Metal Storm logo
From a second story window...metalcore or what?

03.09.2006 - 21:05
HardSide

Just heard the ep from "From a second story window" some people are classifing it as metalcore, yet i hear more of a grindcore kind of sound then metalcore. Any opinions?

P.S. If I posted this in the wrong section of the forums, just move it please.
03.09.2006 - 23:58
Endoftherainbow

They're definently a metalcore band there's no doubt about that but they do have alot of outside influences from other subgenres but for the most part they are still metalcore. I'm not to fond of this band but someone told me they weren't bad live.
04.09.2006 - 01:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They are indeed metalcore, but with a slight deathcore feel to them.
16.10.2006 - 01:34
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
they're metalcore....but with grindcore influences...i guess
16.10.2006 - 11:05
Raiden
Down Under Staff
I have one album of EP or whatever you want to call it of this band. My friend gave it to me for a listen. I wouldn't say that it was that metalcore-y. They have one lot of vocals with a deeper growl, and another rasper, but it's not really the metalcore scream. It's more harsher than that I think. Sometimes perhaps it isn't so good, but it's better than some vocals you hear. Plus the don't have that annoying scream-for-a-bit then clean vocals then screamcleanscreamclean with a 'tired' kind of sound. So maybe they are a bit metalcore in a way, but not overly so, so it's probably an ok sound.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
16.10.2006 - 20:56
Xaphiris

FUCK YEAH!!! You gotta love them bands like Tiamat or Therion, who were pretty good death metal back in the days but went in other directions and kick as in their new field like no other!

-- Just posted this to get that certain effect, which reminds you guys, that the General Metal Forum is a place NOT to talk about a specific band or genre...

P.S. This thread used to be part of the GMF, the place I mostly lurk around at, and I had to call Emigration to have it moved it here...
----
18.10.2006 - 15:27
HardSide

Written by Xaphiris on 16.10.2006 at 20:56

FUCK YEAH!!! You gotta love them bands like Tiamat or Therion, who were pretty good death metal back in the days but went in other directions and kick as in their new field like no other!

-- Just posted this to get that certain effect, which reminds you guys, that the General Metal Forum is a place NOT to talk about a specific band or genre...

Good thing your here to set the record straight, we dont want misorder on the boards.
01.11.2006 - 06:08
MUSIC?
Account deleted
Well whatever they are, they kick all kinds of ass. I hear em as deathcore more then metalcore.

"I tried voodoo once . . ."
24.10.2009 - 21:43
Hanyuchan

Sounds like kinda prog metalcore to me