Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
Not even close their previous release
24.10.2011 - 03:43
JCJen7

Written by JÄY on 27.12.2010 at 21:18

Not even close their previous release

I humbly disagree. I quite prefer this one.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
05.09.2012 - 18:20
Rating: 8
musicalkaratekid

I slightly prefer this album to 'Heaven and Hell', purely because the songs I think fit Dio's voice a bit better. Not to say that the songs on 'heaven and Hell' aren't great however.
18.07.2013 - 21:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is not Black Sabbath, this is more Dio solo something, I dont deny this album, this is good quality metal, awesome, heavy like it shood be but somehow band name and vocalks dont goes together, well Dio has own personality and style, but still fucking awesome album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.07.2013 - 21:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 18.07.2013 at 21:47

This is not Black Sabbath, this is more Dio solo something, I dont deny this album, this is good quality metal, awesome, heavy like it shood be but somehow band name and vocalks dont goes together, well Dio has own personality and style, but still fucking awesome album

This album is a lot more Black Sabbath than Heaven & Hell and a few classes better as well. H&H was pure DIo.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.07.2013 - 22:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.07.2013 at 21:51

This album is a lot more Black Sabbath than Heaven & Hell and a few classes better as well. H&H was pure DIo.

Both are Dio, but comparing to laither Ozzy before kicking out musicaly I prefere thoseb 2 Dio
I like H&H more, maybe because my father use to own vinyl back in the days,
----

apos;'
[image]
11.12.2013 - 03:27
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
One of my favorite Sabbath albums period (with or without Ozzy). Between the two classic Dio releases, this is my favorite of the two, although I love "Heaven and Hell" as well. This is able to easily retain the dark feeling of the past albums with Ozzy while still matching up with Dio's style. It's a wonderful album really.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
11.12.2013 - 05:44
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by CobiWan1993 on 11.12.2013 at 03:27

This is able to easily retain the dark feeling of the past albums with Ozzy while still matching up with Dio's style.

At First that's why I didn't like it... glad that's no longer an issue.
11.12.2013 - 10:37
Night Rider

Great album, but slightly prefer Heaven and Hell
12.12.2013 - 04:01
Rating: 10
DyingWorld

One of the best Sabbath albums, period. I think it's equal to Heaven and Hell, as well as the best of the Ozzy era albums. Sabbath splitting up with Ozzy was one of the greatest moves in music, in my opinion. Not only was there a rebirth of Sabbath, but at the same time, there was Ozzy with his new secret weapon.
15.07.2014 - 12:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.07.2013 at 21:51

Agreed. Mob Rules has that doomy atmosphere that the previous couple lacked.

Edit: Guess Dentura already said it :O
15.07.2014 - 23:44
Rating: 7
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I think I prefer Dehumanizer to this album.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
16.07.2014 - 01:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ace Frawley on 15.07.2014 at 23:44

WTF? I really can't and don't understand people thinking that album is above average (Dehumanizer that is). When it was released I found it average at best, just like all of my metaller firends. And now all of those years later all of us regard it as one of the weakest Sabbath albums ever.

Dehumanizer doesn't sound like Sabbath at all and sounds like a run of the mill standard metal/power metal band
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.07.2014 - 05:14
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.07.2014 at 01:54

Written by Ace Frawley on 15.07.2014 at 23:44

WTF? I really can't and don't understand people thinking that album is above average (Dehumanizer that is). When it was released I found it average at best, just like all of my metaller firends. And now all of those years later all of us regard it as one of the weakest Sabbath albums ever.

Dehumanizer doesn't sound like Sabbath at all and sounds like a run of the mill standard metal/power metal band

My metaller friends and your metaller friends would probably not be friends then.
----
17.07.2014 - 00:18
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.07.2014 at 01:54

Not sure where this is coming from? It does sound like Sabbath and I can't see why someone would use the term "power metal" to describe it?
----
23.07.2015 - 21:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm wasn't one time in pats marcel and Richard debate somehow both agreed Dehuminizer is best Sabbath whit Dio
----

apos;'
[image]
24.01.2016 - 23:14
Timelord

Written by Bad English on 23.07.2015 at 21:10

Hmm wasn't one time in pats marcel and Richard debate somehow both agreed Dehuminizer is best Sabbath whit Dio

The production doesn't do "Dehumanizer" any justice. The songs Computer God, After All (The Dead), T.V. Crimes and I played live sounded so much better than the album versions.
26.08.2018 - 23:56
DeathMetal

Damn solid album. Nice mix of Dio and Sabbath in this one.
03.12.2018 - 14:10
Rating: 6
Mountain King
K i K o
I still think this is a weak album. "Heaven and Hell" was way better and "Headless Cross" & "Tyr" 100 times better.
02.04.2021 - 21:25
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
I think this album is a very good effort, it's not the best by them, but imo it does contain some of Iommi's best solos, and I like how they brought back a bit more of the traditional doom style riffs like from their early albums, it sounded like they were trying to incorporate old Sabbath with Dio's vocals instead of Ozzy, which was ok, but I don't think it was ever going to match Heaven and Hell, that sounded very much like a classic Dio album to me with Sabbath having slight influences.
25.04.2022 - 16:33
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
One of my first metal exposures. "Sign of the Southern Cross" and "Falling Off the Edge of the World" are still some of the best songs ever written in my opinion.
Overall, I think I prefer Heaven and Hell, just because here "Country Girl" and "Slipping Away" are weaker songs (or at least not my taste).
That said, this is still a great album. At times fun ("Turn Up the Night", "Voodoo"), at times epic doom ("Sign" and "Falling", at times melancholy ("Over and Over")
Great guitar-work and Dio's voice is simply incredible

Hits total: 17781 | This month: 73