Metal Storm logo
S.V.E.S.T

08.01.2011 - 13:09
The Turbanator

No topic about this excellent band? I love these guys. Sounds abit raw but when you listen to them proper, you'll get addicted.

Their album 'Urfaust' and demo 'Veritas Diaboli Manet in Aeternum: Le Diable Est Ma Raison' is really fucking amazing.

Very highly recommended.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
08.01.2011 - 14:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah great band, hugely psychedelic noisy sound. I don't listen to them nearly enough.
08.01.2011 - 18:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Fantastic band... Urfaust is my favourite album from france
09.01.2011 - 00:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Is it french band, where I cvan hear it because MA has no any myspace link
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.01.2011 - 01:59
The Turbanator

Written by Bad English on 09.01.2011 at 00:25

Is it french band, where I cvan hear it because MA has no any myspace link

Yeah the French band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aarDJUy2uZk I like this song but for me the best one is from the Urfaust album, 'Epitaphe'.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
09.01.2011 - 16:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I want that fucking Urfaust album but haven't been able to find it. Tips are appreciated.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.01.2011 - 17:28
The Turbanator

Written by Lucas on 09.01.2011 at 16:18

I want that fucking Urfaust album but haven't been able to find it. Tips are appreciated.

Download or buy?
----
09.01.2011 - 18:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Buy.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.01.2011 - 19:14
The Turbanator

Hmmm don't think you can find it easily. According to MA :

12" LP, limited to 400 copies (EAL 037). Reissued in 2005 as digipak CD limited
to 500 copies (EAL 042).

Download and have a listen. And when you got the chance, buy.
----
09.01.2011 - 19:19
The Turbanator

Edit : Sorry. Epitaphe isn't my favorite from that album. This one is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DxMrbG1w84

Love at first sight.
----
17.01.2011 - 04:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
People should closely examine 'Diamatregon' too, they have a not-too-dissimilar chaotic, noisy yet psychedelic style going on. At least on the Crossroad record anyway.
20.01.2011 - 20:53
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 17.01.2011 at 04:39

People should closely examine 'Diamatregon' too, they have a not-too-dissimilar chaotic, noisy yet psychedelic style going on. At least on the Crossroad record anyway.

But is it good?
----

20.01.2011 - 22:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 20.01.2011 at 20:53

Written by Guest on 17.01.2011 at 04:39

But is it good?

They ain't bad, to be honest I was pretty drunk when I wrote that so you might not find them to be all that like SVEST but well, I dunno, maybe you could youtube a couple of tracks or summink. They're on tUMULt which suggests they're a bit noisier than your average black metal band.

Not really like SVEST but interesting-ish after a bit:
04.12.2011 - 18:42
The Turbanator

BUMP!!!

Just hearing S.V.E.S.T again and I'm in awe like a fat kid in front of cakes.

Loveeeee this band.
----
08.12.2011 - 15:56
theFIST

Great band, but releases so little......
Also i think Veritas Diaboli Manet in Aeternum was produced far too clean which only suits the last song of it
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
09.12.2011 - 07:00
Savopipo

Written by theFIST on 08.12.2011 at 15:56

Also i think Veritas Diaboli Manet in Aeternum was produced far too clean which only suits the last song of it

I listened to V.D.M.i.A last night and I must say it's a world of difference compared to Urfaust. Not only the production is clearer and better balanced. The songwriting in itself seems more "traditional" and not at all as noisy as the earlier record (I wouldn't go so far as to call it "poppy" but it's not far from). This makes me a little sad (as I was just starting to get into the noisy aspects of S.V.E.S.T on Urfaust) at the same time as I really enjoy it as an album. Another thing that is OT but I have to say it: Deathspell Omega sounds fu**ing awsome on that album. That's really a band whos music benefit from the production.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
09.12.2011 - 18:05
theFIST

Written by Savopipo on 09.12.2011 at 07:00

I listened to V.D.M.i.A last night and I must say it's a world of difference compared to Urfaust. Not only the production is clearer and better balanced. The songwriting in itself seems more "traditional" and not at all as noisy as the earlier record (I wouldn't go so far as to call it "poppy" but it's not far from). This makes me a little sad (as I was just starting to get into the noisy aspects of S.V.E.S.T on Urfaust) at the same time as I really enjoy it as an album. Another thing that is OT but I have to say it: Deathspell Omega sounds fu**ing awsome on that album. That's really a band whos music benefit from the production.

Although modern Deathspell Omega songs usually profit from the clear production, to me their part of Veritas sounds too planned and might be enjoyable had it a more distorted guitar sound. Also i prefer the Manifestations to their later works
I don"t know how you can call it better balances, as quality seems to be something subjective...... and the song Le Diable est ma Raison could have been a typical S.v.e.s.t. masterpiece had it been produced Urfaust like
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
09.12.2011 - 18:30
The Turbanator

Written by theFIST on 09.12.2011 at 18:05

Written by Savopipo on 09.12.2011 at 07:00

Although modern Deathspell Omega songs usually profit from the clear production, to me their part of Veritas sounds too planned and might be enjoyable had it a more distorted guitar sound. Also i prefer the Manifestations to their later works
I don"t know how you can call it better balances, as quality seems to be something subjective...... and the song Le Diable est ma Raison could have been a typical S.v.e.s.t. masterpiece had it been produced Urfaust like

Both the albums are fantastic. I wish they'd release a few more soon. I love "Urfaust" most.
----
10.12.2011 - 11:20
Savopipo

Written by theFIST on 09.12.2011 at 18:05

I don"t know how you can call it better balances, as quality seems to be something subjective......

Better balanced as in: the drums can be clearly heard for instance.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
10.06.2012 - 11:51
The Turbanator

Anyone heard of Drastus? S.V.E.S.T ex drummer Sad is in this band. Excellent EP, this one.

----
02.05.2014 - 13:50
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by The Turbanator on 10.06.2012 at 11:51

Anyone heard of Drastus? S.V.E.S.T ex drummer Sad is in this band. Excellent EP, this one.

A little refresh. I just came across their last EP (Serpent's Chalice-Materia Prima) and I'm not sure whether Drastus and Sad actually created it together (some sources indicate that this is only one-man-Drastus project). Anyway, this is a great stuff. It sounds a bit like a mix of DsO, C.Y.T and Portal. Really enjoy it and can't wait for more releases from this guy(s). Highly recommended.