Metal Storm logo
DoomSword

17.05.2006 - 20:39
Samhain
Account deleted
DoomSword is a pretty Unknown band out of Italy, they play Epic Doom Metal (mostly about vikings). If you know of them or want to know of them, get "a-postin."

www.truemetal.org/doomsword

- Let's Get them added to MS

EDIT: URL link isn't working on my comp for some reason. If it doesnt work on your's just type it in browser

EDIT: New website...actual/official website is: http://www.doomsword.it/intro.php
17.05.2006 - 21:48
Hellish Star

One of my favourite (next to Eldritch) Italian bands. Isn't there any news from them?
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
18.05.2006 - 01:38
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Great band...Manilla Road, Candlemass fans enjoy. As I said it before in the old thread (mine) my favorite album is their last one "Let Battle Commence".
18.05.2006 - 21:05
Samhain
Account deleted
@ Hellish Star...I know their website isn't exactly the most updated I wish they would but im not sure of any recent news
18.05.2006 - 21:42
Lord Elden
Account deleted
They had another newer homepage earlier on, it seems to have expired though.
Some of the members of DoomSword are in the band Gjallarhorn, which sounds somewhat like viking era Bathory. I like both bands, Gjallarhorn and DoomSword, but the latter is better.
18.05.2006 - 23:31
Bas
Retired Staff
heh, what kind of annoys me about this band is that although they are clearly doom they claim to be viking.. :

that aside, i quite like their music, not something i'd listen to often, but nice evry once in a while
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
04.08.2006 - 02:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WOW what a great band from Ilay, epic/traditional doom metal, I like all albums, but I dont hawe original stuff,realy amazing, and powerfull, specely vocals, and lyrics, better how Candlemass for those who dont know how thay sounds try here
I am bored just now so I had nostalgy for traditional doom, etliets some sampels are here
http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=266
http://www.metalfolk.net/index.php?section=3&cd=263

I dunno how demo sounds, probobly good

But albums are great and covers seems some epic painter ha spainted those stuffs, what a art, like all Italy.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.08.2006 - 02:49
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
About the demos couldn't say much I only have the last 2 albums (original) and nothing else. I'm waiting for a new release!
11.02.2007 - 19:19
Hellish Star

After a lot of rumours and three years of silence the new DoomSword album is announced officially now. It will be entitled "My Name Will Live On" and it should be out in 3-4 months' time.

Visit the new website for more information:
http://www.doomsword.it
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.02.2007 - 20:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
I like this band (if we talk about the same) I have Resoubd The Horn or something like that and it is real awesome, they sound is perfect and doom songs are excellent. I like their lyrics, and it is amongs better Viking lyrics on scene.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
11.02.2007 - 20:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Well, I should still receive Resound The Horn one day.. hope I get it soon..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
11.02.2007 - 23:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 11.02.2007 at 20:04

You order CD

How much cost it ?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.02.2007 - 12:21
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2007 at 23:45

Written by Lucas on 11.02.2007 at 20:04

You order CD

How much cost it ?

About 16 euro's. I ordered it half December, and they said I had a delivery chance of 70%. I've gottan albums with a delivery chance of 30%, so I didn't really care, but now I am getting kind of worried. I might go for a refund or something.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.05.2007 - 09:19
Samhain
Account deleted
Finally some news from these guys. They have a new (real) website with up to date news

....I'm kinda late with this but:

New Website...
http://www.doomsword.it/intro.php

personally I can't wait for the new album...I've been waiting for what seems like forever
17.05.2007 - 19:19
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love new webpage, it is really awesome. Media section is great, especially interviews and mp3 of Aseir.
And yes, that real awesome trailer on homepage... I can't wait for new album too, it will be chaos
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.10.2007 - 12:56
Fuath

i love doomsword, i only just recently got into them, but then again, i only just recently got into viking metal and folk metal, the vocalists voice is rather unique and the music fits it well, unlike other bands where the voice has to fit the music
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

22.10.2007 - 09:13
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Wow finally a DoomSword thread, what a great band, who would of thought a viking metal band would come out of italy and do such a great job. You really feel like you are in the middle of battle when listening to them. Resound the Horn and Let Battle Commence are my two favorite albums by them!
08.01.2008 - 15:27
LordoftheThunder
Account deleted
Wow a band out of Italy that doesn't play generic power metal. I only recently got into Doomsword and i think their great, good to see I'm not the only one.
08.01.2008 - 22:21
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Oh yeah, they're fantastic. The new album is really out of this world. My favourite track is the first one. Excellent album on the whole; they've really stepped up a notch.

For Italian Doom fans, do do check out this band called Thunderstorm. Their latest (2007) offering called, As We Die Alone contains some fabulous doom riffing, giving an obvious but very unique nod to the masters. Hell, they even have an ULTRA heavy cover of Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
09.01.2008 - 04:39
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Yeah! This guys rules! The way they play viking with doom sound, but also with many fury! Highly recommended for any viking metalhead!
11.01.2008 - 03:24
CreativeAngels
Account deleted
I got my hands on the ,"Let Battle Commence", and loved it. Please check them out
11.01.2008 - 18:27
VPeter

great band, I love the mix of Epic Doom and Viking metal. Deathmaster also has one of the best Viking metal vocals I have heard.
13.01.2008 - 10:17
Fuath

i didnt think they were doom, i thought maybe some slight doom influence, but very slight
definitely viking metal though
absolutely love them
an awesome band, i would reccomend them to everyone
----
FRACTALS!!!!!