06. Dawn Within
07. Wide Shut
08. Requiem For A Goodbye
09. Beyond The Stars
10. Time To Grow
11. Apostrophe For A Legend [Nightmare Records bonus]
12. Fate In Motion [Spiritual Beast Records bonus]

Additional info
Released via Nightmare Records on October 11, 2011. Also released via Spiritual Beast.

Guest review by
Mindheist
Rating:
N/A
On September, 26th 2011, as dusk drew nigh, a girl of ravishing beauty sat at the window watching darkness drown her grief-stricken city in autumnal grace. The divine elegance of the fading eventide rendered her speechless, gazing with an ogling reverence at the last glints of the setting sun as it slowly oozed its way behind the cutting crusts of the Atlas Mountains. She was eagerly waiting for God to finish painting his masterpiece; for the dark mist to enshroud Andalusia before she begins paging through what seemed to be an authorless book of tales that she's been cradling since morn. A book simply dubbed: Tales of the Sands.

Read more ››
published 27.12.2011 | Comments (14)

Found in 56 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 3

Comments: 65   Visited by: 1012 users
09.10.2011 - 00:07
Sadok

I want This Album Even I live in the same Country of Myrath I can't Find the album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.10.2011 - 01:59
Rating: 9
Dominus
The Shooter
I'm listening for first time this band. Amazing sound. Now, i wish check previous albums.
13.10.2011 - 23:03
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Finally got the album, soooooo impressed. One of the best listens this year.
13.10.2011 - 23:24
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I liked it a lot, I'm impressed as well.
15.10.2011 - 03:06
Susan
Smeghead
The CD finally came in today's mail!! I haven't read this thread yet since I didn't want any spoilers. Listening now.

Dear Myrath,

Thank you for being epic as fuck. Way to be an awesome band and continuing to step it up with every release.

Love, Lyrinan

Seriously this album came not a second too late. I was craving something exactly like this. Someone said it already but it's one hell of a year for progressive metal.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
16.10.2011 - 04:30
Rating: 8
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Susan on 15.10.2011 at 03:06

The CD finally came in today's mail!! I haven't read this thread yet since I didn't want any spoilers. Listening now.
Dear Myrath,
Thank you for being epic as fuck. Way to be an awesome band and continuing to step it up with every release.
Love, Lyrinan
Seriously this album came not a second too late. I was craving something exactly like this. Someone said it already but it's one hell of a year for progressive metal.

I actually had to change my vote on this one, I freaking love this album. I've been listening to it quite a bit and it is really sticking. I wondered if it was just a bit of wanting to hear something different but it is genuinely a good album. Desert Call had it's moments which I remember liking shortly before getting tired of it, but this album shows no signs of getting old. Definitely a good year, MS Awards are gonna be tough...
16.10.2011 - 04:58
Susan
Smeghead
Am I insane or do I hear hints of Kamelot-esque power metal in here from time to time? Still loving it.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
16.10.2011 - 05:15
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Susan on 16.10.2011 at 04:58

Am I insane or do I hear hints of Kamelot-esque power metal in here from time to time? Still loving it.

I noticed that too, it's not present at all times but whenever they shift away from that oriental sound they seem to fall back on a progressive/power style which does remind me of Kamelot for some reason.

What I find really amazing is how the vocalist manages to move in and out of that Arabian variation that he does with such ease.
18.10.2011 - 03:14
SyndicCalls404

I'm in the credits!! This is such an inspiration to give this album another chance, it will sound FAR better than on Spotify.
18.10.2011 - 03:18
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by SyndicCalls404 on 18.10.2011 at 03:14
I'm in the credits!!

Congrats. "Special thanks" kind of thing?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.10.2011 - 04:55
SyndicCalls404

Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.10.2011 at 03:18

Yeah, even though a B is used instead of an N...lol. Appreciate how gracious and approachable this band is.
18.10.2011 - 08:11
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.10.2011 at 03:18

Written by SyndicCalls404 on 18.10.2011 at 03:14
I'm in the credits!!

Have you listened to this album Troy? I am actually curious as to what you would think of it... *winces*
18.10.2011 - 08:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Introspekrieg on 18.10.2011 at 08:11
Have you listened to this album Troy? I am actually curious as to what you would think of it... *winces*

Actually I was in the process of convincing myself to give it an honest try just to see where I stand on it. It's been getting a lot of praise, but so does a lot of prog these days.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.10.2011 - 02:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I am actually curious as to what you would think of it... *winces*

Admittedly I was expecting far worse than what I heard. The Arabic folk parts mixed with the chugging riffs and foreign vocals really make for a diverse listening experience, but altogether it's still got that sort of power metal cheese factor I loathe and I would have liked a bit more technical emphasis on the guitars. The choruses made me feel like I was listening to a radio pop/rock band but it isn't all bad. It's catchy, and the progression throughout each song - let alone throughout the album - is undeniable. I can see why it's getting praised by power/prog fans but that kind of music is out of my jurisdiction.

