Metal Storm logo
What after Metal??

Original post

Posted by Bash', 03.09.2006 - 00:03
hey ppl,

i only want to express my feelings toward the thing that i loved, lived Metal..

i loved metal alot, and am listening for it for about 4-5 years, it becames a bestfriend.. lot of times i was going back to metal to solve my problems, when i am disturbed, when everybody left me, when i was alone, when i am angry, happy, sad, in love, in hate, in every moment Metal was my faithfull friend..

after any problem the best thing i've done is listening metal, on my first year on the university, i have NO friends else metal..

AND AFTER THAT ALL...!!!!!

i became so wiered about / with it ... i started to obtain alot of albums ... i now have more than 150 album, and hundreds of singles, i know a bit good amount of metal bands, at least in my country and between my friends, i am the most one who knows about metal bands and styles & countries (of course because of this great site) BUTTT..!!!!

actually there is a number of songs i've bought (from a while) and didn't listen yet, many things downloaded and never listened, always needs new stuff, and don't listen well for them, so weired..!!! the music became a less value to me, since i have alot alot stuff... event the good albums, i may not have the time to play them, or i don't play them without a reason, i don't know how do i act with the taste i used to b4... i feel that am listening for it as a habbit not coz i like it... i am searching alot for a band that i don't know, and that to fill up my time, but whithout satisfying results, seems like i know most of the (good) bands of the styles i liked..

even in the forum, i found it too hard to shoot a post.. i know i am not that active member, but i used to post better on the past...

what a problem, seems like i just want new stuff, and get bored from them just when i put my hands on them even if without listening ...

ppl say something please, i can't understand the situatution..!!!
21.10.2007 - 06:17
TDFX

Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 04:50

when i had a girlfriend i stopped listen metal for a while. we are all time together an we listen the songs that my girlfriend listen just fucking erotic songs. and when we broke up i came back to my music stronger. im afraid to fall in love with a fucking woman because of this

What kind of a man are you?! :-P

When I get bored of listening to Metal, there's other great music to listen to, but I'm always drawn back. Having a variety of music to listen to is a must, I think. Expands your horizons and easier to decide what you truly love.
----
Last.fm
27.10.2007 - 06:25
4look4rd
The Sasquatch

when i had a girlfriend i stopped listen metal for a while. we are all time together an we listen the songs that my girlfriend listen just fucking erotic songs. and when we broke up i came back to my music stronger. im afraid to fall in love with a fucking woman because of this

Haha, ofcourse metal is more important that any chick xD
----
01.11.2007 - 16:32
nehrodwarf

Let me see that I understood!!!!!!!
your problem it's that you listened too much, but you don't absorving the music, or saying better you're listening like a rabbit making "sons"?

a possible solution

try to found your fav artists or albuns and listen just they!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But Metal it's a great song I love metal too the main problem it's my town, almost everybody hates metal! and it's almost impossible to see great concerts on there!

good look!
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
02.11.2007 - 13:20
Blastphemer
Account deleted
nile's former drummer is an answer to this tag..after metal; experimential jazz
30.12.2007 - 17:38
ArcanaHereticae

After Metal is usually... sleep.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
31.12.2007 - 01:16
Ascalon

Written by ArcanaHereticae on 30.12.2007 at 17:38

After Metal is usually... sleep.

Jajajajaja ... that's true ... but actually for me... the point is that's is not so stranfe to get bored with after some years ... the solution it's always left an space for other types of music ... good music always ... and not to listen so many bands just find good ones and enjoy them ... it's not the point who knows more bands, who have more information .. it's just who is the happiest person enjoying good music ... in this case heavy metal ...
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
01.01.2008 - 12:46
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Written by 4look4rd on 27.10.2007 at 06:25

Haha, ofcourse metal is more important that any chick xD

That's why you have a METALHEAD GIRLFRIEND !
02.01.2008 - 06:08
B-anger
Account deleted
When you love something you give yourself for it...don't ya? Well...I sold my soul for the Rock 'n' Roll...(because all began with it)...so I take myself to the place I love, to the music I love...
02.01.2008 - 06:23
B-anger
Account deleted

what the fuck?!?!?! I think this way...The music I listened to is a part of me, a heavy part of me, so...If a girl want to stay with me, she have to deal with my music to deal with me...
02.01.2008 - 12:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 02.01.2008 at 06:23

what the fuck?!?!?! I think this way...The music I listened to is a part of me, a heavy part of me, so...If a girl want to stay with me, she have to deal with my music to deal with me...

100% agreed, just like would have to deal with her music as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.01.2008 - 02:36
Bulletdodger

Why did you listen only to the songs she likes , when I'm with my girlfriend we listen to Nightwish or something like Evanesence , but we also listen to Sepultura , Metallica and other metal bands that I really like.

When I listen to metal all day long and get a litle bored I go out with my friends , go to some place where they play rock or thechno (we managed to convince a friend to climb a stripper pole and to dance , and he danced for a min , of course he was drunk)
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
04.01.2008 - 14:43
b0000mst1ck

lol, i would've slapped the bitch and told her to find someone else to control.

just kidding about the slapping part, of course.
18.01.2008 - 19:36
iaberis
Advice Troll
There's no life after metal!
----
Bitch! Please
18.01.2008 - 19:54
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Metal is not the end. There is no after, it is only the beginning...

