Metal Storm logo
Satyricon - To Perform With Norwegian Orchestra In November

Norwegian black metallers Satyricon have posted the following message on their official web site:

"The booking of the Scandinavian tour in November is coming to an end and will be announced shortly. For now there are three shows already on sale: Oslo, Trondheim and Bergen, Norway. We are looking at approximately 10 shows in Norway, 6 in Sweden and 2 in Denmark.

"As a part of this tour we will realise our ambition to make the appearance of the brass section on the 'Now, Diabolical' album become reality, live in concert. We have already done this in a scaled down version as a part of the P3 sessions show that was a concert broadcast on radio shortly before the release of the album.

"This time around we have been lucky enough to join forces with the whole cavalry and we have some of the best men from The Norwegian Broadcasting Orchestra and Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra joining us on stage at Sentrum Scene in Oslo, November 4th. Please note that we are talking about big-ass horns in various shapes and forms. There will be no harps, or violins for that matter!

"Together with Øivind Westby that helped arrange brass for three of the songs on 'Now, Diabolical', we are arranging brass for old and new Satyricon songs trying to give the songs a dimension and feel they normally don't have. We have moved the show to Sentrum Scene to ensure it is an all-ages show. We hope this will be a spectacular night for us the performing musicians, and the fans. The show will also be recorded and filmed."

Satyricon's latest album, "Now, Diabolical", debuted at No. 2 on the national Norwegian chart and also charted in Sweden and Finland.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Satyricon
Posted: 04.09.2006 by Insineratehymn

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 5 users
04.09.2006 - 13:11
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
This might be wierd...
04.09.2006 - 13:58
lordz
IzZo
their trying to pull off a metallica trick.... I hope it works cuz I like these guys
04.09.2006 - 14:00
Damnated
Churchburner
This will be wierd. I'm looking forward to it, though.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.09.2006 - 16:25
Daru Jericho

Dammit! Why the hell couldn't you have done that for ALL your European dates (or at least you UK ones!)?! I'm really intrigued to hear what that would sound like. The Scandinavians luck out again.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

05.09.2006 - 13:03
FOOCK Nam

I heard that people hated this band becuz they changed their style. Satyricon was one of old symbolic black metal band
06.09.2006 - 09:26
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Daru, this sounds like a fairly unique event so it's not surprising they're doing it in their homeland. You should be able to hear it when they release the recording.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
06.09.2006 - 11:20
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Im interested to hear this. Was thinking that it would be with a whole Orchestra but reading that its only the brass instruments is making me more intreged into this.
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 2349 | This month: 5