Metal Storm logo
Jeff Loomis - To Release New Solo Material

Beyond the Dark Horizon recently spoke with guitar icon, Jeff Loomis of Seattle's long running Metal tyrants, Nevermore. Loomis spoke about Nevermore's latest release, The Obsidian Conspiracy, his solo endeavors, being a guitar icon and more. You can read the whole thing here.

When asked if Loomis is planning to release a follow-up to his solo album, he answered:

"Yes I do. I actually signed on for 2 more records and I'm working on the new one right now. There's still no title yet but I'm working on the music and hoping for a mid-winter release next year."

Loomis also had the following to say about the Sanctuary reunion:

"All I know at the moment is that Warrel wanted to get the band back together and do a couple of shows and I think we're going to do some festival shows. As far as a new record, I'm not quite sure if that's going to happen yet. That's actually still being talked about. But I can say that there will be a few Sanctuary festival shows over in Germany."

Source: beyondthedarkhorizon.com
Band profile: Jeff Loomis
Posted: 24.12.2010 by *!*

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 117 users
24.12.2010 - 13:37
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Zero Order Phase was great. Looking for the new solo Jeff Loomis!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
24.12.2010 - 17:17
gorguts

Awesome!
24.12.2010 - 17:22
The Voyager
The Table
It has been a while since I have been so excited about a new album, particularly an instrumental one. Zero Order Phase was an absolute masterpiece.
24.12.2010 - 18:27
MetalSpider

Awesome! I loved Zero Order Phase!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
24.12.2010 - 22:34
nb

Oh yeah!, I want more Jeff Loomis solo albums, his music is just mind blowing.
25.12.2010 - 16:44
Veljko?

Yeah! Can't wait for that album! Zero Order Phase is a masterpiece, so I expect this album to be awesome, too!
26.12.2010 - 23:39
ClosingWords

I really feel that "The Obsidian Conspiracy" really lacked due to "Zero Order Phase". If some of the riffs and solos on "Zero Order Phase" were apart of the last Nevermore album, I'm pretty sure I would've enjoyed it a lot more. I'm a pretty big Nevermore fan and "The Obsidian Conspiracy" really had little to no replay value for me while I still listen to "Zero Order Phase" pretty often.... As much as I love Jeff Loomis' solo work, I wish he was using all his creativity for Nevermore. I guess that might be asking a little too much as every metal guitarists dream is probably to make a solo album at some time...
----
"'Cause yesterday don't mean shit,
What's over is over and nothing between.
Yesterday dont mean shit,
Because tomorrow's the day you have to face"
26.12.2010 - 23:40
ClosingWords

Either way I'll be looking forward to this release nonetheless as I'm sure it will be another masterpiece.
----
"'Cause yesterday don't mean shit,
What's over is over and nothing between.
Yesterday dont mean shit,
Because tomorrow's the day you have to face"
27.12.2010 - 02:43
Brutalhellblazer

Another Masterpiece..as it is used to be!
----
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known
29.12.2010 - 18:27
Dark Blood
The Avenger
2 good news here! Looking forward to his new album. Also Im hoping to see a new Sanctuary album... That'd be awesome.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
29.06.2011 - 18:53
warrior_of_ice

Im still waiting for this album....

Hits total: 3496 | This month: 5