Metal Storm logo
Clandestine Cuts #4 Now Up! Graphic Artists, Cartoonists & Doodlers - We Need You!

Ladies and gentlemen! You know what time it is! It's time for our monthly Demo/EP/Single spotlight special! This month features Astrophobos, Rising, Australis, Desert Beneath The Pavement, Albatross, Heathen Beast, and Sanity Of Impiety! Check it out here.

We could write a long story here about how this feature is by the people - for the people, but frankly we don't need to! You show your support for the underground by giving these guys a listen and giving them a vote if you like 'em. Is it working? Well, since the release of our monthly feature, Skull Fist have found themselves a record & booking deal, and Apsis have apparently been contacted by a few labels. Are these great developments because of our combined efforts? It's impossible to say for sure, but the timing is remarkable. Either way, it's because of people like you that these bands are finding some success. So go vote for your favourite from issue #4! Voting closes for all issues on January 14th, nominees will be revealed shortly thereafter.

Now for some new developments on our end...The year is coming to an end and a new one is beginning, which means a new batch of nominee contenders for the 2011 awards. So for 2011 we want a new picture/emblem image for the Clandestine Cuts feature, and we want you to make it for us! It can be any style of artwork you want, the only rules that apply are that it needs to contain the words "Clandestine Cuts - Demo/EP Spotlight" somewhere on it. The best one will be chosen to represent the article for the next year.

Some questions you may have:
Will I get paid?
Fuck no. End of story. You will be credited at the bottom of each article though.

Do I have to be good at all that art shit?
No. Keep in mind we're just looking for something that will be shrunken down to a 150x150 image, so anything with immense, intricate detail probably won't work as well. So it doesn't matter if your artistic skills rival that of that guy who painted Jesus on that ceiling and stuff, or you just like to draw unicorns on MS Paint in your free time.

Can I steal someone else artwork?
No! It must be YOUR artwork. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.

What if I want you to stop using my image?
Too bad. By submitting your piece, you are agreeing to the terms we set down. And the terms we're setting is that we can whore your picture out at our discretion.

Where do I send the image to?
Attach it to an e-mail, and send it to lukegodin@metalstorm.ee.

And that wraps things up for another month! See you next year!

The Metal Storm Team

PS - Don't forget to go back and vote for your favourite from our first 3 issues!
Issue #1
Issue #2
Issue #3

Source: metalstorm.net
Posted: 01.01.2011 by Doc Godin

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 78 users
01.01.2011 - 21:40
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Too bad i suck at drawing... can i get my sister to do it :S