Metal Storm logo
Rebellion - Three Members Leave The Band

There is some bad news from the Rebellion camp: guitarist Uwe Lulis (ex-Grave Digger) has decided to quit the German heavy/power metal band. Furthermore, also drummer Gerd Lücking and guitarist Simone Wenzel have announced their departure.

Uwe Lulis stated: "Rebellion was also my band and I would be pleased if bassist Tomi Göttlich (ex-Grave Digger) and vocalist Michael Seifert will continue successfully".

The situation of Rebellion is thus extremely difficult, and the two remaining members are now deliberating whether and how they are going to carry on with the band.

Commented Tomi Göttlich: "We ask ourselves whether Rebellion without Uwe can still be Rebellion. On the other hand a band always depends on their fans, so we would be pleased if our fans told us their opinion about it."

Micha added: "Tomi and I wish Uwe, Gerd and Simone honestly all the best with their new projects."

Gerd and Uwe will be forming a new band, and Simone has in the meantime joined Vernissage.

Source: rebellion.st
Band profile: Rebellion
Posted: 30.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 73 users
30.12.2010 - 18:03
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Terrible news :< I just started to listen to this band and I really like their music. Wish the best for all members.
----
30.12.2010 - 18:50
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Yeah, last two albums were very good. Real shame.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
31.12.2010 - 14:27
YoreLore
That really sucks. I loved the trilogy they released and most of that was down to the input of Uwe. Don't see them being the same if they decide to continue
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
01.01.2011 - 07:10
atkmetal123
Rebellion always make me surprise in every single of their album , this is a really sad new :-(
06.01.2011 - 10:15
Akirasolo
Hopefully they continue....Love the bands cds

Hits total: 2748 | This month: 4