Metal Storm logo
Deicide - Unveils 'New' Logo Design

Floridian death metallers Deicide have unveiled their "new" logo design at this location.

As previously reported, the video for Deicide's track "Homage for Satan", which was allegedly "banned" in the U.K. by music station Scuzz TV, looks set to air on MTV2 this weekend. The track, taken from the critically acclaimed album "The Stench of Redemption", released earlier this month, will make its "Headbanger's Ball" debut tonight (Saturday, September 2). The show, hosted by Hatebreed's Jamey Jasta, airs at 10:00 p.m. EST.

To watch the "Homage for Satan" video, click here.

The follow-up to 2004's "Scars of the Crucifix", "The Stench of Redemption" was recorded at Morrisound in Tampa, Florida and marks the first recording with the new Deicide lineup following the departure of the Hoffman brothers. Joining frontman Glen Benton and drummer Steve Asheim in the new formation are guitarists Jack Owen (ex-Cannibal Corpse) and Ralph Santolla (ex-Iced Earth, Death).

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Deicide
Posted: 03.09.2006 by Insineratehymn

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 6 users
03.09.2006 - 13:12
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Haha, I was expecting something a bit different to that. How original
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
03.09.2006 - 14:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Is it just me, or is that link not working?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.09.2006 - 14:23
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Both links work for me, so its just you
03.09.2006 - 16:56
Baz Anderson

the logo hardly looks any different
what is the point?
03.09.2006 - 18:48
Wo0dy
Account deleted
looks like decapitated logo a bit...
03.09.2006 - 22:42
lordz
IzZo
I dont C that much defferance eathier
03.09.2006 - 23:52
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
@ all above posters: I agree with the fact that they didn't really change the logo at all. I guess by "new", they meant a new color scheme. Although I must admit, the black color scheme looks pretty br00tal.
04.09.2006 - 04:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The two logos look similar, but the old logo is better.
04.09.2006 - 05:57
Richard

I'm glad they didn't make a drastic alteration to the original logo, as it's always a shame when a band with several albums out suddenly completely redesigns the logo they've used since the first album.

I suppose Deicide just wanted to make a subtle change to the logo to reflect the new era for the band, what with the new line-up.
----
04.09.2006 - 07:05
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I never knew Deicide was capable of such innovation.
----
The force will be with you, always.
06.09.2006 - 11:42
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Haha, ok i was definalty thinking that they changed the whole design ... doesnt look much different from the last
----

Hellcunt Smurf
26.10.2006 - 18:00
Leventry
Account deleted
Sweet altough not much diffrence but yh it kick ass!

Hits total: 2417 | This month: 9