroadcast Tonight

Original news, posted on 28.11.2010

TheRave.com will be streaming Epica live in concert from The Rave/Eagles Club in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA. The worldwide broadcast will begin at 8pm CDT (9pm Eastern/6pm Pacific/2a GMT) on Sunday, November 28th. The concert will also be rebroadcast at a later date to be determined. Scar Symmetry, Blackguard and The Agonist are also scheduled to be a part of the broadcast.

The stream is FREE for fans around the world to view from the comfort of their home computers. Visit this location to be a part of this exclusive event.

UPDATE [thanks to nb]

Tonight, TheRave.com will be rebroadcasting the November 28 Epica concert from The Rave/Eagles Club in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Details for the European webcast can be found here. Details for the North American webcast can be found here.

Source: therave.com
Band profile: Epica
Event: Epica: North American Tour
Posted: 13.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   Visited by: 239 users
28.11.2010 - 19:13
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Thats pretty cool.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
28.11.2010 - 19:15
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Holy shit, another sleepless night!
28.11.2010 - 20:02
Elodie Artour
Slania
If I survive until then, I'll definitely watch it!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
28.11.2010 - 21:51
dragonfire1603

That's 03:00 in my timezone and I have to go to school tomorrow *sigh*
Anyway, who cares? I can sleep in school... :
28.11.2010 - 22:16
Abattoir

I'm glad that there is opportunity to see their live concert....yet I'm not sure I will be able to wait till 2 AM.
28.11.2010 - 22:55
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by dragonfire1603 on 28.11.2010 at 21:51

Wait a minute - shouldn't you wait until 2 am? The concert starts 1:00 am Greenwich time which means it must only begin an hour later in Switzerland. Am I right?

P.S.: I'm also planning to sleep at school.
----
29.11.2010 - 00:43
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Sweet! I think I'll be able to see it on my work
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
29.11.2010 - 02:04
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by Elodie Artour on 28.11.2010 at 22:55

Written by dragonfire1603 on 28.11.2010 at 21:51

Wait a minute - shouldn't you wait until 2 am? The concert starts 1:00 am Greenwich time which means it must only begin an hour later in Switzerland. Am I right?

P.S.: I'm also planning to sleep at school.

The show starts 2 AM GMT So 3 AM CET.. I will so watch it, the two most beautiful women in metal (Simone Simons and Alissa White-Gluz)..
29.11.2010 - 02:06
Elodie Artour
Slania
Thanks for the explanation!

I'm gonna watch it, too!
(Kepp your fingers crossed I don't yield to sleep. lol )
----
29.11.2010 - 03:33
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 29.11.2010 at 02:04

the two most beautiful women in metal (Simone Simons and Alissa White-Gluz)..

Haha I always thought Alissa White-Gluz was the bastard child of Lady Gaga and Dani Filth
----
29.11.2010 - 06:23
xclaw

Nice, caught this right when they were up. Score.
29.11.2010 - 07:12
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Can't hear the crowd at all, thats kind of annoying! Good stream otherwise.
29.11.2010 - 08:18
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Ahh they got "Tides Of Time" there, and a much better stage I think Epica was a bit tighter vocally last week and our crowd was much more over the top in Mass., but you can't beat a live webstream concert and with multiple cameras like this! Great
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
29.11.2010 - 08:41
Elodie Artour
Slania
Good morning/afternoon/night, fellow Stormers!

Whew... Set is finally over!

Soo, The Agonist were pretty nice but they got zero attention. Next to appear were Blackguard and, trust me - it took me time to realize they are actually Profugus Mortis. Anyways, I find them decent, so I enjoyed their set, too. To be honest though, I found Scar Symmetry extremely boring. I mean, they were nice at times but as a whole, I didn't like them much, so I got bored at some point and simply stopped watching their set.

As for Epica... Well, I guess I don't have the right words to express myself. They were fuckin' AWESOME! Given I've never attended any of their live gigs, it was a pleasure for me to watch that concert.

(Killer) Setlist was something like:

Samadhi
Resign To Surrender
Sensorium
Fools Of Damnation
Unleashed
Martyr Of The Free Word
Cry For The Moon
Imperial March (a very funny one actually )
Tides Of Time (Yet again a breath-taking performance by Simone which made me cry...)
Blank Infinity (Another Epica favourite of mine, hehe.)

Encore:

Kingdom Of Heaven
Sancta Terra
Consing To Oblivion

Hope I haven't missed anything. It was nerve-wrecking to wait that long for Epica and I'm damn tired right now but I don't fucking care - their performance was worth the wait!

By the way, the crowd was extremely unsupportive to the warming-up acts, as well as too quite and unenthusiastic. (Or at least it seemed so...) However, live streaming was quite good.

I love Epica!

P.S.: Mark and Simone keep on acting as if they still date, haha.
----
29.11.2010 - 10:24
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Very nice gig indeed!... As always. But I still prefer the one they did here.. cause I was there! Ahah
The setlist was sweet too. 'Martyr Of The Free Word' is a killer song! 'Tides Of Time' is a beautiful song, and I think it was Simone's best performance. Also loved 'Kingdom Of Heaven', probably because of the progressive elements of the song.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
29.11.2010 - 13:34
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Kind of ironic it's Ad Sluijter's birthday today.
29.11.2010 - 13:52
Vonpire

Damn, how did i miss this... No one recorded????
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
29.11.2010 - 14:35
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
I watched the concert last night myself and I was very disappointed in Scar Symmetry and I'm a big fan of theirs. The vocals from them were awful !! They really need Christian Älvestam back in the band and I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

But Epica was amazing, great set list and the sound was good. Look forward seeing them here in a few weeks in Las Vegas.
----
Chef Metal Head
29.11.2010 - 14:44
nb

Can this still be seen somewhere?
29.11.2010 - 15:09
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by nb on 29.11.2010 at 14:44

Unless someone actually had a flash recorder and recorded the +-5 hours of streaming (which amounts to more than 10 GB) and had a fast enough PC to do it with, then no.
30.11.2010 - 18:33
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by nb on 29.11.2010 at 14:44

On the website, it is stated that the concert is once again gonna be broadcast on another date which is (probably) yet to be announced.

Otherwise, I had forgotten to add "Mother Of Light" and "The Obsessive Devotion" to the setlist.
----
07.12.2010 - 01:17
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Just as a note to anyone who could be interested in watching it, it will be rebroadcast Sunday, December 12, 2010, according to an Epica update.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.12.2010 - 19:53
nb

Written by Vonpire on 29.11.2010 at 13:52

Damn, how did i miss this... No one recorded????

It will be rebroadcast tomorrow starting at 4pm CET and 6pm NY time.
12.12.2010 - 23:02
Elodie Artour
Slania
@Thryce: You should thank me, my dearest. I was the one who told NB about the re-broadcast.
----

Hits total: 4456 | This month: 3