As for the ladies,
I met my girlfriend through a shared love of Tool and Nine Inch Nails and from that point I feel we have equally contributed to each others musical development. I started by introducing her to more accessible bands like Opeth, Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Therion, Ayreon, and Dream Theater, which she absolutely became obsessed with. She showed me bands like Into Eternity and Devin Townsend which have thus become fast favorites.

She was very focused on clean vocals so I tried to show her the importance of growls in musical expression and am making progress in that area. (I don't want to change her, just expose her to something different.)

She really liked the folk sound of some bands so I decided to get her into pagan folk and we have never looked back. At the moment we are planning to go to Paganfest and I have never been happier... a woman who will not only accept your music, but embrace it!
27.02.2008 - 03:32
NOИ

Metal is only one of many genres that I like. I personally can listen, enjoy and love: Terror EBM and Dark Electro, Techno (fast music mostly), Uplifting and Psychedelic Trance, some Speedcore and Gabber shit and offcourse Rap and a little bit Horrorcore. there are more genres that I like but basically these are my favourites.
27.02.2008 - 19:32
pietje
Account deleted
Well, when I tell you guys that I listen to metal you basicaly don't know anything, so, I listen to black/deat/trash. When I would get a girlfriend that would not like my music, I would be looking for a music that both of us like. Metal desn't tell anything about who I am, it is not my identity. Of course I look like metalhead, but in the inside I am just who I am, whether I listen to metal or not. If metal is more important than your girlfriend, you really got a problem. I don't know of any girl who would like it if you love a stupid sort of metal more than her. And right she is!
01.03.2008 - 04:11
Vitokogvy

Hey , it mde me remember a girl i have years i have who didnt want me to listen to metal music, she said thet it was a satanic music, i listen to black, heavy, thrash, power metal, and well i didnt care about it, cuz if she loves me , she must love me the way i am , i am not doing anything bad when listening to metal music, a,d well one day he came to my house, and well she got surprised because i was alone at home , and teh music was very loud, and it was Freezing moon by mayhem i remember, and when i opened the door, she told me that she didnt want to be with a satanic man, and i answered i dont believe in god, not even in satan, if you want to go, just go!! and i dont know anything about her till now...
----
Victor!! i will live until u die!
http://bloodyashes.blogspot.com
http://www.heavymetal.com.pe
01.03.2008 - 18:50
VPeter

after metal it is the Goth scene for me, I love old school goth rock, Batcave, Darkwave, New wave and Death rock. so much good stuff in that scene, the clothings are awesome to! I also prefer goths over metalheads any day(sue me!) and when I don't listen to it that it is of to the cyber scene, Industrial, synth pop, power pop, EBM you name it I love eletronic music. And as last desert some Ambient, folk and Celtic.
01.03.2008 - 18:54
belisarius

for me that would be dutch hardcore, darkwave, goth, industrial and punk. but damn i would miss metal.
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
10.03.2008 - 00:47
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
After metal..... uh.... is there anything after metal??? lol, I don't listen to anything but metal and hard rock. Some may say I need to expand my horizons, but metal is all I need or want.
10.03.2008 - 00:50
Harmonic
Account deleted
After metal... death.
10.03.2008 - 14:07
Hangar XVIII

It doesn't matter what other people think if you like it.
And it sounds like you like it.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
11.03.2008 - 19:38
Agellos

Listen to old Jazz and even the to classic stuff( by this i mean Wagner, Mozart, Tchaikovsky....),you can also try to listen to the new Progressive-Technical shit(can't think of a good name for it - Sean Malone is an example), keep busy finding new demo bands and listening to them,find less known Virtuosos,on any instrument.....
12.03.2008 - 01:48
Number Juan

Written by Doc G. on 30.03.2007 at 08:52

Metal wont die because Manowar wont let it die. Theyve been preaching the same thing for how many years? and yet they still kick ass while doing it. Manowar is the solution. End of story.

This man speaks the truth.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
12.03.2008 - 01:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Number Juan on 12.03.2008 at 01:48

Metal wont die because Manowar wont let it die. Theyve been preaching the same thing for how many years? and yet they still kick ass while doing it. Manowar is the solution. End of story.

The biggest posers within metal being the saviours. Bands like Manowar will be the death of metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.03.2008 - 02:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
If Manowar is the solution, I don't want it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.03.2008 - 02:20
Number Juan

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.03.2008 at 01:52

The biggest posers within metal being the saviours. Bands like Manowar will be the death of metal.

This lack of sense of humor will kill metal faster, IMO.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
12.03.2008 - 02:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 12.03.2008 at 01:52

I guess he didn't read the humour behind that comment.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.03.2008 - 09:03
Coté

Hehe...

I think the problem is that you just can't only listen to one genre of music.
You must have like a backup in case you get temporary bored of metal. It has happened to me but after that my dear Metal always comes back
----
::...Am I awake? Am I asleep? I am only sure of one thing. I am a monster ...::
15.03.2008 - 06:44
PerplexedSoul
Account deleted
Metal has so many genres and sub-genres that I find it almost impossible to get bored of. There are genres that act as spin-offs to metal too ... Post-Metal, Post-Rock and such. I have happily managed to confine myself (well, metal and a few spin-off genres are all I actually like in the world of music) to these genres over several years without ever getting bored of the respective genres entirely. With metal expanding at the rate it is, I think you're either not looking hard enough, or you were never that interested to begin with if you get bored. I mean, come on, 2007 was the best year metal has had for a long time. New bands were cropping up all over the place and bands that had already existed were releasing solid material.