05. Manowar
06. Dark Avenger
07. William's Tale
08. Battle Hymn
09. Death Tone [live]
10. Fast Taker [live]

Featured in "Getting Into: Manowar"

Additional info
This is a re-recording of Manowar's debut album, "Battle Hymns". Tracks 9 and 10 are bonus tracks recorded live in early 1982.

Line-up:
Eric Adams - Vocals
Karl Logan - Guitars
Joey DeMaio - Bass
Donnie Hamzik - Drums

Guest:
Christopher Lee - Narration on 6

Release Dates:

Germany: Dec 03,2010
Europe: starting Dec, 06, 2010
Kingdom Of Steel: Dec 13, 2010
USA/Canada: Feb 01, 2011

Bonus Tracks:
09. Death Tone (Recorded Live at Reunion Arena, Dallas, Texas - August 1st 1982)
10. Fast Taker (Recorded Live at Taylor City Expo Center Arena, Abilene, Texas - July 31st 1982)

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 553 users
08.12.2010 - 00:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Hey, now i see they part ways with Scott Columbus last year...i didnt noticed before...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.12.2010 - 00:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ellrohir on 08.12.2010 at 00:27

Hey, now i see they part ways with Scott Columbus last year...i didnt noticed before...

shame Logan didn't depart too and got Ross The Boss back cause then it would have been the exact same line-up recording it as all those years ago. Ross is infinitely superior to Logan who actually manages to screw up the beginning of Battle Hymns here on this re-recording. Shame Lee is doing the narrative but then again Welles is dead.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.12.2010 - 00:52
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.12.2010 at 00:39

Shame Lee is doing the narrative but then again Welles is dead.

Then all they need to do is to keep the original narrative.

I have lots of respect for Christopher Lee but, to be honest, I'm getting sick of the way Manowar and RoF use him as a marketing asset to promote themselves since a while.
And I must add I'm not sure their respect and admiration for him are so genuine. Both bands are so fond of praising themselves and have such an inflated esteem of themselves, I think we can doubt of their integrity.
Both bands believe they're a hundred times better than they really are.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
08.12.2010 - 00:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think the narration on the original album is much better, no offense to Lee as he's proven time and time again he can read a fucking cookbook and make it sound like angels battling demons and shit (just listen to his "Charlemagne" album).

the production is way more up-front and clear so i guess that's a plus, and Eric's voice is, as on the rerecording of The Crown and the Ring, far grittier and believable, so another plus.

all in all, apart from the narration on Dark Avenger, this sounds exactly like i thought it would.
08.12.2010 - 07:42
Rating: 10
BMR Monkey

Written by Valentin B on 08.12.2010 at 00:56

I think the narration on the original album is much better, no offense to Lee as he's proven time and time again he can read a fucking cookbook and make it sound like angels battling demons and shit (just listen to his "Charlemagne" album).

the production is way more up-front and clear so i guess that's a plus, and Eric's voice is, as on the rerecording of The Crown and the Ring, far grittier and believable, so another plus.

all in all, apart from the narration on Dark Avenger, this sounds exactly like i thought it would.

Charlemagne sucks, im sorry but its the truth

but getting back on this, its a hell of and album, i like it a lot, 10/10 but its not for everyone
08.12.2010 - 07:42
Rating: 10
BMR Monkey

Hail Manowar!!!!
12.12.2010 - 03:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Damn, listened to the original and this one back to back. My God this IS bad. The only good thing is Donnie's drumming.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.12.2010 - 15:03
RavenKing

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.12.2010 at 03:54

Damn, listened to the original and this one back to back. My God this IS bad. The only good thing is Donnie's drumming.

I guess they gave the album an overpolished clean production to please the whiners of today who always have something to complain about production and prefer metal when it sounds like pop music.
That's usually what bands do with this kind of album.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
17.12.2010 - 04:55
rev

IM OLD I LIKE MANOWR
18.12.2010 - 10:14
Unclejulz

I don't get what everyone's problem is, if they want to re-record an awesome album that they and I think wasn't mixed to the best then they have every right to do it again. As a fan I can enjoy both the old version and the new one. For one thing the drums sound a hell of a lot better which was the weak point if the original. I love it.
02.09.2011 - 03:16
John Shock

Beautiful!!! First tim i've heard manowar with careful and i like it!!!

Hits total: 12266 | This month: 16