That being said, I still have this ranked higher than a lot of "extreme" stuff like Abysmal Dawn, Burzum, Dodsferd, and Deicide.
----
19.10.2011 - 03:10
manthraxxx

Proud to say I am Arabic and addicted to Myrath !!!
19.10.2011 - 05:01
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.10.2011 at 02:05

I am actually curious as to what you would think of it... *winces*

Admittedly I was expecting far worse than what I heard. The Arabic folk parts mixed with the chugging riffs and foreign vocals really make for a diverse listening experience, but altogether it's still got that sort of power metal cheese factor I loathe and I would have liked a bit more technical emphasis on the guitars. The choruses made me feel like I was listening to a radio pop/rock band but it isn't all bad. It's catchy, and the progression throughout each song - let alone throughout the album - is undeniable. I can see why it's getting praised by power/prog fans but that kind of music is out of my jurisdiction.

That being said, I still have this ranked higher than a lot of "extreme" stuff like Abysmal Dawn, Burzum, Dodsferd, and Deicide.

That is pretty cool that you gave it a fair chance, I knew it wasn't going to be your cup of tea but it's always fun to change things up a bit. For a band from Tunisia who started off as a Symphony X cover band (I think?) they have come a long way. I'm hoping that they will be able to tour the U.S. at some point...

If you have any recommendations for me we could do like a "foreign exchange student" thing, where you get something to listen to that is totally outside of what you usually like.
19.10.2011 - 05:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Introspekrieg on 19.10.2011 at 05:01
If you have any recommendations for me we could do like a "foreign exchange student" thing, where you get something to listen to that is totally outside of what you usually like.

Deal. Go try this.

(Once you're done commenting you can link me to something on here and we'll hop around like that for a while.) Kind of excited for this. Good way to listen to some new music I otherwise wouldn't even think of touching.
----
19.10.2011 - 05:39
Rating: 7
jhook

Well i liked this at first but it wore off extremely quickly, i find it way to boring and predictable now, too many midpaced chugging low register riffs that dont leave much of an impression
19.10.2011 - 17:02
PocketMetal

^ +1000

except I didn't even like it at first , clearly not a bad album ... but it's not exceptional work .
23.10.2011 - 15:05
JD
Account deleted
Damn it, I need to get the bonus tracks.
04.11.2011 - 21:44
Vonpire

Written by Guest on 08.10.2011 at 00:06

Written by Guest on 28.09.2011 at 10:54

This album has everything I've ever wished for in an Arabic metal album. 10.

Really? You like those poppy parts that sound like modern Arabic pop?
The proggy parts are great, but the oriental ones, no. I like my oriental metal Nile-esque, not poppy modern Arabic music.

This!
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
09.11.2011 - 17:03
Rating: 10
thehondo

The blend of cultures ..simply brilliant. Theres so much going on, all the time. They just keep getting better. Yes, 2011...might be the best year for prog metal in a long time.
----
No time like the present
20.11.2011 - 17:17
Candlemass
Defaeco
Very good release
05.12.2011 - 07:19
tuerda

WOW! Like Orphaned Land meets Symphony X . . . and yeah, it's every bit as awesome as it sounds. Totally rocking!
05.12.2011 - 12:05
Rating: 10
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Album of the year 2011, if you ask me.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
12.01.2012 - 00:56
Rating: 6
My2Cents

Overwrought keyboards, cheesy lyrics (and not in a good way), etc. This just isn't as good as previous releases.
----
*insert quote that makes me look cultured here*
13.01.2012 - 08:31
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I'm not too familiar with their previous work but what is really surprising is the production. All of the arabic and non-metal elements sound wonderful. Unfortunately thats all they do as they don't really stick and sound a bit generic as far as song writing goes. The prog element, is just typical prog with syncopated off rhythm instrumentation. Every now and then there are some nice riffs but no song really stands out outside of some songs I suppose having some specific nice parts.
20.02.2012 - 18:02
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Susan on 16.10.2011 at 04:58

Yeah, that's what I hear all the time on this album; as if they started off as a Kamelot - rather than Symphony X - cover band. I am not familiar with Symphony X all that much though.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.03.2012 - 12:55
diamondblack

Brilliant album, absolutely stunning melodies. Can't wait for next album
03.07.2012 - 06:54
Mechaniacal

That's more like it, Myrath. A big improvement over Desert Call.

Hits total: 20935 | This month: 148