Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius - An Update From Jörg Michael

Back in November, the news came out that drummer Jörg Michael (ex-Rage, ex-Running Wild, ex-Saxon, ex-Mekong Delta) was diagnosed with cancer. The current Stratovarius drummer now checked in with the following message:

"Dear All, this is Jörg speaking, finally.

I hope this message finds everybody well and everybody is in an easy-peasy Christmas mood already. The first leg of the European tour with Helloween is over - time to have a few words with you.

First of all, let's not forget the brilliant emergency rescue action and playing of Alex Landenburg (Axxis, Mekong Delta, At Vance), thanx again for all what you did for the fans, the band and also for me.

Surely I hate the idea of somebdy is sitting on "my chair" but this special action needed some special treatment and I am proud and happy that it was you, Alex. Thanx again, we'll get together for a real drink, not like these other Scandinavian pussies in the band

I was overwhelmed by all the wishes, tons of emails and text messages I received from all over the world wishing me a speedy recovery. Thank you so much for supporting me, and it made me feel very strong when fighting these bastards inside of me.

I have some good news to tell you and believe me - I really enjoy to tell the world:

The surgery was done about 6 weeks ago and the first therapy is done as well. All looks good so far and as Jens told me before: "Do not worry Jörg, nothing survives in your body after all what you did to it!"

Finally he was right, there are only small bits and bobs left - I will fight those with another therapy in about 4 months time.

I think I have been very lucky that it was discovered by one of my friends in a very early state. Very good that my friend decided to become a doctor, he was very lousy when he tried playing the guitar.

Besides preparing myself for Christmas, I am currently practicing the drums to be ready and kickin' again when the tour continues in the new year. I will be back, thanx again for everything and let's get alive and kicking once again, see you in Paris and everywhere else..."

Source: forum.stratovarius.com
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 26.12.2010 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 192 users
26.12.2010 - 16:51
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Wish you the best and and a speedy recovery Jorg. The fans need you back.....
----
Chef Metal Head
26.12.2010 - 17:52
Jon

Wonderful news and good for you Jorg
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
26.12.2010 - 18:32
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Nice, very good news
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
26.12.2010 - 19:16
mikeprado30

Thanks God that Jörg is on the line again! Just waiting for the new album and their amazing tour that it seems will be here in Costa Rica!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
26.12.2010 - 19:22
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Great news, so finally Santa made my Christmas wish come true

Good to see you back and hopefully stronger than ever
26.12.2010 - 20:58
Mountain King
K i K o
Good news. Amazing drummers should never die...
27.12.2010 - 00:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
FUCK YEAH. Jörg Michael is fucking bigger than cancer.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 3253 | This month: 5