2 users:
Band: Thy?
Album: Portraits Of Murder
Style: Metalcore, Progressive metal
Release date: May 2005

01. Let's Play Genocide
02. Gas Chamber Hotbox
03. I'll Die Tomorrow

If I remember well, I discovered Portraits Of Murder on MySpace, and actually I was really surprised by the professionalism of those guys. I mean that this is only a Demo with only three songs but believe me that the structure of the songs is so complex but also so good that it is easy to understand that this band (if they have a bit of luck with the labels) will become something?

Portraits Of Murder is not an easy rip-off of some others bands, actually their music is really complex and I can say that it is a mix of Metalcore, Death Metal, Thrash and even progressive music with Jazz influences. It's really complex as you can understand, but believe me it's not a problem and it's more than appreciable to listen to their music.

The demo features only three songs but the length of the album is of approximately 20 minutes then I suppose that you got it, their songs are long. Like an Opeth they use to have aggressive parts but also soft ones with clean vocals on each songs. Those "soft" breaks are really well done and you could see that there are a lot of different influences on their tracks. You'll for example find a nice Jazzy break on "" but also piano, acoustic guitars etc. Don't misunderstand me, they're not a clone of Opeth because in general the rhythm of the songs are a lost faster and it clearly sounds Metalcore on a side but their little touches of Progressive music are really well done and at the end I'm sure that I'm in front of a really promising band.

In my opinion, you should quickly have a look on the three songs of Portraits Of Murder that you can listen to on their MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/portraitsofmurder) and you will see that I'm not lying. This band is really promising and I only hope that I will have some good news about them, soon.

Written by Jeff | 15.11.2005

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 14 users
12.01.2011 - 20:11
Rating: 7
dudebich

I heard about this band on the Between the Buried and Me forum a few years ago and was impressed. They've been creating buzz again lately...looking forward to their new material!

-Wes
----
HEAVY METAL!!!!

Hits total: 2585 | This month: 5