Metal Storm logo
Stephen King

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 21:22
One of the best horror writers of all time, King manages to literally scare the shit out of the reader. I dunno about you guys, but while I was reading Miserry, I was scared. This is one of my fav books from King, the other would be The Stand.
30.11.2011 - 12:14
Warman
Erotic Stains
His latest book about the Kennedy murder seems really interesting. I'm on a mission to read as much as possible released by the dude, which probably will take a couple of (or many) years more. Read about 15 works so far. Currently having 5 of his books on my bedstand: "'Salem's Lot", "The Dark Tower 3: The Waste Lands", "Skeleton Crew", "Everything's Eventual. 14 Dark Tales" and "Firestarter". I have no problem reading several books at the same time. After all, I'm used to it since I've read litterature courses on my way to being a high school teacher in Swedish and history.

Anyway, I can't get enough of King.
----
01.12.2022 - 23:25
Horsymet
Did you know that Stephen King is a major inspiration for metal and hard rock? The album "Touched By The Crimson King" of Demons & Wizards is mainly inspired by the "Dark Tower" series, and songs like "Who Made Who" (AC/DC), "Don't Fear the Reaper" (Blue Oyster Cult), "Among the Living" (Anthrax), "The Shining" (Black Sabbath), "Tommyknockers" (Blind Guardian), "Ride the Lightning" (Metallica), "Deadlights" (Gehenna), "It The Gathering" (Savage Circus), "Black 13" (Exodus), "Hell in the Hallways" (Ice Nine Kills), "7 Days to the Wolves" (Nightwish) & "Disciples of the Watch" (Testament) are also inspired by his novels.
02.12.2022 - 14:15
Yeah is Shawshank Redemption made him ?