Metal Storm logo
Within Temptation - New Album Cover Art And Tracklist Revealed

Original news, posted on 06.01.2011

Within Temptation has unveiled the cover artwork for their upcoming concept album The Unforgiving.

As previously reported, The Unforgiving will be based on a comic book series, written by Steven O'Connell (BloodRayne & Dark 48). The main characters of the comic will be reflecting the characters of the songs. Comic artist Romano Molenaar (Witchblade, Darkness and X-men) has been asked to draw the characters and scenery. You can check out some pages from the comic book here.

The Unforgiving is due to be released worldwide in March 2011.

[Also thanks to BudDa for the news!]

UPDATE [thanks to Angel_Lament]

Dutch metallers Within Temptation have just revealed the tracklist of their forthcoming album, entitled The Unforgiving.

The Unforgiving tracklist:

01. Why Not Me
02. Shot In The Dark
03. In The Middle Of The Night
04. Faster
05. Fire And Ice
06. Iron
07. Where Is The Edge
08. Sinéad
09. Lost
10. Murder
11. A Demon's Fate
12. Stairway To The Skies

Source: within-temptation.com
Band profile: Within Temptation
Posted: 13.01.2011 by Shadowcross

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 369 users
08.01.2011 - 07:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I'm only an occasional listener to their last album (which at first I didn't care for, but eventually found it good enough) and not so much a fan of anything else since 1998, but honestly, I'm pleased with the cover. There is so many useless cover arts out there, at least this one draws attention to itself and to the concept of the album. Of course, I wasn't so impressed with what I've heard from the album so far, so who knows. And for anyone who thinks that metal albums should not be based on comic books, you obviously don't realize how many albums have been already
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
10.01.2011 - 14:52
mariano

Written by theloneDrow on 06.01.2011 at 21:54

With the fall of within temptation and nightwish , epica can be the best symphonic metal band on earth!

True, but I also keep some hopes on Delain and Stream of Passion.
13.01.2011 - 20:38
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Written by Elodie Artour on 06.01.2011 at 19:51

Dislike.

That's all I have/am able to say right now.

EDIT: At first, the whole "comic book based concept" seemed to me sort of intriguing. Now that I've already seen the artwork, I don't find it that fascinating any more... :

+35
13.01.2011 - 20:48
YoreLore

Written by Bad English on 07.01.2011 at 03:05

People say manowar are gfake and gay band....but they dony gave so gay artwork, its maybe humor Nr 1 in 2011... somehow I can image how album will sounds like

Not that I am doubting that Within Temptation have a very bad album cover but need I remind you of ANTHOLOGY by Manowar. If thats not a homoerotic album cover then what is? All it's missing is Joey rubbing oil on Eric "lungs of leather" Adams...

http://www.doseofmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Manowar_Anthology.jpg
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
13.01.2011 - 21:22
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
The Gothic Version of GTA?
13.01.2011 - 21:30
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by mariano on 10.01.2011 at 14:52

Written by theloneDrow on 06.01.2011 at 21:54

With the fall of within temptation and nightwish , epica can be the best symphonic metal band on earth!

True, but I also keep some hopes on Delain and Stream of Passion.

haha! Delain. Good one.

Edit: By the way, "Stairway To The Skies". Does that remind anyone of anything?
----
13.01.2011 - 21:49
Raziel X

Lol I so knew everyone is going to bash it for being soo baaad and sooo commercial and stuff

Reminds me of VTM Bloodlines kinda... I am not a comic book expert but it looks ok to me... and so what if they have a cover like this? if you havent noticed, they have gone more commercial since Mother Earth, so you all had enough time to either stay with the band or stop whining and get to another band...

I like the new song and I hope the whole album is good
13.01.2011 - 22:09
Neuroku

Don't know why they don't just do a Mother Earth II and have done with it. Let's be honest, they'll never top Mother Earth.
13.01.2011 - 22:19
Oroandien

Not good... better to say, it´s bad. I am really afraid of the songs now.
13.01.2011 - 22:40
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Neuroku on 13.01.2011 at 22:09

Don't know why they don't just do a Mother Earth II and have done with it. Let's be honest, they'll never top Mother Earth.

Thats for sure. Mother Earth was probably one of the most remarkable and unique album of the genre. I really doubt it can be topped.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
13.01.2011 - 23:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Is this really the cover? okay lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.01.2011 - 00:06
Anibx

I like it. At least is different. You should open a little bit your minds.
14.01.2011 - 00:49
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Anibx on 14.01.2011 at 00:06

Yes, it's different... Veeeeeeeery bad and cheesy as hell, but original for a metal band. Heavy metal probably is the world's cheesiest music genre when it comes to artwork, so I've seen worse.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
14.01.2011 - 00:57
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I'm thinking Buffy. Am I the only one?
----
loves 小巫
14.01.2011 - 01:32
theloneDrow

Lol, the track list looks like a random pop-punk band
14.01.2011 - 09:04
Akke920

Fire and Ice, where have i heard that before? I mean, there couldn't be any other tracks with that brilliant name!
14.01.2011 - 11:15
DevilishSong

Metal Music that based on Comic books! ... hmm ...its Just ridiculous ...
14.01.2011 - 11:27
warlokie

Comic shit...lol
14.01.2011 - 12:34
Slyfang

Finally some originality.. i just hope this will also reflect a change in their music from woodland fairy church rock to something more unique
14.01.2011 - 14:08
mariano

Written by Neuroku on 13.01.2011 at 22:09

I don't really like the way Sharon used to sing before Silent Force, for me that album was the top of their careers: the best performance, best recording quality in studio and a great production in general.
14.01.2011 - 14:46
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Is it a joke?

What a terrible cover haha
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
14.01.2011 - 15:09
Jon

Written by annodomini on 07.01.2011 at 13:20

What is the main riddle to is the WT fans on official band's site. Most of them praise the new cover. Are they blind, or they just like everything the band do, and have no objective evaluation.

You'll often find this on a band's website... especially bands like WT. I used to visit a site called metalfromfinland, for news on various melodic things I like, and the comments section for Nightwish articles was always a clusterfuck of really, really ANGRY blind praise. These people scare me. Despite the fact visiting a website like this or MA where opinions actually differ from one person to another might cause them to wet their undies in fear.

I'd like to refute claims of Delain becoming anything more than incredibly repetitive and musically insignificant. After a decent debut, April Rain was the epitome of every black gothic singalong band giving female-fronted groups a bad name. Yawn!

Finally, very possible to have awesome albums with lyrics and covers based on all sorts of things... I'd like to namedrop Slough Feg's Traveller, for example, which is based on an old, old computer game.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
14.01.2011 - 16:18
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
That cover is just terrible. Hope the music is good..
14.01.2011 - 18:23
un4givendemon

I love Within Temptation, and the cover itself isn't bad for one that is made for a concept album. That being said, this seems very unlike them. Nonetheless, if Sharon continues to sing the way she has in recent years it doesn't matter one bit to me what it is.
18.01.2011 - 02:48
Anibx

Written by MétalNoir on 14.01.2011 at 00:49

Yes, it's different... Veeeeeeeery bad and cheesy as hell, but original for a metal band. Heavy metal probably is the world's cheesiest music genre when it comes to artwork, so I've seen worse.

Who say WT is a metal band?
18.01.2011 - 16:12
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Anibx on 18.01.2011 at 02:48

Written by MétalNoir on 14.01.2011 at 00:49

Who say WT is a metal band?

Well I personally consider them Symphonic rock with Gothic metal influences, but since it's on MS and it's not an influencial rock band like AC/DC, I guess people label them as metal...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....

Hits total: 10532 | This month: 10