Metal Storm logo
Crowbar - Have A New Song Online

Earlier this week Noisecreep premiered a brand-new Crowbar song, called "The Cemetery Angels".

The track comes off the band's upcoming effort Sever The Wicked Hand, to be released in February next year via eOne Music.

"The song has all the elements that Crowbar are about: speed, then a killer, hooky pre-chorus, a hooky chorus and then a stupidly heavy and sludgy slow ending," Windstein told Noisecreep, breaking the song down into its base parts.

"It's personal to me, because in New Orleans, the area is known for architecture in the cemeteries," Windstein explained. "Since the city is below sea level, the tombs are above ground and elaborate, and they say that cemetery angels watch over the tombs. I feel like angels are watching me as far as everything I've done. I'm not dead yet and have been sober for four months, and I have this whole new outlook on life and a brand new spin on everything."

Windstein also shed some light on the song's lyrical arc and its relation to his newly-acquired sobriety, saying, "The opening line is 'You gave me wings and took the sky away,' which is a line from an [Alcoholics Anonymous] book. I am not a 'program person,' but that is precisely what alcohol did for me. It gave me wings and then took the sky away. Alcohol can make you feel good, but you are lost. So the lyrics are a spin on that."

Go to this location to stream "The Cemetery Angels".

Sever The Wicked Hand [cover art] tracklist:

01. Isolation (Desperation)
02. Sever The Wicked Hand
03. Liquid Sky And Cold Black Earth
04. Let Me Mourn
05. The Cemetery Angels
06. As I Become One
07. A Farewell To Misery
08. Protectors Of The Shrine
09. I Only Deal In Truth
10. Echo An Eternity
11. Cleanse Me, Heal Me
12. Symbiosis

Source: noisecreep.com
Band profile: Crowbar
Posted: 28.11.2010 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 18 users
29.11.2010 - 05:46
Necrodamus

Sounds awesome, great job Kirk. Can't wait for this release.
29.11.2010 - 06:17
Symmachus

Sweet news. I've come to enjoy this band in the past few months. I like the backstory behind the song "The Cemetery Angels".

EDIT: The song is pretty amazing, actually.

Hits total: 2576 | This month: 4